This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
    I am so happy with the direct-to-DVD format. Of course, I would rather have the show as a series.......but if we can't, this is the way to go. They got more time, more money and I think it was worth it, I loved The Ark of Truth.

If they were to release even Continuum on the big screen I would be nervous that it would go the way of Serenity. Not make enough and they would stop production all together. This MUCH less expensive format means that the movie can actually make money, thus getting us more movies!

Plus, DIRECT-to-DVD is nice because, unlike the Farscape mini-series, the first time I see it is when I OWN a copy! I don't have to see it on Sci-Fi and then wait to buy it. Perfect for someone as impatient as me!!
    That's a very sad comment because Serenity was an excellent piece of Sci-Fi cinema.

I had never seen an episode of Firefly and was just sucked into the story. I honestly thought it was only just a stand alone movie. It's too bad more arn't being made.

Why did I enlist during a time of war? Because I'm "Army Strong," not "Army Smart."

Forget this "Army of One" BS. I signed up to "Be all that I can be!"

Comment

I bought it and love it.

Not sure it would do as good if it came out in cinemas first.

Comment

Originally posted by SGTLopez View Post
        That's a very sad comment because Serenity was an excellent piece of Sci-Fi cinema.

I had never seen an episode of Firefly and was just sucked into the story. I honestly thought it was only just a stand alone movie. It's too bad more arn't being made.
        I was talking to a friend of mine about Serenity and she quite enjoyed it, and she had no idea Firefly even existed until I told her a while later.
        This time... it's war!

Comment

..yeah me too.
          i would love to see stargate in the theatre again, but not the final story to the SG1...
          maybe Continuum would be fit in the theatre more then AoT? I dont know. But I'll buy the dvds as soon as they out in germany...
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
            You make it sound as if they made The Ark Of Truth and then the decision to release it only on DVD came later. From the beginning this was a direct to DVD movie, the whole was to wrap up the Ori arc, this film was produced exclusively for the fans who wanted to see an ending to seasons 9 and 10, the reason there's no exposition is because it's not aimed at anyone else.
            Exactly. What a strange argument that was to make.
            Theoretically spoilerish:
            Spoiler:
            Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by KindlyKeller View Post
              Yeah, direct-to-DVD is definitely the way to go for the franchise. I didn't think "Ark of Truth" looked overly cinematic, but I thought it was great. If they can keep up the level of quality AND make it look more cinematic, then I'll be extremely happy.
              It wasn't overly cinematic, but there were some very cinematic shots, like when Teal'C was making his little march. The musical score also added to the cinematic feeling quite nicely.
              I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
                It wasn't overly cinematic, but there were some very cinematic shots, like when Teal'C was making his little march. The musical score also added to the cinematic feeling quite nicely.
                I couldn't agree more. On both counts.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

That scene really stood out to me because there has never really been anything like it in SG-1. I got a LotR:TT vibe from it.
                  I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

I love the idea of Direct-to-DVD movies for SG-1. I would like to see Stargate in theaters again, but I don't see that happening for several years.

I too did not find Ark of Truth to be a cinema quality movie, but part of that was simply because of the plot. You can't make a movie like that to wrap up a decade long TV show and have it worthy of the big screen while still doing justice to the plot and characters.

Comment

I would of went to the movies and paid the admission price to see this movie. But like others have pointed out in the thread that the movies are really ment for the stargate fans and not really for the wider audience.

i dont think the AOT would of stood up to well in cinemas, without knowing the story behind it (even with the prelude) the average joe would of been scratching there head. I think they did a brilliant job with just a 7 mill budget.

Also the direct-to-video ment i could own it sooner lol.
                      If i cant remember it, it didnt happen!

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
                        That scene really stood out to me because there has never really been anything like it in SG-1. I got a LotR:TT vibe from it.
                        Agreed.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                          Agreed.
                          Same here. That was a great moment to get to see.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                            Same here. That was a great moment to get to see.
                            Agreed. I get chills every time I see it.
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                            X