Save Vala Mal Doran in the SG-1 movies!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
    LMFHO! Look what happened to Weir or to SG-1/SGA cancelation: TPTB (and I suspect the regular viewer/buyer) simply don't care about what the fans think! When they seem they do care it's just lip-service; so imho it's pointless to think this thread or others like it (Pro Weir/ bring back SG-1/SGA) can change TPTB's mind...
    As I first said on this thread, I don't believe too that the Saving threads have any chance but it's not going to stop me localizing my disappointment and giving my support to my beloved character. I'm a realistic woman and I know well how things work out in show business but I simply don't care if they don't care about what I say and what I do. Showing my frustation is really about me, not them.

Having said that I have to remind you that Farscape example. The online support is not always useless. the online fans are important in these days. the time of fans that moving on after watching tv shows maybe live their last times. Look at the big shows like Lost, Heroes etc. They understood the importance of online fan or they might be insane to invest so much in online communities. They can't ignore us completely.
    sigpic
    Banner made by Stef

Save the sexy female alien, save the SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by gioia View Post
      As I first said on this thread, I don't believe too that the Saving threads have any chance but it's not going to stop me localizing my disappointment and giving my support to my beloved character. I'm a realistic woman and I know well how things work out in show business but I simply don't care if they don't care about what I say and what I do. Showing my frustation is really about me, not them.

Having said that I have to remind you that Farscape example. The online support is not always useless. the online fans are important in these days. the time of fans that moving on after watching tv shows maybe live their last times. Look at the big shows like Lost, Heroes etc. They understood the importance of online fan or they might be insane to invest so much in online communities. They can't ignore us completely.
      They can and they will SG PTB are different; imho they feel they're special and that they can do nothing wrong, and a tad arrogant also... And you have to remember they're first business-men and then writers; imho the next movie will be a success (even without any main character (be it Vala, Cam ,Jack or whoever)) because DVD movies are a cheap source of entertainment...

Comment

They can and they will SG PTB are different; imho they feel they're special and that they can do nothing wrong, and a tad arrogant also... And you have to remember they're first business-men and then writers; imho the next movie will be a success (even without any main character (be it Vala, Cam ,Jack or whoever)) because DVD movies are a cheap source of entertainment...
        OK. Whilst I'm upset that Vala won't be in the movie- I don't believe the Stargate PTB are arrogant. I do believe they are highly aware that their "business" wouldn't function without their fans. So, even if they are business-men before writers (which I'm not sure is the case), they would realise their business needs their fans for it to remain afloat. As writes they would care about their work, and I'm pretty sure they're passionate about it. I don't think they'd be making these movies if they didn't care- it's not just a cheap source of entertainment... or whatever you want to call it.

Also the DVD movie idea would not come from the writers, anyway.
        sigpic
        Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Yes, we are not so important to them but I don't believe they don't care online communities at all like you say. Else what's the reason of JM's blog and Q/A sessions, what's reasons of Gateworld's special interviews etc.

Anyway we're getting off topic, I guess, so I shall stop now.
          sigpic
          Banner made by Stef

Save the sexy female alien, save the SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Runciter View Post
            As a webmaster of Claudia Black site I will support all her characters on Stargate SG-1 until the end of time and I love Vala and Quetesh. But we have to know what is going on here and who made that decision first. I'm working on it to see the light.
            thanks for looking into this. I really hope that the reason is Claudia is busy, but just the way BW commented, I doubt it.
            No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

They are slowly but surely throttling the life out of a great show that once was.
              sig made by me

Comment

Noooo!!!!

Comment

Has there ever been any character the writers have taken off the show that people agreed with? Every single time they do this fans get terribly upset.

Lt. Aiden Ford - Huge online petitions surfaced and people almost rioted.
                  Dr. Carson Becket - Huge online petitions surfaced and people almost rioted.
                  Dr. Elizabeth Weir - Huge online petitions surfaced and people almost rioted.

At least this is what happened at Gateworld so I'm sure the sentiment was shared across the different online communities.

I just don't get why the writers continue to do these things when the result is always the same. People are upset and they lose viewers over it. There is never a good reason for it, either. Despite the poor direction and the fact they never flushed out Ford's character in season 1, fans still loved him. Carson Becket was an absolute fan favorite, who I believe fell victim to the fact that the writers wanted to emulate BSG in the belief that killing somebody off arbitrarily will make people like the show more. I still can't think of a reason why they got rid of Weir, either. They've done nothing but try to replace Weir with leaders who people liked less in that lead role. Carter is a great SG character, but people didn't like her nearly as much in the Atlantis leader role as Weir and Woolsey still can't compare to the popularity of Weir.

You would think the writers would be in touch with their fanbase, but it really appears as if they aren't. They've never removed a regular character without a huge backlash and loss of viewership, so you have to wonder why they continue to do it.

Comment

Perhaps they see it as weeding out the fickle fans? Course that's ********, as you mainly get fans left who hated those characters, and are overly negative about the show, despite watching it.
                    Stargate has one weird fanbase!

Comment

BW said she won't be in the third SG-1 movie. But! A solution could be that Vala should be in the first Atlantis movie! That would be awesome, because I always wanted to see Vala/Teyla or Vala/Ronon scenes. But if I imagine what could happen at a Vala/McKay scene after Pegasus Project, than I began to smile.

The best scenario would be that she became the member of Destiny's crew in SG:U... So she can't be in any DVD films... But I feel it won't happen.
                      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                        BW said she won't be in the third SG-1 movie. But! A solution could be that Vala should be in the first Atlantis movie! That would be awesome, because I always wanted to see Vala/Teyla or Vala/Ronon scenes. But if I imagine what could happen at a Vala/McKay scene after Pegasus Project, than I began to smile.
                        Great solution, genius :-\
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sblade View Post
                          Great solution, genius :-\
                          This would be better than nothing. Maybe she will be the main star in SG:U. :finger crossed:
                          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post

The best scenario would be that she became the member of Destiny's crew in SG:U... So she can't be in any DVD films... But I feel it won't happen.
                            You can't solve one problem by creating another. Vala doesn't fit anywhere in the Atlantis story. She has no place. Just because she is rumored to be missing from the SG1 movie doesn't mean you should crowbar her into the SGA movie. There's no reason for it. What would she possibly do in the SGA universe that would contribute to the story?

Comment

I hope Joe Mallozzi can clarify this a bit in his blog one of these days - he should be in the loop about what's going on, right? Maybe if he has enough people asking about it in the comments. Though.....knowing him he might just skip over it in favour of questions about Vancouver chocolatiers.

Comment

Originally posted by jrd231 View Post
                                You can't solve one problem by creating another. Vala doesn't fit anywhere in the Atlantis story. She has no place. Just because she is rumored to be missing from the SG1 movie doesn't mean you should crowbar her into the SGA movie. There's no reason for it. What would she possibly do in the SGA universe that would contribute to the story?
                                Replace Teyla... Hmmm
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X