This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
    there are far more interesting topics than Jack's son. I wouldn't spend money to make a movie about Charlie. And who cares about him?
    not O'Neill, that's who!

Comment

I'm kind of surprised that there aren't at least 2 Charlie clones walking around...

You'd think Baal would be creative enough to clone Charlie, put him at the age he died at, and then implant him with a symbiote. And then just use him to try to drive the good general crazy.

You'd also think that Loki would've used Charlie's DNA to clone new Asgard bodies.
      sigpic
      "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
      ~David Hewlett

Comment

How would they get his DNA?

Comment

Originally posted by partly cloudy skies View Post
          you mean like as if he never was killed or something? I think it would be kind of weird, honestly. Just my own opinion, of course. Jack wouldn't be Jack without his son dying. He'd still be married to Sara.
          And he would never have gone on the first mission to abydos... Stargate as we know it would never happen... It's the grandfarther paradox cliche

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
            It would also undo 10 years worth of character development and change the events of the original movie as he wouldn't be so willing to accept a suicide mission if his son was still alive.
            I have posted this idea in other threads, as both an idea for a movie or for a mini-series ( and in the Jack Deserves a Happy Ending thread). The answer would be for Jack to use the Timeship to go back and save his son, but to do it in a way that does not greatly alter the time line. This means that he would have to let his past self still think that his son died.That way he he would still be suicidal enough for what he does in the first movie and the first few seasons. He could let present day Sara in on the whole thing (or she could be the one who covinces him ?) and the movie could end with the two of them getting back together.
            Last edited by Liam Kincaid; 25 November 2007, 08:21 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by Liam Kincaid View Post
              I have posted this idea in other threads, as both an idea for a movie or for a mini-series ( and in the Jack Deserves a Happy Ending thread). The answer would be for Jack to use the Timeship to go back and save his son, but to do it in a way that does not greatly alter the time line. This means that he would have to let his past self still think that his son died.That way he he would still be suicidal enough for what he does in the first movie and the first few seasons. He could let present day Sara in on the whole thing (or she could be the one who covinces him ?) and the movie could end with the two of them getting back together.
              I still don't like idea. besides I don't even want Jack to get back together with his ex-wife. what's past is past, let it rest
              sigpic
              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                I still don't like idea. besides I don't even want Jack to get back together with his ex-wife. what's past is past, let it rest
                It's like Vala said... "There’s nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can’t remake the past, so look ahead or risk being left behind..."

Time travel is more trouble than it's worth... and I think Jack would have realised that when he had the time-jumper, don't you think that going back to save HIS SON would have at least once crossed his mind???

Comment

That would be ridiculous and self-indulgent. If they can go back and save Charlie, why not every other person that has ever died? Martouf, the Tollan, Teal'C's wife, Sha're, Janet. Give me a break.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
                    That would be ridiculous and self-indulgent. If they can go back and save Charlie, why not every other person that has ever died? Martouf, the Tollan, Teal'C's wife, Sha're, Janet. Give me a break.
                    Teal'c liked Shau'nac better than his wife. And Vala would object to rescuing Sha're. I strongly doubt that the Tollan are extinct. At the very least, they probably had some delegates on the Nox homeworld, and at least some must have escaped.
                    sigpic
                    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                    ~David Hewlett

Comment

Working...
                    X