This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChocolateLovingEntity View Post
    I VIEW THE ORIGINAL MOVIE AS CANON and without that movie we would never have the TV series..

That movie clearly states that Ra was defeated.... And I'd love it if someone knows exactly how many guards he had onboard the ship. He only had two gliders so that's two positions that can't be filled once they are launched.

Ra was a pussy.... As soon as all these people start coming over the sand hills he packs his bat and ball up and starts to run away. Hardly a supreme system lord.........
    What else is he going to do, stand there and get beaten to death?

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
      Good point.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I would really like some Stargate movies *hides from SG-1 fanatics* that don't have the original Stargate characters. I want something set in the past, expanding on the lore behind the System Lords, the Nox, the Asgard, the Tollan, something. I'm actually a bit saddened by the whole continuing through SG-1 movies rather than expanding the lore.

Comment

People don't care about the lore, they want to see the SG-1 team. That is why they are making SG-1 movies.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post

Ah........ But he's a "god" so he could have used his awesome powers to stun and mystify the crowd.

Then maybe he could stand around and get beaten up, if there were still unbelievers. I didn't much care for Ra anyway. He was too girly...

But my first question was serious. Anyone know what a probable full compliment of guards and gliders Ra had on his ship?
            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
              People don't care about the lore, they want to see the SG-1 team. That is why they are making SG-1 movies.
              The hell. The SG-1 team is gone since a long time. RDA is a granny and got bored of the show, Daniel Jackson spends his times being blasé, shooting guns and weapons of mass destruction, Carter is over done, painful to watch, was the weakest member of the team and couldn't get a grade right, and Teal'c... well, they had to strap that horrible grey band on the side of his hairs. Other than that, he's not changed much, and the interesting aspect about him gaining power is totally ignored.
              Mitchell is boring, Browder never really felt like SG-1 (much less than Nemec) and Vala makes the show poor, irritating, over the top and unrealistic military wise. The writers didn't seem to understand the difference between the shy characters of Daniel and Teal'c, and their importance, and the Sex and the City Vala gal.

Hell, they even want to alter the initial pilot, to "unsuck" it. They're just doing a Lucas there.
              The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Chaos18 View Post
                I was thinking Stargate SG1 was always about the Goauld etc..

and the story of the systems Lord i really like.

I really liked Sokar and all that and ive always wondered wat happened when Sokar and Yu were in battle or the famous story of all the Sytem Lords vs Anubis etc... etc..

Now would it be cool if Stargate does a prequal direct to DVD movie about the System Lords? but before the First Movie of Stargate SG1?

They could show how RA rose to power the battles he had with Aphophis with Sokar with Yu with Ba al ................................
                i like the idea. it would be pretty cool 2 c more Goa'uld history. As 4 a movie or anything like that, don't c it happening

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
                  The hell. The SG-1 team is gone since a long time. RDA is a granny and got bored of the show, Daniel Jackson spends his times being blasé, shooting guns and weapons of mass destruction, Carter is over done, painful to watch, was the weakest member of the team and couldn't get a grade right, and Teal'c... well, they had to strap that horrible grey band on the side of his hairs. Other than that, he's not changed much, and the interesting aspect about him gaining power is totally ignored.
                  Mitchell is boring, Browder never really felt like SG-1 (much less than Nemec) and Vala makes the show poor, irritating, over the top and unrealistic military wise. The writers didn't seem to understand the difference between the shy characters of Daniel and Teal'c, and their importance, and the Sex and the City Vala gal.

Hell, they even want to alter the initial pilot, to "unsuck" it. They're just doing a Lucas there.
                  I agree with NOTHING you had to say EXCEPT for them "remaking" the pilot episode. If anything, make it with 5. 1 surround sound, along with the rest of season 1!! I loved seasons 9 and 10. Beachhead is probably my favorite episode.

Comment

I think the idea of a prequal movie/series of how the system lords came to be a very valid idea.

I would like to know how the system lords came to be, there struggles for power and right up to the point when they claimed themselves to be gods and seeded humans on the many planets.
                    If i cant remember it, it didnt happen!

