This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
    I strongly disagree. He acted what he was given. It's BW who's forgotten how to write Jack. Apparently he doesn't want Jack in the movies he wants RDA
    Then someone should take the third movie away from him and quick. Because if I watch a movie with Jack I want to see Jack not RDA. If I want to see Rick I'll go to a convention.

I do think that RDA has been given far too much leaway in the past and someone who isn't a hopeless fan boy needs to be in charge of any future movies. RDA can act, in fact he can act very well, but even the best actor in the world needs a good script and good direction. And someone who has the guts to say - 'look that was great, but can you just dial it back a bit for the next take?'
    sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
      Then someone should take the third movie away from him and quick. Because if I watch a movie with Jack I want to see Jack not RDA. If I want to see Rick I'll go to a convention.

I do think that RDA has been given far too much leaway in the past and someone who isn't a hopeless fan boy needs to be in charge of any future movies. RDA can act, in fact he can act very well, but even the best actor in the world needs a good script and good direction. And someone who has the guts to say - 'look that was great, but can you just dial it back a bit for the next take?'
      I want to see Kurt Russell as O'Neill in the next movie...

Comment

Originally posted by Ladyinred View Post
        I want to see Kurt Russell as O'Neill in the next movie...
        Dream on, then Spader will play Daniel

Comment

Dream on, then Spader will play Daniel
          I love Spader! Boston Legal is one of my fav shows.
          sigpic

Comment

I love Spader! Boston Legal is one of my fav shows.
            After Continuum I don't give a frak who's playing Jack as long as he's Jack and gets Sam!

Comment

After Continuum I don't give a frak who's playing Jack as long as he's Jack and gets Sam!

Gets her? Why, what has she ever done to him?
              sigpic

Comment

I strongly disagree. He acted what he was given. It's BW who's forgotten how to write Jack. Apparently he doesn't want Jack in the movies he wants RDA
                I agree with you here. I don't mind the jokes and sillyness in small doses, but when that's all the depth he's given? UGH. I've said it before that it makes me think of Homer Simpson. I feel like every time I see Jack now, he's flippant and like, "Mmmmm Cake. I need a toilet. Fruitbasket. I'm hungry." When that's part of his whole character, that's cool, it's a personality quirk. When it's the only depth to his character? It's moronic. I mean, why would Sam even like him in that way if all he did was walk around going "Jack eat cake?"

We know he can be a better character, and I'm seeing it right before my eyes as I'm rewatching the series. I'm on season 4 right now and there's some incredible stuff for him, really good delivering of lines and conveying of emotions. And a mix of the more serious Jack and the silly Jack.

Now I feel like all the write is the silly Jack and we're left with RDA going "caaaaaaake," all the time. It's not an age thing or a weight thing- other actors on the show are older and have some serious dialog. It's just how they're writing him, I swear.

As you can see, I get a little worked up about it because I see it as the Simpsonifying of Jack.
                sigpic Heliosphere- multi-shipper, multi-thunker

Comment

Originally posted by heliosphere View Post
                  I agree with you here. I don't mind the jokes and sillyness in small doses, but when that's all the depth he's given? UGH. I've said it before that it makes me think of Homer Simpson.
                  Lol, a wannabe Homer Simpson. I just knew it couldn't be alright watching Simpsons that much

*sighs* I really miss that AWESOME character in the earlier seasons but Continuum did confirm it for me that a movie centered around Jack wouldn't be a good one if they insist to write him like these. Well, at least for me, it confirmed.
                  sigpic
                  Banner made by Stef

Save the sexy female alien, save the SG-1

Comment

Just read the entire thread and seem to agree with the general opinion. Was disappointed that BW didn't mention Vala when speaking of a third movie, to be honest I think the movie needs all of SG-1.

Would love to see Jack and was looking forward to having him in Continumm.......until I saw the movie and was disappointed in how he was written, let alone the screen time he had. I've watched SG-1 since its 4th season and really enjoyed Jack's character, until we began to hit season 8 but I thought he was pretty good in The Shroud as well.

Overall third movie would be awesome as long as all of the main characters are there and treated with respect by the writers.

Banner by Stef
                    Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyLikeaFox View Post
                      Just read the entire thread and seem to agree with the general opinion. Was disappointed that BW didn't mention Vala when speaking of a third movie, to be honest I think the movie needs all of SG-1.

Overall third movie would be awesome as long as all of the main characters are there and treated with respect by the writers.
                      I would like to see a movie with all of SG-1 too, as long as that includes Jonas. I really like RDA/Jack, but he is no more essential than anyone else.

As far as the Simpsonfying of Jack, that is 100% RDA's doing, not the writers. Most of those lines were improved by RDA himself.

Lives!

Comment

Originally posted by DanJack View Post
                        I would like to see a movie with all of SG-1 too, as long as that includes Jonas. I really like RDA/Jack, but he is no more essential than anyone else.

As far as the Simpsonfying of Jack, that is 100% RDA's doing, not the writers. Most of those lines were improved by RDA himself.

Lives!
                        You've got to be kidding. Continuum script was written long before RDA was even approached to appear in it...

Comment

You've got to be kidding. Continuum script was written long before RDA was even approached to appear in it...

Yes, but it is a well known fact that RDA 'improves' his lines as he goes along.

He has been quoted as saying he really likes to work with MS as he seems to be the only one who can keep up with his adlibs!
                          sigpic

Comment

Yes, but it is a well known fact that RDA 'improves' his lines as he goes along.

He has been quoted as saying he really likes to work with MS as he seems to be the only one who can keep up with his adlibs!
                            Yes, but back then he was an EP; I don't think his word carries a lot of weight in the franchise nowadays...

Comment

Yes, but back then he was an EP; I don't think his word carries a lot of weight in the franchise nowadays...
                              He hasn't been an EP for quite a while - his adlibs have continued far longer. I am sure that as long as there is a part for him in the franchise he will continue to 'improve' his lines.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DanJack View Post

Lives!
                                I'm not sure did DanJack just meant Continuum. In the series most lines were indeed improvised by RDA.
                                Last edited by Egle01; 10 July 2008, 04:34 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X