How should the Atlantis Movie open? spoilers for any SGA eps possible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
    The city ship of Atlantis really didn't do much for Pegasus while the team was there. There was a galaxy in need of saving for the 2 seasons they've had Asgard plasma beams, but nothing was done about the Wraith 'problem'. Saving the humans in Pegasus was never the primary focus of SGA. In the first season, it was saving Atlantis. It was saving Earth from the Asurans in S3-4. It was saving Teyla and the Athosians in S4-5... They could have been blasting hives out of the skies and outposts off planets but that hasn't happened. The retrovirus has failed, and that was the biggest 'anti-Wraith' move made so far. We don't need Atlantis in Pegasus to go around doing humanitarian relief or blasting the Wraith to smitherines. That's what 304s are for.

Earth was Atlantis' home before it left for Pegasus. It was always meant to get back there, IMO, and it has. If there's a very good reason for them to return to Pegasus, then I'll go with the story. Otherwise, I don't want it moved. Give me 10 minutes of a dang good reason, a few minutes of the city flying and start the action... if we MUST take the city back to Pegasus.

I've seen no one acknowledge this.
    You've made prudent limitations. I agree. Now that Atlantis is home the mission is over....

I don't think the last episode of the series should have been returning to Earth with the Entire city. Perhaps it should have been the assigning Atlantis the Power and Weapons it's needed...

Bringing the City to full Power should have been a large enough ending in a crisis. Infact giving the city full power and the ability to contruct ships, puddle jumpers and drones would have allowed the City to be the begining of a lasting human presence of superiority in the Pegasus Galaxy.

Comment

With a fed upon corpse falling at Todd's feet.

That will make a few fangirls happy.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post

That it would...

Go Todd!
        If found, is probably lost on the way to Azaroth or the Pegasus Galaxy
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Draygon View Post
          That it would...

Go Todd!
          Definitely! And the movie should end with Todd being still alive!

Comment

Yeah Todd is back .... seriously can anyone tell me if he can feed like a Wraith or not.

If he can't then he could remain in Atlantis, but if he can ????

MCH
            sigpic
            Thanks to DS for my siggy

Comment

Originally posted by MCH View Post
              Yeah Todd is back .... seriously can anyone tell me if he can feed like a Wraith or not.

If he can't then he could remain in Atlantis, but if he can ????

MCH
              I think he can. I feel certain he said the whole sorry business had been reversed when he went after the Iratus bug.

Todd has to be alive... *whimpers*
              sigpic

Comment

MCH, Joe has said he's back to normal. Normally there was going to be a scene in EatG where Keller checks him. We were to see his new/old hand in it, but it got cut for time. Perhaps DVDs...

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

It should open in the Pegasus galaxy.

The Travelers (Larrin!!!) come to Atlantis to seek help with something... but Atlantis is gone ("Enemy At The Gate")
                  After Larrin says "Oh Crap..."... we then cut to the events back on Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by wraith queen inga View Post
                    It should open in the Pegasus galaxy.

The Travelers (Larrin!!!) come to Atlantis to seek help with something... but Atlantis is gone ("Enemy At The Gate")
                    After Larrin says "Oh Crap..."... we then cut to the events back on Earth.
                    I like this idea, this can give a reason for Atlantis to return, although I have no idea how Atlantis would know that something was wrong but i'm sure the writers can figure something out.

Just a though, if Atlantis is still on earth does that mean that all gate travel will be going to Atlantis instead of the SGC, that's going to be a shock when a team returns.

Although they could have used the trick they did for midway to fix this problem.

Comment

It would be interesting if they find a way to use the Atlantis and SGC gates seperately while both are still on Earth.

Comment

The only thing I want to see in the first five minutes is them mentioning something about McKay and Keller's upcoming wedding. I'd love to see them do the ceremony in the movie.

Maybe we could also see Ronon stopping at a barber shop in San Francisco. I'd love to see what they'd say when he walked through the door.
                        It's a dangerous business going out your front door.
                        --J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

Originally posted by Opener View Post
                          The only thing I want to see in the first five minutes is them mentioning something about McKay and Keller's upcoming wedding. I'd love to see them do the ceremony in the movie.

Maybe we could also see Ronon stopping at a barber shop in San Francisco. I'd love to see what they'd say when he walked through the door.
                          Doesn't that seemed a little rushed? I mean they already rushed the ship in S5 making the ship canon now you want them to rushed the actual relationship into marriage.
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

How about the atlantis movie starts with a bang. As in a pull out from a stargate on a planet in pegasus out through the atmosphere and in towards the star. Then the sun starts shooting out odd flares then explodes in a huge slow motion flash from the equator. Pull out from the explosion and we see another star explode, and another. Then we get a full view of pegasus and we see star after star exploding across a quarter of the galaxy. And cut to Atlantis floating in Sanfrancisco bay.

You always gotta start with a big HOLY @#$% moment the lets you know something cosmic is going down.

Comment

so at the end of his blog JM mentioned that he will be talking about the SGA movie in tomorrows blog.hopefully its something new and that will please people.
                              Alas, it’s late and I’m barely coherent, so tune in to tomorrow when I’ll weigh in on the two Stargate Universe rough cuts we watched today (Air I and II, and Fire), give you the what’s what on the Atlantis movie, and maybe even offer up a new episode title.

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                                How about the atlantis movie starts with a bang. As in a pull out from a stargate on a planet in pegasus out through the atmosphere and in towards the star. Then the sun starts shooting out odd flares then explodes in a huge slow motion flash from the equator. Pull out from the explosion and we see another star explode, and another. Then we get a full view of pegasus and we see star after star exploding across a quarter of the galaxy. And cut to Atlantis floating in Sanfrancisco bay.

You always gotta start with a big HOLY @#$% moment the lets you know something cosmic is going down.
                                Then Pegasus will get destroyed in the end... and there is no SGA without Pegasus. X_X

Comment

Working...
                                X