Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't care what the Atlantis movie is about, just don't put Keller in it!

Comment

Originally posted by GateLadyM View Post
      I don't care what the Atlantis movie is about, just don't put Keller in it!
      I defenetly want to see Keller in Atlantis-movie.
      Asgard in memoriam

Comment

look, why not discover a todd-like wraith faction, and they come for earth. they did remain dormant after the keeper was killed, and they come to earth in 20 hives. with apollo and deadalus at atlantis, oddy at earth, phoenix into action, the tria in the void, and the cruiser beneath the ocean, we have to toss everything at them. at the first stop, we engage with the deadalus and the apollo. each with beam weapons, so its gonna be an epic fight. the apollo looses shields and gets away in time. deadalus fires all its missiles and leaves, as its shields are about to deplete. both continue straight to earth at max speed. meanwhile, the tria in the void is being repaired. its fit with a new hyperdrive, and its near-repaired. also, the wraith cruiser under the ocean is now ready, rises up[in a cool scene], and uses its dual asgard hyperdrive to get to the second wraith stop. 17 hives remain.

the cruiser arrives at the tria. both ships waith for the wraith to come. the gate bridge, still there, just missing midway, is using tria as a temporary midway to speed up its repairs. deadalus and apollo arrive. both have full shields [it took a few days...], apollo is almost repaired. with the tria, a wraith cruiser, apollo and the deadalus, we try and defeat the wraith fleet. via the tria, the ships are restocked again. so the battle begins. tria is an aurora of later date, so it has additional ancient weapons. its first volley takes out a hive, and 5 succumb to it, as the wraith's combined firepower batter on its shields. it jumps away in time. again, the deadalus and apollo fight, the wraith cruiser is destroyed rather easily. wraith are down to 11 hives, as the battle has to be aborted again. a surprise is left behind: the asuran gate sattelite.
        on earth, john[brought over to earth] sits in a throne chair. he concentrates, as a large stream of drones moves up, into a gate on the surface of antarctica, we see the wormhole sequence, then they exit at the gate sattelite, and bring down the hives to 8.

the wraith fleet jumps, and heals.

18 days. our ships have been damaged too much. the arctic outpost has few drones left[it couldnt fire all], and the deadalus, apollo, and the tria are in the middle of the void, getting supplies via the gate bridge to repair. all are damaged.

so the final stand is at the final stop before earth: the oddysey waits there, the phoenix still at earth due to being incomplete. 8 hives bear down on the oddyssey, which handles the punishment well. its beams cut through 4 hives before its shields reach below 50% , the flagship of earth and the carrier of the asgard legacy takes out 5 in total. the hives run, and we cant calculate their position. all we can do, is wait.

the two final hives show up in orbit over earth, and launch darts immediatly, the oddy takes on the hives, as 302's from the oddy, ones meant for phoenix, and earth's own move up and open fire. after a massive high-atmosphere fight between over 100 302's and over a thousand darts, a few almost break through and try to head for the surface. railgun fire puts an end to them: the phoenix rises up from earth, and finishes the battle with the darts.

about like this.

Comment

I remember reading some time ago that there was a story planned that had sg-1 being judged by a galactic tribunal accused of genocide because of the gate addresses they provided the aschen. At the time I thought that would make a great story, but it might be a little too political for a movie

Comment

Originally posted by Prometheus 1 View Post
            Ok for SG-1:
            • The Aschen
            • Jack and Sam story
            • Disclosure to the Public
            • Re'Tu
            • Possible Jaffa-Earth formal alliance
            • Jonas
            The Aschen aren't interesting enough for a movie. Jack and Sam? They missed that boat when RDA left the show. Disclosure to the public? This, I would like to see. Re'Tu? They were in one episode from the second or third season. Eh... No one cares anymore. They are especially irelavent now that the Goa'uld have been defeated. Aren't Earth and the Jaffa already allied? Finally, Jonas won't be back. If they had any interest in revisiting the character, they'd have had an episode in Season 9 or 10 where a Prior visited Jonas's world leading to his asking SG-1 for help.