Comment

Originally posted by coldmachine View Post
                      I agree with NOTHING you had to say EXCEPT for them "remaking" the pilot episode. If anything, make it with 5. 1 surround sound, along with the rest of season 1!! I loved seasons 9 and 10. Beachhead is probably my favorite episode.
                      I agree. They aren't remaking the pilot however. They are simply touching up the special effects, toning down the nude scene, reworking the music and adding a deleted scene in.

Comment

Originally posted by coldmachine View Post
                        Beach is my one of my faves of this season as well, but I could easily live without it if the last two seasons of SG-1 and that turdfest of AoT had to be erased for good.
                        I'm amazed how some people are in denial, as to really miss the completely over the top introductions made later on, while the quality went down by several notches.
                        Oh sure, you had your load of VFX, but they hardly masked the considerably growing failures of the show (rehashes, absurd conclusions, abuse of twists, over reliance on so many convenient solutions - beaming, super magic devices, DEMs - no challenge in writing, no team chemistry - completely made up BS with Mitchell acting like he was SG-1's biggest fan, jeez).
                        Seriously, they should have ended it on a high note around season 7, or maybe season 8 at best, no matter the near "is RDA playing or not" fiasco, because more is not synonym of quality.
                        I'd buy a DVD box set with 8 first seasons eyes shut. But the latest SG-1 stuff literally put a stop to that frienzy, up to the point where I'm not even finding the will to buy season 8.

I really don't get how some fans can't see how Vala is a character which is straight out of a mixer which Sex and the City and Desperate Housewives have been put into, with a good pinch of bad writing and a whle bag of sexual innuendo. Yay for shipping.
                        Carter's sobbings have never been so over done and abused than in s9 an s10.
                        The Ori arc was always castrated, and maintained in place by absurd plot rules, which had almost no chance to end right. They never made it any justice. If anything, the Ori arc would have been better with a miniseries and a real final showdown, not some half baked cheat.
                        Mitchell, just as much as Sheppard, are supposed to be as cool as O'neill, with that slight touch of Han Solo in them.
                        S9 and s10 brought us absolutely boring episodes, and though season 7 did so as well with unwarranted crap like Citizen Joe for example (who frakin cares about Simpson hommages now? you're supposed to make good stories, not embarassing fillers), I think then would have been a good time to stop the hemorrhage.
                        I mean, even with my family, we did watch season 7, because it had very good episodes in it, and managed to balance out those rolleyeing moments. Season 8 was really getting awfully cheesy (and seriously, I can't remember Tapping acting so badly as when she's fiddling the ancient device on Dakara and making a comment on blowing up suns... man, that was hard to stomach, it really sucked).

Seriously, the SG-1 franchise should have ended before S9. There's been good stuff in those last two seasons, but itself, that amount doesn't pay for the rest of the craptor.
                        They tried to stretch it, milk it, make it the longest running SF show vs Trek, whatever... it was absurd.
                        As often, it just hurt the baby.

I've seen so many fans of the classic era who have turned their heels, and there's an equal amount of new heads here and there, like a a surprise, largely being in favour of the new Stargate.
                        You can check around. Many old fans I was used to talk with, or who wandered on SG forums, are now either gone or returning again and again, like abused spouses, but not having hope at all, and not willing to spend a penny in that franchise anymore. A bit like me actually, but I spend much of my time slashing TPTB than praising their work.

I say frak that. You newbies had your time, ok, now it's done. I want old quality Stargate back. Not the old cast, but a well cemented cast, one that makes sense, plus a fresh perspective, a real artistic vision, more originality and intelligence.

