This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
    Since I still want to see the characters of SG1 and SGA and the decision was made to cancel both shows, I will most certainly be wanting to watch the movies. It's better than not having anything at all!
    Yeah, it is much better than not having anything at all. I am beyond grateful that we have gotten the two SG-1 movies that we have. And to know that a third SG-1 movie, and a first Atlantis movie are soon to follow, is amazing.

I will do anything I can to support this franchise that I have enjoyed for so many years. I plan on embracing SGU, and giving it a fair shot. That, and hoping that more SG-1 and Atlantis movies will be made.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by captain simms View Post
      no you cant boycott universe because as much as i hate to say it atlantis wont come back and universe will probably be a good series and they will cancel that and then no more stargate
      So ? Is it a problem ?

Comment

its as simple as this
        money
        mgm wants money thats all
        they are a company
        delivering a quality product is secondary to them
        if they dont see the money they dont produce the show or movie
        thats it
        plain and simple
        so
        boycotting something you claim to enjoy will only help to end it before its time

its like trying to win the lottery without buying a ticket
        Avidffanimation YouTube | AvidffanFiction Youtube | AvidffanAlpha Youtube
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by amarhys View Post
          So ? Is it a problem ?
          I'd say it would be a problem if there was no more Stargate.
          Of course we can always watch our DVDs or the re-runs but missing out on new well made material because a bunch of annoyed fans decided not to watch Universe or the Movies would be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by amarhys View Post
            The good answer to your question is to boycott SGU.
            They have to understand that they have to respect the fans.
            Shhhh.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Allow me to elaborate...

it's a dumb business move to only acknowledge the hardcore online fans. I am one myself, but understand that the "fanbase" is MUCH larger than the online segment. Most of the fans are the casual people who flip channels and go "Oh, it's Friday night, I think that Stargate show is on!".

They did what they had to do. Sucks for some of us, but whatever, life goes on, the franchise still lives.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Yeah, boycott universe to send them a message to NOT substitute crap for something that's a proven success! And if you DO watch it even if you're just giving it a chance, DON'T because it will encourage them to put more filth on the air!

Unless they made 4 movies a year (2 Atlantis and 2 SG-1) I would never feel satisfied with movies only. And they would have to release them in a DECENT AMOUNT OF TIME! None of this 1+ years crap to be released.

And yes, they COULD make 4 movies a year, it's equivalent to 8 episodes and keep in mind for 3 years they made 40 episodes per year so it's more than possible.

Vala,

Comment

I have to say this and I am not sorry if what I say is too brash or blunt. But I am sick of people whining about (Boycott SGU!, Save SG1, Save SGA!). Shows being canceled have been going on before TV was popular (They canceled Radio Shows) for reasons that they either did explain or didn't explain.

SG1 had one hell of a run over it's 10 years. Instead of crying we should be saying THANK YOU (I know a lot of people have, but there are still whiners). With SGA going in the same direction, what is going on? You have 2 groups. Save SGA and BOYCOTT SGU! First and foremost, when rumors started running around about a 3rd Stargate show people were all cranked up and thrilled. I know I was, but the moment I heard that SGU was going to be pitched an expensive series, I knew SGA wasn't going to be around for much longer.

This is typical for the tv industry. Not many Sci-fi shows last 5 seasons. We should be happy that we have had 15 years (all together) of Stargate so far. It could have ended when Showtime canceled it 7 years ago.

And one more thing. Boycotting SGU isn't going to do anything. At the most you would be "cutting your nose off to spite your face". It is a pointless and frivolous act at best. I know TPTB read these forums and they have address the concerns of "Voyager 90210" and other concerns that have popped up.

Personally, I welcome SGU with open arms. And it isn't because I will not miss SG1 and SGA. I will miss them I think there is a lot more territory to be covered in that show. Like finding the ZPM construction devices or making drones or ring transporters. SGU is just a extension of the Stargate Universe and any true and real fan would accept that and move on.

I remember when people yelled about TNG going away after a 7 year run, Voyager came out and I personally feel is was one of the best Trek shows out there because it explored unknown territory of both space and the human condition. And I feel that SGU will do that as well. (I am not calling SGU a clone of Voyager. so don't even bother bringing that up).

Just give SGU a chance and stop this frivolous boycotting crap. It isn't going to work. You have more people in favor of SGU then you do against it. Not to mention the hundreds of thousands of silent fans who aren't voicing there opinion because either they can't access Gateworld or they won't voice there opinion.

Also another Cliche. Money Talks and BS walks. Money is going to be the big voice. If they have companies willing to buy commercial time then SGU is a keeper. And if anyone wants the Stargate Franchise to continue and if you are true fans then watch the show, enjoy what they are giving you. Because this may very well be the end of the line. 3 series on the same Franchise. Almost unheard of.........

And as for the movies. They will continue making movies as long as people are willing to buy them. And I feel that is money well spent.
                  Spins and turns, angles and curves, the shape of dreams half remembered. Slip the surly bonds of Earth and touch the face of perfection. A perfect face, a perfect lace, find a perfect world for the end of Kara Thrace.
                  End of line.

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                    Yeah, boycott universe to send them a message to NOT substitute crap for something that's a proven success! And if you DO watch it even if you're just giving it a chance, DON'T because it will encourage them to put more filth on the air!

Unless they made 4 movies a year (2 Atlantis and 2 SG-1) I would never feel satisfied with movies only. And they would have to release them in a DECENT AMOUNT OF TIME! None of this 1+ years crap to be released.

And yes, they COULD make 4 movies a year, it's equivalent to 8 episodes and keep in mind for 3 years they made 40 episodes per year so it's more than possible.

