This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
    Well it looks more like Aphophis's mother ship it doesn't have that big super weapon look that Anubis's had. Ba'al's ships will have another advantage which is we don't have any ships to fight back with in this timeline so his ships will have a massive advantage over us.
    No, it is an exact replica of Anubis' ship.

Ba'al still needs to deal with the system lords, just like Anubis did. How did Anubis do this? He upgraded all his ha'tak so the system lords ones were inferior and therefore weren't a challenge. Ba'als fleet may look big but really we have no clue what the full force of the system lords fleet would look like, it could be bigger than ba'als, so having upgraded ha'tak would give him a huge advantage over them.

Comment

lord yu seemed to deal with anubis hataks fairly since in that episode where the hataks took out a asgard ship they had to send the hataks to help out

other than that maybe yu had a huge fleet
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mefusta View Post
        Which, counting his upgraded Ha'taks and Kull Warriors, is easily the equivalent of Ba'al's fleet seen in the trailer.

Long story short, Earth is boned.
        But from the trailer is it not clear that Baal dose have the upgraded Hataks?

I mean Baal has the knowledge which he learnt from Anubis in our timeline. From the trailer it is shown Baal has...

Spoiler:
        An Anubis style Super Hatak Mothership, which was a Hatak invented by Anubis! It would also imply that Baal has the Eye of Ra, adding to his firepower! Finally Baal has the knowledge from our timeline as to where all the ancient goodies are and asgard beaming tech!
        sigpic
        Banner Made By Me for Me
        The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Its possible that Anubis can be fooled.

By knowing everything about Anubis that he does, it may be possible for him to subjugate even a semi-ascended.

He could even bluff by saying he found the Sangraal that Merlin built and threatening to use it on him.

Comment

I think his 'Fleet' is too big. A fleet that large could obliterate Earth easily. A smaller fleet would have been much more sufficient. To think that Earth stands the smallest of chances against two Ha'tak is one thing, but to think they stand a chance against a fleet. They don't.

I can only conclude that they are going to receive outside help, either by another species, or by one of the System Lords opposing Ba'al.
            sigpic
            It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
              No, it is an exact replica of Anubis' ship.
              You're right it is.

Ba'al still needs to deal with the system lords, just like Anubis did. How did Anubis do this? He upgraded all his ha'tak so the system lords ones were inferior and therefore weren't a challenge. Ba'als fleet may look big but really we have no clue what the full force of the system lords fleet would look like, it could be bigger than ba'als, so having upgraded ha'tak would give him a huge advantage over them.
              Very good point.
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Tycoon View Post
                I think his 'Fleet' is too big. A fleet that large could obliterate Earth easily. A smaller fleet would have been much more sufficient. To think that Earth stands the smallest of chances against two Ha'tak is one thing, but to think they stand a chance against a fleet. They don't.

I can only conclude that they are going to receive outside help, either by another species, or by one of the System Lords opposing Ba'al.
                That's the whole point. In the "altered Earth" they don't stand a chance. Even in the real timeline we wouldn't but that's the whole point.

Comment

The bigger the better in my opinion, i bet most fans like myself have wanted to see earth defend its self from at least one of the system lords. i just hope this film is longer than the AoT(dont get me wrong i loved the AoT but it was a bit on the short side).
                  sigpic
                  First time using GIMP2 can't say its not a bad job
                  MGM, Sci-Fi Channel and the Creators are

I'll only watch SGU coz theres nowt to do on tuesday nites.

Comment

It's 99 minutes long.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmylad89 View Post
                      The bigger the better in my opinion, i bet most fans like myself have wanted to see earth defend its self from at least one of the system lords. i just hope this film is longer than the AoT(dont get me wrong i loved the AoT but it was a bit on the short side).
                      I thought it was just fine length wise but don't count on this one being much longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogo01 View Post
                        Anyone else think the mass of ships in the trailer is over doing it? In the trailer it shows hundreds of mother ships.. i mean Anubis only had a handful when he decided to attack Earth.
                        At first I agreed with you, but since I don't know the specifics about the attack and the circumstances surrounding it, I'll reserve judgment. But it does look awesome, doesn't it??
                        sigpic

Jaffa Kree!

Comment

Working...
                        X