This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
    Its been said in the movie and the series that Ra discovered Earth. So unless you have some evidence that proves otherwise, you're just going to have to accept it as canon.
    Nothing from the movie can be considered SG-1 canon. For example, Ra being from a dying race. Nothing in the show has even hinted this to be true. Nothing from the show has proved or even stated that Ra was the first goa'uld to visit earth. So I will not accept guesses as canon. We do not know!!!

Comment

How about just a non-scifi movie of Jack in the Gulf! They'd have to dye his hair of course.

Comment

Originally posted by from_orion View Post
        I would love to see a movie made that takes place thousands of years ago, spanning from when the First One, James Earl Jones and the others of that type, find Earth through the stargate or with ships, and begin the use of humans as hosts. It would then cover the transplanting and creation of civilizations of human slaves throughout the galaxy. In my mind the logical end of this movie is the uprising on Earth that makes Ra leave. This part of the movie, to stay true with the Moebius Pt1&2 episodes of season 8, would have SG-1 and the Egyptian locals participating.
        Anyone with me here???
        Don't think a bunch of advanced aliens coming to Earth on ships & enslaving primitive humans with their spears would be worth wasting millions of dollars on making. The original movie kinda showed it already, as well as we know how it all ends thanks to 'Moebius'.

If they have to do one, it should be about tying up loose stories from SG-1. Such as the Aschen, Re'tu, 'Grace aliens', 'Foothold aliens', 'Crystal Skull aliens' etc, etc. Since the show will never be back on the air again, then it's smarter to tie up loose stories from the show that have been left open.

One about the alliance would be cool, but it would simply cost too much. I don't think it'd sell too well if they brought puppets, humans with straw in their hair, regular humans & whatever the Furlings are. Probably humans with hair or reptile skin on them or whatever. Then have them sit about & talk for 90mins. SG-1 is about aliens, fights, explosions etc. So they could do a big story of how the alliance all broke up. With the Furlings being the bad guys. However to do all that properly, I think the budget would go crazy & far too much for what MGM would be willing to pay.

So tying up loose ends from SG-1's time would be better & more realistic imo!

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Watson View Post
          How about just a non-scifi movie of Jack in the Gulf! They'd have to dye his hair of course.
          RDA wouldn't even have to be cast in the film, they could just peice together a bunch of macgyver clips... lol

Comment

Originally posted by from_orion View Post
            RDA wouldn't even have to be cast in the film, they could just peice together a bunch of macgyver clips... lol
            There you go! With that, and flashbacks from SG-1 we would be in business.

I've always hoped some intrepid young chap would try to splice together clips from SG-1 to remake the original movie to make it fit better. But that would be a lot of work and probably be terrible.

Comment

Working...
            X