Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis landing on the outpost would bring the show full circle, right back to the first minute of 'Rising'. I hope they bring it back to Earth where it belongs. Oh, and drone Michael along the way.
    sigpic
    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
      Atlantis landing on the outpost would bring the show full circle, right back to the first minute of 'Rising'. I hope they bring it back to Earth where it belongs. Oh, and drone Michael along the way.
      err no that'd be stupid imo. the MG has SG-1 etc, the PG needs Atlantis
      sigpic
      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Well it's not stupid to me. Nyah nyah nyah!
        Atlantis would make a much better base than the SGC, anyway. Shields, weapons, flight capability, a stargate, and a view!
        sigpic
        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
          Well it's not stupid to me. Nyah nyah nyah!
          Atlantis would make a much better base than the SGC, anyway. Shields, weapons, flight capability, a stargate, and a view!
          LOL that's true but it'll never happen imo
          sigpic
          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I can see your point but, without series to support anymore, it really doesn't matter which survives if Atlantis comes to Earth. It makes a perfect base in Pegasus, but if we manage to contain the Wraith threat somehow, then we won't have to be in that galaxy any more, just like how we're not in the Ori galaxy because they're no longer a threat. Can you imagine how untouchable Earth would be with a fully powered Atlantis semi-permanently there? Or a semi-powered Atlantis permanently there?

If Universe follows the Atlantis scenario, the Destiny will be reached using the Atlantis stargate, so Atlantis might be the main point of [hopefully no] human contact for them.
            sigpic
            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
              It's a TV show about a massive city. They were never going to focus on the planet when there's endless story potential for the city itself. This is why I didn't mind them moving the city, since the city is what the show is about.
              I'm not suggesting the planet should have become the prime focus. In its own way it played a supporting role. Look at episodes like The Storm/The Eye, Grace Under Pressure, Echoes. I think there were some more story opportunities there, not in every episode of course, but little by little they could have uncovered a bit more about the planet. But they gave that all a pass, instead opting to concoct a ill-reached decision to attack the Replicators preemptively, which quite predictably resulted in the Replicators launching a very effective retaliation, all for what seemed an excuse to get the city into space. So before somebody tells me to get over it, I realize it's done now, and I'm only commenting because the question came up in this thread.

Oh, and I'm not against the city taking off into space again, but I'd prefer they saved it for the grand return to Earth, if that ever happens.
              My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

Originally posted by Professor D.H.D. Puddlejumper View Post
                I'm not suggesting the planet should have become the prime focus. In its own way it played a supporting role. Look at episodes like The Storm/The Eye, Grace Under Pressure, Echoes. I think there were some more story opportunities there, not in every episode of course, but little by little they could have uncovered a bit more about the planet. But they gave that all a pass, instead opting to concoct a ill-reached decision to attack the Replicators preemptively, which quite predictably resulted in the Replicators launching a very effective retaliation, all for what seemed an excuse to get the city into space. So before somebody tells me to get over it, I realize it's done now, and I'm only commenting because the question came up in this thread.

Oh, and I'm not against the city taking off into space again, but I'd prefer they saved it for the grand return to Earth, if that ever happens.
                I think I'd have liked to see a bit more exploration of Atlantis's original home planet.
                The team could travel back there at some point if they were to learn of some funky Ancient dohicky (technical term ) on Lantia in some future movie.
                I think in Remnants (SGA S05xE15) Sheppard does some stuff on the mainland of Atlantis's new home planet.
                Last edited by Rise Of The Phoenix; 26 October 2008, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
                  I think I'd have liked to see a bit more exploration of Atlantis's original home planet.
                  The team could travel back there at some point if they were to learn of some funky Ancient dohicky (technical term ) on Lantia in some future movie.
                  That too. I saw your post in the Movie thread, and we're on a similar wavelength. If I get a chance I'll post some sketchy ideas I've had floating around in my own head.

Comment

That too. I saw your post in the Movie thread, and we're on a similar wavelength. If I get a chance I'll post some sketchy ideas I've had floating around in my own head.
                    I assume you mean this thread:
                    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...76#post9129676

I think I may have also posted something similar in another thread but I thought it could make a decent movie or mini-series and wouldn't have to centre around the teams or characters that we know and love, although I'd like it if it had at least a few guys from SG1 or SGA.
                    What do you think Prof?

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
                      I assume you mean this thread:
                      http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...76#post9129676

I think I may have also posted something similar in another thread but I thought it could make a decent movie or mini-series and wouldn't have to centre around the teams or characters that we know and love, although I'd like it if it had at least a few guys from SG1 or SGA.
                      What do you think Prof?
                      Yep, that was the thread I meant. Mine involved a team (SGA or SG1) actually going back in time using the (Moebius) puddlejumper, but as there's some strong sentiments on this forum against more time travel stories (and understandable to some extent), your idea of using flashbacks would work just as well. The only area I differ from you is the age of Atlantis, but we can hash that out on one of the other threads. Maybe I'll try to flesh it out into an outline, and if I get brave enough, I'll post it.

