Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

they got to do more movies... theres a lot of things to tell and explain ... like 'the furlings' .... if continuum sell good as the AOT(and even more i hope! ) ... maybe it's not the end for the stargate sg1 franchise...
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spidey3121 View Post
      I def feel that the direct-to-DVD movies are the way to go for the franchise at this current time. Plus, despite "Continuum" being a stand-alone, based on the plot + characters there is no way anyone who has never seen Stargate before will simply understand what is going on. The whole trailer/marketing seems to be aimed at fans of the show (past + present) + other genre fans. AoT is doing well on DVD + i think that if Stargate can maintain success with the direct-to-DVD market than that is a very good thing.
      It's wrong way of thinking, IMO. When you go to the theatre to see the movie you usually know nothing about it's characters and story. And comparing the trailer to any other trailers for theatrical movies, I can't see any difference... semi-intelligent viewer will be OK.

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel-Kree View Post
        well ... lucky all of you guys.... cuz here in brazil... even the AOT we don't have yet...
        Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
        Good things come to those who wait .
        Too bad that doesn't apply to Continuum and AOT

Comment

Originally posted by Ladyinred View Post
          It's wrong way of thinking, IMO. When you go to the theatre to see the movie you usually know nothing about it's characters and story. And comparing the trailer to any other trailers for theatrical movies, I can't see any difference... semi-intelligent viewer will be OK.
          Yes, but most movies don't have 100+ hours of back story that the audience hasn't seen, they're self contained stories unlike Continuum. For Stargate standards it's stand alone of course, but not compared to the average movie.

Comment

Why doesn't Continuum go to theates?
            The answer is very simple: MGM gets thinks it'll get a bigger profit with DVD movies... It's all about the money...

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
              I think so but I might be wrong .

Yeah. He's making Farcry. He just made Postal. Then he's making Zombie Massacre (I think) and it's based off a Wii game. There is also a Alone in the Dark 2, House of the Dead 3, and Bloodrayne 3 coming out too.

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
              Why doesn't Continuum go to theates?
              The answer is very simple: MGM gets thinks it'll get a bigger profit with DVD movies... It's all about the money...
              It would make more money in theaters. All they need to do to sum it up is add a little more character plot for people who don't know who the main characters are and who Ba'al is.

Comment

MGM know more about it than any of us, and they disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                  MGM know more about it than any of us, and they disagree.
                  Exactly! I'm sure they studied which path, theater or direct-to-DVD, would be the most successful for them very carefully.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Ladyinred View Post
                    Precisely. AoT is too connected to the series to go theatrical. "Continuum" is standalone and it would be just perfect opportunity to reach for entirely new audience. But I think that Brad Wright is afraid that this way his "favourites" would loose, so he prefers to still aim in the fanbase avoiding new audience with completely fresh eye...
                    i think that given the oppurtunity to the demographic of science fiction audience, which they were, RCC and BW wouls have jumped at the chance.

However, I think that there was and is a real wait on theatrical release because it was uncertain as to how AoT sales were going to be.

Therefore if they were to have a bomb at the box office,(in which case they would have looked stupid. No?) as opposed to to a bomb in sales they could just stop producing compies of it.
                    sigpic
                    i know this is an overstatement and untrue to the show, but i still think its funny kinda

Comment

Originally posted by Athosian Death facilitator View Post
                      i think that given the oppurtunity to the demographic of science fiction audience, which they were, RCC and BW wouls have jumped at the chance.

However, I think that there was and is a real wait on theatrical release because it was uncertain as to how AoT sales were going to be.

Therefore if they were to have a bomb at the box office,(in which case they would have looked stupid. No?) as opposed to to a bomb in sales they could just stop producing compies of it.
                      But AOT was a success and has a profit now. It shows that if AOT went to theaters it might have made more even if it didn't have anything to summarize what happened in the show for the newcomers, it still would have made some money.

Comment

Originally posted by poland626 View Post
                        But AOT was a success and has a profit now. It shows that if AOT went to theaters it might have made more even if it didn't have anything to summarize what happened in the show for the newcomers, it still would have made some money.
                        No, it could well have lost money if it had gone to theatres.

Comment

Originally posted by redrama9 View Post
                          24 has a movie????
                          It'll be the longest movie ever.

Behave yourself, I've never heard of him either.
                          I think he was calling Uwe Boll an idiot, not the person who didn't know who he was.
                          All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

No, it could well have lost money if it had gone to theatres.
                            How so? I'm not arguing with you. I'm just curious.

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                            It'll be the longest movie ever.
                            That's already taken by "The Cure for Insomnia". http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0284020/

I think he was calling Uwe Boll an idiot, not the person who didn't know who he was.
                            Yeah. Only Uwe Boll. Not you.

Comment

Originally posted by poland626 View Post
                              How so? I'm not arguing with you. I'm just curious.
                              Well putting a movie on the big screen isn't cheap, they would have had to invest a lot of money getting it there and there's no guarantee that they'd have even broken even, it's a pretty big risk.

Comment

Well putting a movie on the big screen isn't cheap, they would have had to invest a lot of money getting it there and there's no guarantee that they'd have even broken even, it's a pretty big risk.
                                Well, for AOT it might have been, I can understand that, but not Continuum. That one should be in the theaters without a worry or doubt. It's not connected to the series at all. Just add a little summary or character dialogue to connect some pieces from the original movie. Won't be too hard. The people don't need to know all that Ancient stuff if it isn't in the movie

Comment

Working...
                                X