Fire half the head honchos if needs to be, get on another network which doesn't try to torpedo your show because it's in opposition with BSG.
                        Please, stop trying to milk the zombie cow, it's infect.
                        The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Beach is my one of my faves of this season as well, but I could easily live without it if the last two seasons of SG-1 and that turdfest of AoT had to be erased for good.
                          I'm amazed how some people are in denial, as to really miss the completely over the top introductions made later on, while the quality went down by several notches.
                          Oh sure, you had your load of VFX, but they hardly masked the considerably growing failures of the show (rehashes, absurd conclusions, abuse of twists, over reliance on so many convenient solutions - beaming, super magic devices, DEMs - no challenge in writing, no team chemistry - completely made up BS with Mitchell acting like he was SG-1's biggest fan, jeez).
                          That is your opinion not everyones. It's not denial because those that disagree with you like it and you don't. Accept that your opinion is just that an opinion.
                          Seriously, they should have ended it on a high note around season 7, or maybe season 8 at best, no matter the near "is RDA playing or not" fiasco, because more is not synonym of quality.
                          I'd buy a DVD box set with 8 first seasons eyes shut. But the latest SG-1 stuff literally put a stop to that frienzy, up to the point where I'm not even finding the will to buy season 8.
                          Season 7 was great as was season 8 and I was as unsure as everyone else about the new direction of seasons 9 and 10 but was pleasantly surprised.

I really don't get how some fans can't see how Vala is a character which is straight out of a mixer which Sex and the City and Desperate Housewives have been put into, with a good pinch of bad writing and a whle bag of sexual innuendo. Yay for shipping.
                          And I don't get how you can't realize that this is an opinion not fact yet you keep making it seem like fact. Not everyone agrees so get over it.
                          Carter's sobbings have never been so over done and abused than in s9 an s10.
                          What? I don't recall one single moment that anything was overdone with Carter.
                          The Ori arc was always castrated, and maintained in place by absurd plot rules, which had almost no chance to end right. They never made it any justice. If anything, the Ori arc would have been better with a miniseries and a real final showdown, not some half baked cheat.
                          I disagree. I thought the Ori was a great idea and excuted very well.
                          Mitchell, just as much as Sheppard, are supposed to be as cool as O'neill, with that slight touch of Han Solo in them.
                          S9 and s10 brought us absolutely boring episodes, and though season 7 did so as well with unwarranted crap like Citizen Joe for example (who frakin cares about Simpson hommages now? you're supposed to make good stories, not embarassing fillers), I think then would have been a good time to stop the hemorrhage.
                          I mean, even with my family, we did watch season 7, because it had very good episodes in it, and managed to balance out those rolleyeing moments.
                          In your opinion not mine.
                          Season 8 was really getting awfully cheesy (and seriously, I can't remember Tapping acting so badly as when she's fiddling the ancient device on Dakara and making a comment on blowing up suns... man, that was hard to stomach, it really sucked).
                          Really? IMO that was a great line.

Seriously, the SG-1 franchise should have ended before S9. There's been good stuff in those last two seasons, but itself, that amount doesn't pay for the rest of the craptor.
                          They tried to stretch it, milk it, make it the longest running SF show vs Trek, whatever... it was absurd.
                          As often, it just hurt the baby.
                          Nope not IMO.

I've seen so many fans of the classic era who have turned their heels, and there's an equal amount of new heads here and there, like a a surprise, largely being in favour of the new Stargate.
                          You can check around. Many old fans I was used to talk with, or who wandered on SG forums, are now either gone or returning again and again, like abused spouses, but not having hope at all, and not willing to spend a penny in that franchise anymore. A bit like me actually, but I spend much of my time slashing TPTB than praising their work.
                          And I've seen just as many who loved seasons 9 and 10.

I say frak that. You newbies had your time, ok, now it's done. I want old quality Stargate back. Not the old cast, but a well cemented cast, one that makes sense, plus a fresh perspective, a real artistic vision, more originality and intelligence.

Fire half the head honchos if needs to be, get on another network which doesn't try to torpedo your show because it's in opposition with BSG.
                          Please, stop trying to milk the zombie cow, it's infect.
                          Look man I'm not a newb by a long shot and I loved seasons 9 and 10. Get off your damn high horse and realize that your opinion is just that an opinion. Stop trying to make your opinion fact.

Comment

Yes, M82, that is only my opinion. I still think it's better than your though.

Comment

Yes, M82, that is only my opinion. I still think it's better than your though.
                              My opinion is no better than yours. Just because you think you are right does not make your opinion better than mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                                My opinion is no better than yours. Just because you think you are right does not make your opinion better than mine.
                                My opinion is that my opinion is better than yours.
                                You have curious standards if you've been following the show from a long time and not seen it get weaker. It's something called criticism, which many fans over here are obviously not bothered to understand.

Comment

Working...
                                X