For Atlantis:
            • Resolution of Season 5 cliffhanger
            • Massive Michael story
            • Defeat of the Wraith
            • Exploration of the city
            • Ford Resolution story
            Season 5's cliffhanger will be resolved in the movie. Michael's quest to dominate the galaxy could come to a climax in a second movie, assuming he's not killed off before this season ends. Defeat the Wraith? I think that'd make for an awesome movie. Exploration of the city? This could serve as a subplot for the film. Ford's resolution? Watch Season 2, Episode 11 "The Hive."

Comment

I definitely want to see a love scene with Mckay and Keller before the City of Atlantis lifts off. While the city is shaking as they lift off, Keller is having an orgasm and Mckay is like crying his eyes out.
              sigpic
              The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

Ew... way too graphic. I'm sorry, but if you want that, go to the dirty-movie store. The Atlantis movie will be aimed at a family audience.

Comment

That was a joke man.
                  sigpic
                  The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

I couldn't tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                      The Aschen aren't interesting enough for a movie.
                      Not only that, but I think what a lot of people don't take into account is the 'length of time which has passed' factor. The writers and producers, and MGM, for that matter, might not think the entire consumer base has such a memory span (or has even been familiar with the franchise for long enough) to start pulling two-hour pieces out post-series which delve into things that haven't been mentioned in seven years. I think that's the biggest Anti-Aschen weapon this side of a black hole.

Jack and Sam? They missed that boat when RDA left the show.
                      Not entirely. Trying to make 'Jack and Sam' into a full-fledged SG-1 telefilm would be terrible, but if he were to return for the third film as Brad Wright desires, rest assured, there would at least be another shippy scene of some degree.

Disclosure to the public? This, I would like to see.
                      Going to have to go with the common outcry against this one, that divides the fanbase rather down the middle -- it would ruin the bit about the franchise taking place in real-time, alongside a world that doesn't realize. You see, in the Stargate universe (no pun intended) it's always near to current-day Earth and the only gaping differences rest in subtle things, like, I guess Roland Emmerich never penned the film to start the franchise. (Insert 'but Emmerich rips everything off' joke here.)

No thanks. I want to keep the mirror thing going for as long as possible, even if it means thinking little of when people like Major Davis go on about how 'sooner than later, the world will know'

Re'Tu? They were in one episode from the second or third season. Eh... No one cares anymore.
                      That's exactly the sort of mentality that kills virtually every unresolved tidbit from before at least Seven Seven or so for me. I don't think they'd invest seven million in something unresolved from 1999 from a single episode during the Showtime run.

Finally, Jonas won't be back. If they had any interest in revisiting the character, they'd have had an episode in Season 9 or 10 where a Prior visited Jonas's world leading to his asking SG-1 for help.
                      I mostly agree. I could almost see them bringing him in for a smallish role simply because TPTB just love cameos, and while it's been a relatively long time since his last appearance, just throwing him a bone and basically saying without saying 'look, he survived the Ori occupation of his world' (his actual line would probably be more like, 'it's great to see you, too, SG-!') is something I wouldn't be entirely stunned by in the future.

Season 5's cliffhanger will be resolved in the movie.
                      That apparently depends on personal opinion, now, since we've learned that 5x20 isn't a literal cliffhanger so much as the 'now what' variety, ie Full Circle . It's now been said that the SGA telefilm is looked upon at least somewhat like a standalone story, so we'll see what the heck that means.

Michael's quest to dominate the galaxy could come to a climax in a second movie, assuming he's not killed off before this season ends.
                      Yeah, ditto.

Defeat the Wraith? I think that'd make for an awesome movie.
                      Probably would, though I have a feeling those rumors about later on this season on SGA leading to a potential (lyk srsly 4eel guyz) 'cure' against them, which I have another feeling is going to open the door to the pseudo-standalone telefilm, which could render the Wraith a moot point therafter.

Exploration of the city? This could serve as a subplot for the film.
                      Yeah.

Ford's resolution? Watch Season 2, Episode 11 "The Hive."
                      That's essentially where it will likely lay to rest, but with RSF available for at least that tiny little shocker in 5x1, it would appear he isn't on bad terms with the producers, at least. Which leaves the door open a bit more securely than all the time some feared against even that much.
                      If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                        Ew... way too graphic. I'm sorry, but if you want that, go to the dirty-movie store. The Atlantis movie will be aimed at a family audience.
                        Doubtful, the show isn't.

