This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
    I don't think it's necessary, first of all, how big can the team get without losing meaningful interactions?

Tptb want Movie #3 to bring Jack back as the star (which I'm ecstatic about).
    Daniel, Carter & Teal'c are staples.
    Mitchell will be there.
    Vala will most likely be there too.

6 is enough!

I'd like to see Jonas on Atlantis. I believe that was the original idea. I think Jonas interacting with Shep, McKay, Ronon & Teyla would be very interesting. He'd be like Ford (eager, kind of green) only with a genius intellect and archaeological experience.
    It would be cool if he was on Atlantis, him and McKay fighting over who can learn stuff faster with Jonas always winning and McKay calling him a cheater. Jonas really needs to get out more.
    sigpic

Comment

I'll freely admit, from time to time, I do miss Jonas. I'm glad we got MS back, but still, it would have been nice for TPTB to try and bring his character back from time to time past Season 7.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

i think jonas was a really great character , innocent yet sharp. he would have gone well on atlantis i think thats the one thing the atlantis team is missing, a daniel- esque character, ive always thought so.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by flea247 View Post
          i think jonas was a really great character , innocent yet sharp. he would have gone well on atlantis i think thats the one thing the atlantis team is missing, a daniel- esque character, ive always thought so.
          Yeah, I could picture him on SGA.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
            Yeah, I could picture him on SGA.
            not a regular but maybe a recurring character like Zelenka
            supersoldier34sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by supersoldier34 View Post
              not a regular but maybe a recurring character like Zelenka
              I think Jonas would fit as a series regular. But, I wouldn't want him to replace anyone currently on the team. He would just be an addition, like Vala was on SG-1.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

If they had somehow fit Jonas into a later episode (like they did in season 7 after they left) then they most likely would had given us some closure on what happened to him. After they stopped that large naquadria vein from blowing up, you hear no more from Kelowna. (Or Langara, or whatever it's called...)
                sigpic
                ~the guitarists~

Comment

JONAS GONE BAD!

Id be down for Jonas's planet reverse engineering ori tech from when they were conquered and trying to conquer the galaxy. There is no better villian than a friend gone bad. If anyone was capable of R.E. ori tech its Jonas and his freak brain!

/hand device on jackson 'Kneel before me!'

Daniel took his job AND got his planet conquered and enslaved. I could see him being pissed and wanting to remove his BANE.

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                    Daniel took his job
                    I got the feeling that Jonas only filled Daniel's position out of guilt, and strongly preferred returning home to aid his people rather than Earth.
                    sigpic
                    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                    ~David Hewlett

Comment

Watch the last five minutes of 200, then tell me the writers want Jonas back.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                        Watch the last five minutes of 200, then tell me the writers want Jonas back.
                        To be fair, the last 5 minutes of 200 gives the impression that the writers would rather not have to deal with any actors at all.

Comment

I don't see why it would be such a sretch of the imagination to think that he could return for an appearance in a Stargate movie. Stargate SG-1 the series is over for good. It's not unthinkable to think that Jonas could appear. After all, other characters show up after long absences (i.e. Major Davis, etc.), so why not?

I think TPTB just don't realize how popular Jonas remains. For every 1 fan that says he/she will stop watching just because Jonas appears, there are probably 10-15 people who like Jonas and want to see him again.

Comment

Originally posted by MrArMaGeDdOn View Post
                            in the series, it was said, his planet was conquered by the ori.

joseph mallozzi said, in his mind, jonas is part of a resistance against the them...
                            I can so totally see that!

I would love to see Jonas again. I think maybe it would work in like Universe. The troubles with SG-1 have been outlined fairly well. I never thought of Jonas as a "replacement" for Daniel. I came in watching with season 6.

The trouble with seeing Jonas in Atlantis, is a lot of fans don't want SG-1 characters on Atlantis.
                            sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                              JONAS GONE BAD!

Id be down for Jonas's planet reverse engineering ori tech from when they were conquered and trying to conquer the galaxy. There is no better villian than a friend gone bad. If anyone was capable of R.E. ori tech its Jonas and his freak brain!

/hand device on jackson 'Kneel before me!'

Daniel took his job AND got his planet conquered and enslaved. I could see him being pissed and wanting to remove his BANE.
                              I respect your opinion, but I'm not really down with that idea.

Maybe it would be better if this scenario happened between Jack and Cam. Jack could be angry that Cam came in and replaced him at the SGC. They could do a real tribute to the Mission Impossible movie that way.

Comment

Originally posted by jrd231 View Post
                                Holy necrotopic, Batman. Dead horse, anyone? Come on, we've been going over this for YEARS now! He's not coming back. Let it go, folks.

Neither is Ford.
                                Neither is Weir.
                                lol
                                sigpic
                                "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                                ~David Hewlett

Comment

Working...
                                X