Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll be doing my part by buying AOT. And so is my Dad. And several of my friends are too.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

already seen it but am gonna buy it anyway, anyone who has a problem with that can tell some one who cares i won't buy a car without driving it, this attitude extends to all my non food purchases, works very well for me
      sigpic
      EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
      -Liberty Prime

Comment

Seen The movie online

Just preordered it about 30 seconds ago off amazon.

Dont like it?

here is a quarter

call someone who cares

Comment

I wonder if they'll do like with other movies, a simple DVD version with no extras, and a 2-disks collector's edition, with plenty of bonus..

And after Continuum is out, will they do a special pack with both Ark of Truth and Continuum.. which will be a better value to buy..
          Except that if everybody waits to have this double feature box set, they might think the lack of sales of AoT indicates Continuum would do bad as well..

Will Continuum be out whatever happens, or its fate can change depending on the sales of AoT?

Comment

Originally posted by Arga View Post
            I wonder if they'll do like with other movies, a simple DVD version with no extras, and a 2-disks collector's edition, with plenty of bonus..
            No need for special "collector's edition", as the basic one is packed with extras:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Sta...th-Extras/8676

Comment

Hey all... I’ve got a question I am hoping you’ll be willing to help me with; you see I have been a fan of SG1 from the very beginning and I bought all the seasons on DVD as they became available and now I see in the 10 season box set there are four additional discs full of bonus materials. Can you tell me how I can buy only those 4 additional discs? I’d be ever so grateful…. Blessings abound… or so I have found!

Thank you

Patricia Lee
              Patricia Lee

Comment

Only if you buy the full set, or find someone who has the set and ask them for a rip. Otherwise, no such luck of getting those extra's without the boxset.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Definitely kids, always buy the DVD!

Even if you have seen it, buy it to fund our show!

Comment

I have to repeat, buy the DVD films!
                    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                      I have to repeat, buy the DVD films!
                      When its released on Blu-Ray.

Comment

I pre-ordered mine on Amazon and actually got it on March 10th...1 full day early! I really enjoyed the movie and thought it was a great closure to the Ori story line.

I think with all the hype that I was expecting much more from the special effects and such...I did not feel that the quality was that much greater than the TV show. They also wasted a lot of minutes in the movie doing scenery shots with music playing along...I don't feel that those scenes made the movie more epic. Or maybe I am just used to watching Atlantis in HD now on SCIFI-HD...which looks amazing!

I think one other mistake was that new fans watching won't understand how powerful the Ori really were. It was almost too easy for Stargate Command to finish the job and destroy the Ori. They maybe should have revisited the strength that the Ori had behind them.

Also, even with the Odyssey's shields powered by a ZPM, there is no way that 4 Ori Ships wouldn't have destroyed it with continuous blasts. They were sitting ducks!

Even with those somewhat minor mistakes, the story was great and makes me sad to have to say goodbye to SG-1 yet again. I feel that the show came to its end right when the new cast really started to click together.

I hope every fan "Buys" and enjoys the movie....this is the only way to get them to make more for us!

Comment

Well here is my gist on the movie. I just watched it tonight.

First off I liked it but didn't think it beyond great or all the hype I have heard and was expecting. I don't see where they spent 8 million on the movie when a regular 1 hr tv ep cost 2 million per to film.

Bringing the replicators in to the storyline was weak and I feel only a filler and took away from the main objective the ORI,

I thought special effects were cool but not a whole lot of them, other than Adria on fire. Yes that effect was quite cool along with seeing their ship aproaching and pasting thru the super gate.

I do feel that they rushed the film and squeezed way to much condensed storyline into a 2 hr movie that could have really been a 2 part.

They wrapped it all up way to quick in my opinion :[

Overall I liked it but as with some of season 10's eps thought it left things lacking with weak writing in spots.

I really was annoyed with how the ancients were portrayed living in the mountain. I don't know if I missed something or were they unclear on the ancients, did they destroy everyone living in that mountain village when they exploded from the top of the mountain and took off? I feel that this was a VERY important part to establish more of the ancients and the ORI, how they gained so much more power than them...Lot left out.

I hope they do better in the next installment otherwise they should quit making dvds.

Believe me I love SG1 but felt a little let down on this DVD.

Comment

Originally posted by tanneth View Post
                            Well here is my gist on the movie. I just watched it tonight.

First off I liked it but didn't think it beyond great or all the hype I have heard and was expecting. I don't see where they spent 8 million on the movie when a regular 1 hr tv ep cost 2 million per to film.

Bringing the replicators in to the storyline was weak and I feel only a filler and took away from the main objective the ORI,

I thought special effects were cool but not a whole lot of them, other than Adria on fire. Yes that effect was quite cool along with seeing their ship aproaching and pasting thru the super gate.

I do feel that they rushed the film and squeezed way to much condensed storyline into a 2 hr movie that could have really been a 2 part.

They wrapped it all up way to quick in my opinion :[

Overall I liked it but as with some of season 10's eps thought it left things lacking with weak writing in spots.

I really was annoyed with how the ancients were portrayed living in the mountain. I don't know if I missed something or were they unclear on the ancients, did they destroy everyone living in that mountain village when they exploded from the top of the mountain and took off? I feel that this was a VERY important part to establish more of the ancients and the ORI, how they gained so much more power than them...Lot left out.

I hope they do better in the next installment otherwise they should quit making dvds.

Believe me I love SG1 but felt a little let down on this DVD.
                            I'm a self purported stupid jack @$$ for sg1/a but I must confess I totally agree with the above statement.

DAAAAAMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNN!

(what the phunk)wtp wtp wtp wtp wtp wtp wtp:-(

Comment

the leaked version was pretty good even with out the special effects and i intend on buying the dvd.

PS. when does the srk of truth come out on dvd in australia

Comment

Originally posted by BigRedMachine View Post
                                the leaked version was pretty good even with out the special effects and i intend on buying the dvd.

PS. when does the srk of truth come out on dvd in australia
                                I believe Australia is Region 4. If I am right, April 9.
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X