Comment

This is my idea for a final SG-1 movie that I posted a couple months back. IMO this would only work if it was a final SG-1 movie. (SPOILERED FOR SIZE)
                          It was originally two posts. The second spoiler box is a response to my first post from Ripple in Space.
                          Spoiler:

[First post]
                          There should be some kind of SG-1 movie wrapping up the Aschen and Tollan stories, like,
                          -->[somehow it should be noted that the whole Ori thing ended a few years before this film.] [START] [screen says 'Five years ago' as several Tollan spacecraft drop out of hyperspace. They are damaged] The last survivors of Tollana fled to a (relatively) nearby star system that happens to be to the Aschen system. (The Tollan don't know the Aschen are evil.) The Aschen offer them sanctuary and in return the Tollan have to help them in their war effort against their evil enemy (Earth, but the Tollan don't know that yet). It goes back and forth between some scenes at the SGC, the Oddessy (see below- SG-1 is aboard), and the Aschen system. Finally the Aschen are ready to launch an attack on earth. [OPENING CREDITS, WITH THE CAMERA PANNING THROUGHOUT THE MASSIVE ASCHEN FLEET. CAMERA GOES BEHIND A DARK OBJECT AND COMES OUT FROM BEHIND JACK'S CABIN IN MINNESOTA]

The Aschen have some operatives loyal to them in the Trust and they find that the Oddessy* is on a mission (against Atlantis's new enemy, as noted in one of At. S5's episodes) in the Pegasus and even with a ZPM it takes a few days to make it back to Earth. The Aschen drop out of hyperspace and immediately begin firing all batteries and launching all fighters towards the surface. The Tollan that are on board are shocked to see that this is Earth and try to lead an uprising on each of the ships, but it fails horribly and they are sent to the brig(s).
                          The President (Hayes still? IDK) gives the order to activate the Ancient chair and launch the drones, but the Mark 2 generators* fail to power the chair sufficiently (maybe wrong kind of power, not enough power?). The Earth ground-based fighters give the Aschen fighters a run for their money, but without anything attacking the motherships in outer space, Earth is effectively subdued in a matter of hours.
                          Just before the SGC is taken over by Aschen forces, Walter is able to relay a message to Atlantis before being stunned. A couple of days later, the Odyssey drops out of hyperspace and is immediately cloaked. The Aschen are broadcasting a call on all frequencies (as they know that the Odyssey will return) saying that if the Odyssey opens fire upon any of their vessels one thousand prisoners (they have imprisoned much of Earth's population in internment camps; think Nazi style) will be executed.

Weeks pass as SG-1 thinks of a solution.

Somehow (probably Asgard beams; or maybe the Aschen are jamming us- so a couple cloaked F-302's?- Either Carter's or McKay's idea) SG-1 is able to get aboard the Aschen vessels. They find the Tollan aboard as prisoners and are obviously shocked to see them. Narim is there and recounts shortly to Carter how he and the rest of the Tollan escaped Tollana. (Flashes the end of "Between Two Fires" S5 Ep9) They disable the jamming device on board and by disabling it, all the rest of the ships are unjammed (covertly so the Aschen don't know).

With help from the Tollan, SG-1 somehow saves Earth and repels the Aschen. (AKA, I've run out of ideas, what do you think so far? )

Personally, I think this is pretty good. It gives Earth a weakness instead of being all powerful (Asgard beams and lasers, ZPMs, Drones, etc.)

Obviously at the end there would have to be some kind of release about the stargate and/or our advancements as far as space travel to the world.

Spoiler:
                          Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                          I think the two things that will indicate that tptb are done with SG-1 (not necessarily in a bad way) are the Stargate becoming public & Jack & Sam getting married. Personally, I'd like another two or three movies before then.

I like the idea, it might actually be the best way of explaining why Narim hasn't contacted Earth. So as not to ruin the status-quo for SG-1, what if the invasion was of the Nox home world?

The Nox don't even ask SG-1 for help, but when the Tollan find out what's going on, Narim sneaks a message. And the reasoning behind invading the Nox is that the Aschen, while powerful, have lost their edge with Anubis & Baal having significantly upgrading Goa'uld ships and the Tau'ri possessing 2 of the four databases of the Four Great Races. So the Aschen salivate at the thought of getting Nox technology.

