No announcement yet.

SGA movie straight to DVD or TV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It wouldn't really matter to me if I saw it on TV first. I'd buy it if I didn't know the story or anything. I am a stargate fan and always will be.
    "Right now, you do not strike me as someone who could intimidate a 10-year-old out of his lunch money, much less run an interstellar empire."

Comment

From the first two movies it might appear on DVD first, but showing it on Sci-fi would get a lot of viewers back even if it is for a short time.

Comment

Originally posted by Orifan777 View Post
        Wow scifi are a bunch of asses, why tv first? They want to take some of the profit of mgm as well? wtf..

They like want to cut the money mgm makes, by showing it in tv.
        Of course scifi wants the profit. They're helping to pay for it.

SciFi didn't pony up any money for the other two movies upfront, but bought the rights to air later. Maybe they didn't want to make that mistake again, or maybe MGM wanted the additional cash in the beginning, it's less of a risk for them that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Orifan777 View Post
          Wow scifi are a bunch of asses, why tv first? They want to take some of the profit of mgm as well? wtf..

They like want to cut the money mgm makes, by showing it in tv.
          It's not like MGM had to sell the rights to Sci-Fi...
          Benford's Corollary to Clarke's Law:
          "Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced."

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
            Of course scifi wants the profit. They're helping to pay for it.

SciFi didn't pony up any money for the other two movies upfront, but bought the rights to air later. Maybe they didn't want to make that mistake again, or maybe MGM wanted the additional cash in the beginning, it's less of a risk for them that way.
            Great Point it's a win win for them and MGM I think they have worked throught their issues because I read MGM,Bridge were not happy about what went down with SG-1 with Skiffy I think that has been mended and they are on the same page.
            sigpic
            My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
            poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I'm not paying 25 bucks for a season finale packaged as a DVD movie anymore.
              It's not a season finale. It's a season pilot. Well, it would be if there were a sixth season...

Comment

Working...
              X