X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

prime

Comment

Ah, well. The ice one might end up being the soundtrack cover instead.
      This time... it's war!

Comment

Thank God.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Will we be getting a wallpaper version of the Earth cover ?

Comment

Originally posted by TraK View Post
            Well, it has just been confirmed on Gateworld that the first cover (the one with the earth) will be the one on the cover:
            http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/0...art_will.shtml

I am pleased with this result
            I like both though this one is better.
            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
              I like both though this one is better.
              sigpic
              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by TraK View Post
                Well, it has just been confirmed on Gateworld that the first cover (the one with the earth) will be the one on the cover:
                http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/0...art_will.shtml

I am pleased with this result
                So am I.
                sigpic

Comment

So it's still undecided apparently? I love them both (now that is a shock considering the recent cover art track record..... ), but I prefer the gate over planet. But that tag-line is pretty dumb and they should drop it.

Comment

The new one is terrible... way too fan-art looking and plain. The space one really stood out and made me think, "Damn, I wanna buy this!"
                    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

If I knew nothing of Stargate other than it was a scifi show and I wanted to check out the movie I would certainly go for the space gate cover. Why?

Because the frozen gate puts more emphasis on the stargate as a device being in a wierd position. Basing the movie on the cover I would assume this was the story. That the stargate as a device was somewhere where it shouldn't be. I would be hesitant to pick up the dvd because I knew nothing of the backstory.

However with the space gate cover, the emphasis is not on the stargate itself but on something familiar to everyone of us, Earth. The gate instead just suggests that this is a scifi story with the gate as a plot device. By showing us the Earth from space, something everybody is familiar with, it appeals to a wider audience than just the Stargate being frozen.

Which subconsciously tells me that I don't need to know the complete backstory of Stargate. I probably didn't make any sense in writting this down, it makes perfect sense in my head. I just can't seem to put it into words. lol

Needless to say, the space gate cover is made for people who haven't yet become fans of Stargate. While the frozen gate is a ploy directly for fans of Stargate to buy the DVD.

Ace
                      "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

omfg, just stop being noob already and pick the space gate one. It's obviously by far the cooler looking of the two.

Comment

I'd personally be fine with either cover.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                            omfg, just stop being noob already and pick the space gate one. It's obviously by far the cooler looking of the two.
                            I think they did it - Amazon.com is showing this one - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=bonhoeffscell

Comment

I don't care for one or the other as long RDA is on it...

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                If I knew nothing of Stargate other than it was a scifi show and I wanted to check out the movie I would certainly go for the space gate cover. Why?

Because the frozen gate puts more emphasis on the stargate as a device being in a wierd position. Basing the movie on the cover I would assume this was the story. That the stargate as a device was somewhere where it shouldn't be. I would be hesitant to pick up the dvd because I knew nothing of the backstory.

However with the space gate cover, the emphasis is not on the stargate itself but on something familiar to everyone of us, Earth. The gate instead just suggests that this is a scifi story with the gate as a plot device. By showing us the Earth from space, something everybody is familiar with, it appeals to a wider audience than just the Stargate being frozen.

Which subconsciously tells me that I don't need to know the complete backstory of Stargate. I probably didn't make any sense in writting this down, it makes perfect sense in my head. I just can't seem to put it into words. lol

Needless to say, the space gate cover is made for people who haven't yet become fans of Stargate. While the frozen gate is a ploy directly for fans of Stargate to buy the DVD.

Ace
                                I like your reasoning- absolutely agree with it. Plus, as neat as the ice gate is, the gate over the earth just looks cooler, more professional, etc. And I like the whole nebula bit above it.

So long as they drop the crummy tag line- which IS something that might put off a potential new viewer picking up the DVD.

Comment

Working...
                                X