X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sigpic

Jaffa Kree!

Comment

I wouldn't mind if they killed people off, as long as it was done well.

..but not Jack.
      sigpic
      http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
      http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ShardsofGlass View Post
        He was being facetious, imo, saying tha the movie would move forward in time until the end of it.
        Yeah, I was worried for a moment until I really thought about that answer.

I don't think that TPTB are stupid enough to kill off Jack O'Neill. If that happens you can bet that the entire franchise will die with him.
        As dramatic as that sounds, I think its closer to the truth than probably anyone wants to admit.

Either way, I hope this movie is not about alternate realities, time travel, etc.
        God, from your mouth to TPTB's ears. I've really lost interest in those kind of stories regardless of how well they're told.
        sigpic
        Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Goauld System Lord View Post
          Joe confirmed that the current SG-1 team is made up of Cam, Daniel, Teal'c and Vala
          sigpic
          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Commander View Post
            I don't think that TPTB are stupid enough to kill off Jack O'Neill. If that happens you can bet that the entire franchise will die with him.
            I think not.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
              I think not.
              Everyone has a right to their opinion

I happen to agree that the franchise would suffer if TPTB decided to kill off Jack.
              sigpic

Comment

My first reaction to him answering the question was oh no, not a Kirk death, please. But I do find it hard to believe BW would kill off one of the most popular characters of the franchise.

I'm still holding out hope that Jack's story includes some Ancient stuff. IMHO, some of RDA's best performances were when he had the Ancient depositories downloaded into his brain (The Fifth Race, Lost City). There's a great deal of unanswered questions regarding how an airforce general in the late 20th/early 21st century happens to have the Ancient gene when that race was wiped out aeons ago. I've always wondered if the fact that a version of him ended up back in Ancient Egypt (Moebius) had anything to do with it. If that version of Jack didn't become a monk, one would assume he'd passed the genetics on.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalred93 View Post
                  My first reaction to him answering the question was oh no, not a Kirk death, please. But I do find it hard to believe BW would kill off one of the most popular characters of the franchise.

I'm still holding out hope that Jack's story includes some Ancient stuff. IMHO, some of RDA's best performances were when he had the Ancient depositories downloaded into his brain (The Fifth Race, Lost City). There's a great deal of unanswered questions regarding how an airforce general in the late 20th/early 21st century happens to have the Ancient gene when that race was wiped out aeons ago. I've always wondered if the fact that a version of him ended up back in Ancient Egypt (Moebius) had anything to do with it. If that version of Jack didn't become a monk, one would assume he'd passed the genetics on.
                  I agree with you totally. I'd love to see the story revolve around some ancient tech of some kind. The episodes where RDA had to deal with it were some of the best episodes. The Fifth Race, Lost City, there were just excellent overall episodes.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post

I happen to agree that the franchise would suffer if TPTB decided to kill off Jack.
                    How?

Comment

why? The current franchise is SGA, later SGU with movies. It's not about Jack
                      Stolen Kosovo
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                        I couldn't disagree more. Look at the new Star Trek film that's coming out -- it's about Kirk (albeit a younger version). Four series later and yet they go back to Kirk.

What makes the SG franchise great is that there's something for everyone - be it Jack, Daniel, Atlantis, whatever. It just so happens that there's a healthy portion of us that will always sense Jack's shadow in the background... just as Kirk will always be there, hovering like a ghost, in the realm of Star Trek.

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                          Have you looked at the sales figures for AoT and Continuum? On Amazon alone the sales put Continuum at #6 and AoT at #46, or was it #48?

Not everyone has to agree. It's just my opinion.
                          sigpic

Comment

If having him hovering round like a ghost is sufficient then killing him off shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

Have you looked at the sales figures for AoT and Continuum? On Amazon alone the sales put Continuum at #6 and AoT at #46, or was it #48?Not everyone has to agree. It's just my opinion.
                              And AoT is how much older then Continiuum
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                And AoT is how much older then Continiuum
                                That ranking is for all 2008! So if Continuum beat AoT even though it was released months later what can you infer from that?

Comment

Working...
                                X