Comment

Yep, that was the thread I meant. Mine involved a team (SGA or SG1) actually going back in time using the (Moebius) puddlejumper, but as there's some strong sentiments on this forum against more time travel stories (and understandable to some extent), your idea of using flashbacks would work just as well. The only area I differ from you is the age of Atlantis, but we can hash that out on one of the other threads. Maybe I'll try to flesh it out into an outline, and if I get brave enough, I'll post it.
                        The Puddle Jumper time travel thing or any kind of time travel story could still work, it could even be a combination of time travel and flash backs, or do you think that would be a bit too much?
                        To be perfectly honest as long anyone who writes their own stories that include Atlantis in some way, describing when it was built, as long as it's pre-Pegasus they could be right.
                        As I think you may have said it could've happened anytime before the city left Earth, so I don't really have a clue as to when it's construction was started or finished, as there's no real firm evidence that I've seen on this part of the Stargate mythology to truly prove that fact.

I guess I could actually write something a bit more story like though and not scripted as I think a story is a bit easier to follow than a script.
                        I'd like to read your story if you get brave enough.
                        I've got another idea for an Atlantis story as well, but I keep changing my mind about certain important events of the back story surrounding my premise, if I settle on certain ideas I'll post it in it's own thread and let you know if I do.

As much as I wanna write about the full Ancient's story I'm a bit worried that people may not like some of the ideas I've got, also there's a lot of history to cover and I'm not the best of writers, in fact since secondary school I don't think I've even written a short story and the the Ancient's one certainly deserves to be more than that in my eyes.
                        Last edited by Rise Of The Phoenix; 29 October 2008, 04:47 AM.

Comment

If they had that AU powersource mentioned above they could probably do it in stages. Charge it till they had enough power to make orbit. Use the zpm for the shield and atmosphere. Then charge the au powersource till they have enough for hyperspace travel. Its not efficent or convient but it would work.

It would take weeks to reach a new planet, hip hopping in and out of hyperspace, having to pause in real space long enough to recharge the au powersource.

Opens the door for more epic adventures while still keeping the heroes from being Over Powered.

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                            If they had that AU powersource mentioned above they could probably do it in stages. Charge it till they had enough power to make orbit. Use the zpm for the shield and atmosphere. Then charge the au powersource till they have enough for hyperspace travel. Its not efficent or convient but it would work.

It would take weeks to reach a new planet, hip hopping in and out of hyperspace, having to pause in real space long enough to recharge the au powersource.

Opens the door for more epic adventures while still keeping the heroes from being Over Powered.
                            There are I think two different perspectives on how much power the Subspace Tap carries in it's buffer, Rodney of course says something along the lines of the "the alternate reality drive requires ZPM levels of power and this is what generates it", now I'm of the mindset that 'ZPM levels of power' means the buffer contains the same amount of energy as a fully charged ZPM when it's full, but you appear to me to be on the other side where the thought is that the ST only contains a portion of the energy levels of a ZPM, which is a fair enough thought as it wasn't confirmed by Rodney in the episode and I haven't heard anyone mention the question being asked to Joe Malozzi in his Blog as to what that figure is here on Gateworld.

Even if the amount of power it creates is on the smaller side Atlantis could have like a dozen of the STs with quite a few buffers so that the full journey could be made without it seeming like Humans are even more over powered.
                            I think if they used something like this but with only one ST it could get a bit boring hearing McKay say "we're going to drop out of Hyperspace, prepare to charge the Subspace Tap, call me in the next 30 minutes when it's charged again and we'll make the next jump" and then repeating the dialogue over and over again.
                            Of course I know the writers would never actually do that in an episode but you get my point, limiting the devices that much could be just as mundane as giving the Characters too much power.

Comment

I dont think so since then they maybe need a zero point modul.
                              “We could be a team. You could be my sidekick.”
                              “Sidekick?”
                              “Yeah, it’d be like Batman and Ronon. Has a nice ring to it.”
                              “Yeah, you keep eating like that it’s going to be more like fatman.”

Comment

Originally posted by Jaffa-master View Post
                                I dont think so since then they maybe need a zero point modul.
                                As long as you're able to generate the necessary amount of energy, then you could make the city fly again.

Perhaps some humongous Naqueda Generator, Multiple NIGs, or as has been mentioned a few times within this thread the Subspace Tap(s).

Comment

Working...
                                X