A Sam-centric movie? Ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
    I kinda want a real space ship movie. Its been rare to have a full ship based story in the franchise. omg lazers pewpew

I think the writing staff can pull off a Trekkish story while keeping it true to the 'gate.

Something like The Hammonds on a mission testing its new X and runs into Y and drama ensues.

Carter has a history in SGA too, her story could take place in either Galaxy, shes prolly the most versitile character int he franchise.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
      if amanda didn't have 'sanctuary', i'd love to have seen a ship/space series with sam commanding the general hammond. i've always loved space shows (the treks, etc), and, well, there.

i wonder who could have been her crew? characters we already know, or new ones?

See, that would be awesome a ship/space series would be awesome(isn't SG:U going to be like that, anyway)

How about taking Sam in charge of the General Hammond, while searching for abnormals call it Stargate: Sanctuary.
      R.I.P. you will be missed

My Top Five Favorite Quotes/Quips(right now)
      Spoiler:
      "Well, it's like my grandma used to say, if at first you don't succeed..."
      "Try a larger thermonuclear reaction?"
      "Her words exactly."

"We are beacons on the road to enlightenment."
      "No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you."
      "Nice work on the metaphor."
      "Thank you."

"Will you excuse me? We just don't get out of Cheyenne Mountain enough. I'm gonna grab some air... outside. General, Captain, General... waiter."

"General."
      "Colonel. We've all met."
      "Yes, actually we know each other's life stories."
      "That snippiness?"
      "Is that a word?"

"If we want to find out who's behind this, we have to do what the Asgard do."
      "You mean bluff?"
      "Yep. We just need to do it without revealing what we know."
      "Which is nothing."
      "Right. But they don't know we know nothing."

Comment

Originally posted by sramir2 View Post
        See, that would be awesome a ship/space series would be awesome(isn't SG:U going to be like that, anyway)

How about taking Sam in charge of the General Hammond, while searching for abnormals call it Stargate: Sanctuary.

that would actually be the best of both worlds for me.

*ponders*

you know, i REALLY like this idea!
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

that would actually be the best of both worlds for me.

*ponders*

you know, i REALLY like this idea!
          Thank you, thank you

Spoiler:
          "Her words exactly."

"No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you."
          "Thank you."

"Will you excuse me? We just don't get out of Cheyenne Mountain enough. I'm gonna grab some air... outside. General, Captain, General... waiter."

"General."
          "That snippiness?"
          "Is that a word?"

"You mean bluff?"
          "Which is nothing."

Comment

Sam on the Hammond in a trekky spaceship movie BUT they hafta steal a gate from a planet, and use it to run a simultaneous mission in a A/B plot.

That way u combine badass space battles/adventures with classic stargate sg-team action.

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
              Sam on the Hammond in a trekky spaceship movie BUT they hafta steal a gate from a planet, and use it to run a simultaneous mission in a A/B plot.

That way u combine badass space battles/adventures with classic stargate sg-team action.
              That sounds like a solid if not great movie brainstorm

Spoiler:
              "Her words exactly."

"Thank you."

"General."
              "That snippiness?"
              "Is that a word?"

"You mean bluff?"
              "Which is nothing."

Comment

Originally posted by sramir2 View Post
                That sounds like a solid if not great movie brainstorm
                It's all in the details.

Which is some of what concerns me. Though even concern is such a strong word at this point.

suse
                sigpic
                Mourning Sanctuary.
                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Id love another interaction with the grace aliens, or just a similar thing happens to sam again, Grace was a fantastic episode, one of my favourite, and Amanda Tapping is more then capable of keeping the viewers attention for the full lenght of a film.
                  I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
                    Id love another interaction with the grace aliens, or just a similar thing happens to sam again, Grace was a fantastic episode, one of my favourite, and Amanda Tapping is more then capable of keeping the viewers attention for the full lenght of a film.
                    uh, i agree , but i'm an unabashed sam/amanda fan!

since the series never explained those aliens, there's ripe possibilities for doing something with them.
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X