Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone In the UK Fancy Watching This On The Big Screen?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back at school...on a Thursday...in August?
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
      Back at school...on a Thursday...in August?
      That's normally what happens, school opens on the last wednesday of august for the new year 10s and new sixth formers. Everyone else goes back a day later.
      Does it have to be a monday or thursday? Why not tuesday or wednesday?
      Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Never happens here. It's always around 2nd week of September down Derbyshire. I'll just have to see when I e-mail the manager.
        sigpic

Comment

second week of september!!!!!!!!!!!!
          When do you normally break up? (we break up in the middle of july, 2 weeks from now)

Also I think it is worth noting the 25th is bank holiday... which means the cinema will either be closed (good for us i think) or open and heaving with people
          Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Well it'll be in the morning before cinema hours. About 11ish.
            sigpic

Comment

I'm interested! Need a confirmed date and time (book it off work!) so as soon as its known let us know!

I'm in leicester (city centre) so if lifts to derby are needed i might be sort it out.
              sigpic
              Spoiler:
              McKay: Crap!

Hermiod: What did you do?

McKay: I ran it through a translation programme, it's Wraith.

Hermiod: Crap indeed!
              -------------------------------------------------------------------
              O'Neall: Yasureyoubetya!

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
                Born and bred in Altrincham, now live in Northwich, bought myself a house for my 40th birthday, been here nearly five years, love the place.

FF
                OMG, talk about a small world! I'm from Sale & my Mum's been living in Weaverham for the last 10yrs!!

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                Well it'll be in the morning before cinema hours. About 11ish.
                I should be ok with that. Once you have all the details confirmed I'll see what I can do

sigpic

Comment

I'll let everyone know ASAP.
                  sigpic

Comment

166.32 and 29 speed cameras although it may be worth it lol
                    Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
                    McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

Comment

Just found out about this...being on benefits means that I will have to think about this very carefully although I have a friend over from Australia at the mo and if we chip in together might be able to get the petrol up there....this could be fun!....

Thanks for trying to arrange this...great idea!...

As to paying ever thought about doing it through Paypal?...I know not everyone has Paypal but just an idea...and they don't charge anymore for retrieving the money!...
                      sigpic

Comment

Well if it's anything like at my Odeon, you pay on the day so if you sent money via paypal, it'd just go to me for me to take out on the day. I think it's easier if we all just wait for the day and split it between us, or so such.
                        sigpic

Comment

How do, I'm new around these parts but I'd like to come. No I'm not a rapist; I live in derby and this is the first thread I feel I just had to get involved with.

Comment

Cool! Well keep track. I'm just waiting on my friend to send me her managers email then I'll get on with it.
                            sigpic

Comment

You probably already know this, but REALLY don't bother renting out a screen if the only source you have is DVD. DVD resolution is 720x480 (720x512 for PAL w/ non-square pixels), and if you blow that up to cinema screen size it's going to look like ass.

MAJOR ass.

It's only worth doing if you've got a 1080p projector and 1080p source to project, ie full BluRay x264 (not a recompressed DVD5/DVD9 release).

If the theatre only has an SD projector (480i/p rather than 1080p), then seriously... don't bother.

Comment

Give me a time and date and I'll be there.

I live in South London so I can give a lift to others in London if you want and can agree a meeting place.

I could also secure a PS3 and bring my BLu-Ray copy of the movie, I've got it on pre-order.
                                -I was, am, and will be, Aeon9570 (if I ever remember the password)-
                                -You want to mess with the Ancients? Please update your will...-
                                -S/J, you cannot stop it, it is not 'possible', it just is.-

Comment

Working...
                                X