Vala,
                    How can you possibly know that Universe is going to be bad?
                    The show hasn't even aired yet, so for you to say that it's going to be rubbish is ridiculous.
                    Unless you've got Janus's time traveling Puddle Jumper for real then you can't possibly know the show is going to be a bad one, especially not from some character descriptions, base story ideas and concept artwork.

I have to reiterate that so far both shows (SG1 and SGA) have been good pieces of science fiction, so why should Universe be any different just because it's a different take on the Stargate theme?

I mean this with the greatest respect but to judge something before you've seen it is just narrow minded and ignorant.
                    You are of course well within your right to give Universe a miss, but if people like myself want to try it then it's up to them.

Comment

Originally posted by bfldworker View Post
                      I have to say this and I am not sorry if what I say is too brash or blunt. But I am sick of people whining about (Boycott SGU!, Save SG1, Save SGA!). Shows being canceled have been going on before TV was popular (They canceled Radio Shows) for reasons that they either did explain or didn't explain.

SG1 had one hell of a run over it's 10 years. Instead of crying we should be saying THANK YOU (I know a lot of people have, but there are still whiners). With SGA going in the same direction, what is going on? You have 2 groups. Save SGA and BOYCOTT SGU! First and foremost, when rumors started running around about a 3rd Stargate show people were all cranked up and thrilled. I know I was, but the moment I heard that SGU was going to be pitched an expensive series, I knew SGA wasn't going to be around for much longer.

This is typical for the tv industry. Not many Sci-fi shows last 5 seasons. We should be happy that we have had 15 years (all together) of Stargate so far. It could have ended when Showtime canceled it 7 years ago.

And one more thing. Boycotting SGU isn't going to do anything. At the most you would be "cutting your nose off to spite your face". It is a pointless and frivolous act at best. I know TPTB read these forums and they have address the concerns of "Voyager 90210" and other concerns that have popped up.

Personally, I welcome SGU with open arms. And it isn't because I will not miss SG1 and SGA. I will miss them I think there is a lot more territory to be covered in that show. Like finding the ZPM construction devices or making drones or ring transporters. SGU is just a extension of the Stargate Universe and any true and real fan would accept that and move on.

I remember when people yelled about TNG going away after a 7 year run, Voyager came out and I personally feel is was one of the best Trek shows out there because it explored unknown territory of both space and the human condition. And I feel that SGU will do that as well. (I am not calling SGU a clone of Voyager. so don't even bother bringing that up).

Just give SGU a chance and stop this frivolous boycotting crap. It isn't going to work. You have more people in favor of SGU then you do against it. Not to mention the hundreds of thousands of silent fans who aren't voicing there opinion because either they can't access Gateworld or they won't voice there opinion.

Also another Cliche. Money Talks and BS walks. Money is going to be the big voice. If they have companies willing to buy commercial time then SGU is a keeper. And if anyone wants the Stargate Franchise to continue and if you are true fans then watch the show, enjoy what they are giving you. Because this may very well be the end of the line. 3 series on the same Franchise. Almost unheard of.........

And as for the movies. They will continue making movies as long as people are willing to buy them. And I feel that is money well spent.
                      I agree with everything you've said.

Comment

Why should we thank them for the show? Watching them, buying the DVDs is thanks enough! It's not like they're doing it for charity! They're in it for the money...

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
                          Why should we thank them for the show? Watching them, buying the DVDs is thanks enough! It's not like they're doing it for charity! They're in it for the money...

Perhaps. But one thing I have learned about Brad Wright and Robert Cooper is that they actually enjoy hearing feedback from the fans. If they didn't care do you honestly think that they would have addressed all the concerns people have had about SG1, SGA and SGU? I don't remember a single time that anyone from the Star Trek, Farscape, Battlestar Galactica camps addressing concerns of the fans....
                          Spins and turns, angles and curves, the shape of dreams half remembered. Slip the surly bonds of Earth and touch the face of perfection. A perfect face, a perfect lace, find a perfect world for the end of Kara Thrace.
                          End of line.

Comment

Perhaps. But one thing I have learned about Brad Wright and Robert Cooper is that they actually enjoy hearing feedback from the fans. If they didn't care do you honestly think that they would have addressed all the concerns people have had about SG1, SGA and SGU? I don't remember a single time that anyone from the Star Trek, Farscape, Battlestar Galactica camps addressing concerns of the fans....
                            Actually they enjoy being praised for their work; they like to have some feed-back because they're shrewd business-men ("Know thy consumer" and all that)

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                              Don't talk soft, you haven't even seen it.

Vala,
                              The logistics of making four movies a year has never been an issue, it's a case of will they sell or not. Four movies could well over saturate a relatively small fan base, and they wouldn't want that.

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
                                Actually they enjoy being praised for their work; they like to have some feed-back because they're shrewd business-men ("Know thy consumer" and all that)
                                Oh yes, how DARE they work hard and do their job well for over a decade and expect a 'Thank you! Good job." Everyone knows you don't thank an employee! Their paycheck should be enough.

And as for SGU? I watch shows that have a storyline that interest me. IF the show is made by someone with a good track record (Joss Whedon, Brad Wright), I will give a show that doesn't necessarily appeal to me a decent shot.

Honestly, the storyline for SGU simply doesn't interest me, but I'll try it. And if I decide to stop watching, it will have nothing to do with my anger over them pulling the plug on SGA. I didn't really care about the plot for Sanctuary, but watched the first three episodes because I respect Martin Wood and Amanda Tapping and their work. The show isn't for me. End of story. Nothing personal behind my not watching any more, I just don't like the show. But I did go into it with an open mind and plan to do so with SGU as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X