[Start of second post]

Yeah, that would be good also (Maybe we could sub the Furlings for the Nox! lol).
                          But my thinking behind invading Earth was
                          1. The revenge factor. The addresses that SG-1 gave to the Aschen included a black hole. Say that it wiped out half of their total population maybe and the only way for the rest of them to survive was to evacuate to another nearby system (the world in SG-1 S5 episode 2001 probably).
                          2. The fact that Earth has flirted with disaster so many times it would only seem realistic if for once disaster did happen.

In the S1 episode that we met the Nox, Apophis "attacked" the Nox looking for ways to get the cloaking technology that the Nox use. SG-1 repeatedly tried to stop Apophis using force even though the lead Nox said that force wasn't the answer (or something to that effect). I think an Aschen attack would end up more or less fruitless, the same as Apophis's did.

In 2010, someone mentioned that the Stargate program went public after the Aschen were able to wipe out the Goa'uld and judging how smoothly the terminal in Washington went, I would guess that it had been running for a couple years up to that point, meaning that the Aschen completely took care of the Goa'uld pretty quickly. So I would guess that the Aschen are probably a lot more advanced than even the suped up Goa'uld technology (i.e. Baal, Anubis- by the way- I would think that Anubis wouldn't have been able to advance that many of his ships during his time, and I'm not sure he would have either. The Goa'uld are power hungry, and by giving advancements to his motherships (other than his flagship), he would be sharing some of that power.

Were we able to get our hands on another Ancient repository? I haven't seen Atlantis seasons 3 and 4 yet, so maybe. And if you're referencing the Atlantis database, I don't think it holds as much knowledge as the mind interfaces on "The Fifth Race" or "The Lost City pt 1". I suppose still that it holds a heck of a lot of advanced info.

If the conquest of Earth ever did happen, it would most likely be concluding SG-1 and Atlantis and would be a two part movie, setting the stage in the future for SG Universe.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

Wuts to wrap up about the Tollen? Theyre all dead?

Comment

I'm not very thrilled about doing a cross-over. Way too many characters to focus on. One cast supporting another would be just fine.

So, what I want? Since next SG-1 movie is supposed to be Jack-centric I really hope he will be brought back the way he was the lead in first 8 seasons. Get more into the character. Explain the reasons why he took to job at the Pentagon, although he hated the paper-work and such. I know it's all bc Rick left, but I'm sure it can be worked out. Some kind of... not conclusion, but clarification about the whole Sam/Jack relationship. All those hints over the years, it can't be left aside now, especially in Jack-centric movie. Of course I enjoy drama and character moments and I'd like tons of those things with action and adrenalin. I hope this movie will move things forward, not like in Continuum
                              Spoiler:
                              in the end only thing we got was tour at the SGC, the extraction ceremony and locker room scene. The cool and epic adventure basically never took place.

Now, SGA... I've never been that hooked, but I'd like to see the city be more explored. Please no replicators anymore. I probably have to wait until S5 ends, bc I don't know what next eps are about.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                                I'm not very thrilled about doing a cross-over. Way too many characters to focus on. One cast supporting another would be just fine.

So, what I want? Since next SG-1 movie is supposed to be Jack-centric I really hope he will be brought back the way he was the lead in first 8 seasons. Get more into the character. Explain the reasons why he took to job at the Pentagon, although he hated the paper-work and such. I know it's all bc Rick left, but I'm sure it can be worked out. Some kind of... not conclusion, but clarification about the whole Sam/Jack relationship. All those hints over the years, it can't be left aside now, especially in Jack-centric movie. Of course I enjoy drama and character moments and I'd like tons of those things with action and adrenalin. I hope this movie will move things forward, not like in Continuum
                                Spoiler:
                                in the end only thing we got was tour at the SGC, the extraction ceremony and locker room scene. The cool and epic adventure basically never took place.

Now, SGA... I've never been that hooked, but I'd like to see the city be more explored. Please no replicators anymore. I probably have to wait until S5 ends, bc I don't know what next eps are about.
                                Except it did take place because there were lasting changes particularly
                                Spoiler:
                                Cam living out his life in the past, and the guaould time travel device being still out there
                                just cuz we cant return to that past dosent make it any less real, cuz we cant return to any past (except with a time machine)

Comment

Working...
                                X