Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone In the UK Fancy Watching This On The Big Screen?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jedi where in Leicester are you from?

Comment

Originally posted by Bray View Post
      Jedi where in Leicester are you from?
      Near Loughborough
      Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Sweet I live near Blaby, not too far away, pass Loughborough everyday on my way to work in Derby.

Comment

Cool

Comment

i wish i could come but i have no way of getting there
            never mind i will just have to make do with my tv lol
            sigpic

Comment

When are you thinking of doing this? I'm in Derby (Buxton to be precise) for most of August?

(Wow - first post for a few years...)

Comment

I didn't realise there were so many Stargate fans in the East Midlands

I think this is a great idea I live in Derbyshire and my brother lives in a town near Mansfield.

9am.... I have problems getting to school at that time (and it starts at 8:35), but for Stargate I shall do my best.
                On the up side this means that even if I can't get a lift, I can still get there by train (I had previously thought this would be a night job...). Is there a train station in Mansfield? If yes then I shall definitely be there, assuming it all goes ahead.
                I might even buy a GW t-shirt just for this occasion...
                If I remember correctly the Odeon is walking distance from the train and bus stations. if you live in Loughborough you could get a train to Nottingham and then change onto the Robin Hood Line (a train that runs hourly from Nottingham to Worksop) which will take you to Mansfield.

What date were you thinking of Elite Anubis Guard?
                Last edited by Sprinkles; 24 June 2008, 04:15 PM.
                AncientsTimeline

Comment

Well sometime after the film is released so I'm thinking towards the end of August. The manager I needed to ask wasn't in yesterday so all the information I managed to get was - If we did it before the cinema officially open it's cheaper, otherwise we'd have to pay more because we'd essentially be replacing another film. So that's why I'm thinking we do it in the morning. Still not idea as to the price but I'm hoping to god it'll be in the smaller thousands. My main manager is in today apparently so I'm gonna go bug him when I get in.

Yes there is a train station in Mansfield. It's spitting distance from the cinema.
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

*poke*
                    Anymore details?

Comment

Yes and they're not good. My manager pretty much told me the wrong information. We don't have a digital projector that can hook up to DVD or PS3s, what we've got is a ****ty little standard over head projector. I refuse to use that so I'm gonna see if Derby has a proper digital projector.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
                        Near Loughborough
                        really i went to Loughborough university for a school trip.

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                        Now before I get any further, I'm talking Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire area. I work at a cinema(Odeon Mansfield) and we've got a digital projector so it wouldn't be an issue to use the DVD to put this on the big screen...the problem would be renting the screen.

Now obviously I can't just put it on and charge people to watch it - copyright. But I was wondering if fans in the local area were interested in banding together to rent the screen out and watch it.

I'm not sure how much it would actually cost so I'm gonna ask my manager next time I'm in work - Tuesday. Is anyone interested in doing this?
                        i live in Batley which is near leeds i don't know if i'd be able to get there,because of school and the whole convincing my parents to skip school and go to Nottinghamshire/derbyshire thing.

But i would surtainly like to.
                        wish i could come
                        sigpic
                        Class of 2004-2009!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zonks View Post
                          really i went to Loughborough university for a school trip.

i live in Batley which is near leeds i don't know if i'd be able to get there,because of school and the whole convincing my parents to skip school and go to Nottinghamshire/derbyshire thing.

But i would surtainly like to.
                          wish i could come
                          Our school went there for sports day, might have been exciting to have sports day at one of the best sports unis in the country if I was actually interested in sport....

You have to go school in the summer holidays...ouch

Comment

Okay, got fantastic news. Odeon Derby has a full screen digital projector! And we're talking about maybe £200 to rent the screen out, possibly less when I get round to talking to the manager. I asked a friend of mine who's team leader over there and she helped me out.

I was thinking for the dates it would be either Monday 25th or Thursday 28th. This is manly due to it being dead days at cinemas so it wouldn't be a bother on the staff. And I was also thinking before the cinema actually opening so we're talking maybe 11am. 2nd reason for this is because if we want it later, it's gonna cost double whatever it would cost.

Now onto another point. I can't change anyone for tickets so this is gonna be donation based. Problem is how to do this. I'm thinking on the door donations or something. But I'm kinda worried about having to fill in the gaps with the money. Are those dates good for people?
                            Last edited by Elite Anubis Guard; 28 June 2008, 03:18 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

YAY!
                              Sounds great!
                              I should be able to make it... this is priority, all other things that may come up can wait.
                              I think the 24th is GCSE results day though... but I'm not doing GCSE anymore so...

I think on the day we should count how many people are there and then split the bill evenly, it's the fairest thing to do. Of course we should have a list of people who are coming so we have an indication of what we need to pay (i don't think everyone on the list will turn up, and a few not on the list may come along).

I'm definitely in (as long as at least 10 other people are going, I'm not sure I'd want to pay over £20... call me tight). I have 2 friends who sound quite interested and they should be coming too. I haven't asked by brother in law or another gater friend of mine but they should be interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                                Okay, got fantastic news. Odeon Derby has a full screen digital projector! And we're talking about maybe £200 to rent the screen out, possibly less when I get round to talking to the manager. I asked a friend of mine who's team leader over there and she helped me out.

I was thinking for the dates it would be either Monday 21st or Thursday 24th. This is manly due to it being dead days at cinemas so it wouldn't be a bother on the staff. And I was also thinking before the cinema actually opening so we're talking maybe 11am. 2nd reason for this is because if we want it later, it's gonna cost double whatever it would cost.

Now onto another point. I can't change anyone for tickets so this is gonna be donation based. Problem is how to do this. I'm thinking on the door donations or something. But I'm kinda worried about having to fill in the gaps with the money. Are those dates good for people?
                                I wouldn't be able to make a weekday I'm afraid (start a new job in mid July so I won't have any holiday accrued ). My best friend and her husband might make it though, they work in retail and get days off during the week.
                                But I'm sure you will make enough from donations to cover £200.

FF
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X