This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
    The team that went into the past was ours up to that point. By the episode's end, however, our team became the one with the ZPM, which had no clue about the entire time travel incident. It's the same case here.
    Funny how it makes the real SG-1 end with Moebius, and any SG stuff after that being... someting else.
    The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

The team that went into the past was ours up to that point. By the episode's end, however, our team became the one with the ZPM, which had no clue about the entire time travel incident. It's the same case here.
      The major proof of this is that the timehopping SG-1 never returns in both cases (oddly, they all die except one- Daniel in Moebius, Tealc in Unending, and
      Spoiler:
      Mitchell in Continuum)
      Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
      encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
      3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
      4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
      5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

I guess it's just my perspective. It was our team at the start who were killed and then went into the past to fix what was messed with.
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Spoiler:
          To the "what happened to Anubis thing..."...
          Ba'al had a time machine.... he could have very easily sent jaffa to where ever anubis was years before he ascended. He took what? 3 maybe 4 jaffa with him to earth? He brain washed way more than that and considering he didn't need them anymore he could of easily sent all of them to kill Anubis.
          Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
            The major proof of this is that the timehopping SG-1 never returns in both cases (oddly, they all die except one- Daniel in Moebius, Tealc in Unending, and
            Spoiler:
            Mitchell in Continuum)
            In Unending Teal'c surfs time-that's-reversing in a bubble. In Moebius Daniel does die, but probably half a life-time after the rest of his SG-1 team are executed by Ra; and in Continuum
            Spoiler:
            we end up with two Mitchells and they possibly co-exisit in our world for a while, since the 1929 one possibly dies sometime after the current one is born.
            Last edited by scarimor; 03 July 2008, 02:08 PM.
            scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by Dev Corvin View Post
              No, because Merlin created the Sangraal to destroy fully ascended beings, which requires accessing a higher dimension; destroying Anubis wouldn't, which is why the Da'kara device would be sufficient.
              anubis is a half ascend which means he would be in that higher dimension. any weapon ba'al would modify to directly attack anubis in that higher dimension would also mean it is a direct attack on the ancients. not an indirect attack like with the orii. and i very much doubt even witht he ancients laws they would let ba'al get a weapon, and make it so it would directly attack only them. with the orii it was more indirect things going on. but this is going straight to the ancients. and we've seen what the ancients have done to those who tried to directly attack em

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
                To lose one film on the internet is unfortunate -
                To lose two films on the internet...

... pathetic mockworthies, lol
                Huh? You do realise that virtually every single movie released these days is available online as a dvdrip a few weeks before it's released don't you? This is something they pretty much have no control over.

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                I guess it's just my perspective. It was our team at the start who were killed and then went into the past to fix what was messed with.
                The team you see at the end and the team you see at the beginning can't be the same team, it's impossible. Either the team at the beginning is 'our' team and the team at the end aren't, or the team at the end are our team and the team at the beginning aren't, you can't have it both ways. And yes, it's the same as in Moebius.

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
                  In Unending Teal'c surfs time-that's-reversing in a bubble. In Moebius Daniel does die, but probably half a life-time after the rest of his SG-1 team are executed by Ra; and in Continuum
                  Spoiler:
                  we end up with two Mitchells and they possibly co-exisit in our world for a while, since the 1929 one possibly dies sometime after the current one is born.
                  you know what I mean. One survives in each.

Spoiler:

4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                  5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    To the "what happened to Anubis thing..."...
                    Ba'al had a time machine.... he could have very easily sent jaffa to where ever anubis was years before he ascended. He took what? 3 maybe 4 jaffa with him to earth? He brain washed way more than that and considering he didn't need them anymore he could of easily sent all of them to kill Anubis.
                    Um, there is no evidence that Baal went back in time further. Anubis ascended many thousand years before.

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                      Um, there is no evidence that Baal went back in time further. Anubis ascended many thousand years before.
                      Am I the only one following the rules and actually using spoiler tags?
                      Spoiler:
                      I'm not saying Ba'al went further back in time. I'm saying he sent his Jaffa (the rest of the ones he brainwashed apart from the 3 he took with him to earth). If he sent them between the time Anubis was exiled and the time he ascended it shouldn't hugely change the timeline at all, even if it was 1000s of years before.
                      Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                        Huh? You do realise that virtually every single movie released these days is available online as a dvdrip a few weeks before it's released don't you? This is something they pretty much have no control over.

The team you see at the end and the team you see at the beginning can't be the same team, it's impossible. Either the team at the beginning is 'our' team and the team at the end aren't, or the team at the end are our team and the team at the beginning aren't, you can't have it both ways. And yes, it's the same as in Moebius.
                        Spoiler:
                        I don't get that. At the start it is SG-1 our Sg-1 and our Universe. Ba'al manipulates the timeline and at that point our SG-1 goes back in time to fix it. At that point when they reverse time things revert back to normal. Jack never died etc...
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Spoiler:
                          I don't get that. At the start it is SG-1 our Sg-1 and our Universe. Ba'al manipulates the timeline and at that point our SG-1 goes back in time to fix it. At that point when they reverse time things revert back to normal. Jack never died etc...
                          Spoiler:
                          by changing the timeline our SG1 as we knew it wouldn't have existed. Carter would have become and astronaut and died in an accident, Daniel would still be in Egypt somewhere outcast from the archaeological society and Mitchell wouldn't have existed (as his grandfather was killed by Ba'al). It was only the fact that SG1 happened to be going through the wormhole at the time that prevented that from happening. That's why there were two Daniels and two Carters. Our SG1 ends up in a different timeline and they are killed except for Mitchell who goes back in time to another timeline to prevent Ba'al from messing it up. Ergo he lives his life out through the mid 20th century, and the Daniel, Mitchell and Carter we see alive at the end are born and (apparently) follow along the same life as our original ones did. The physical entities of SG1 we saw for the first 8 seasons died when they went back in time in Moebius. Another set of discrete physical entities were present for seasons 9 and 10, but now they have died in this movie. Any future movies will have a third discrete set of entities known as Daniel, Carter, Mitchell etc.

Comment

Spoiler:
                            No it's not. For all intents and purposes they're the same, but they're from an alternate timeline, they have to be.

Comment

Sorry gang, the topic of this thread is the leak of Continuum -- not the contents of the film itself. Since we've gone so far afield, I'm going to go ahead and close it. There are lots of other threads in this folder to discuss the movie itself.

If anyone wants to start a new thread specific to the leaking of the film, please feel free.
                              GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                              The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                              Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Working...
                              X