Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HOw can there be a sequel to Stargate without interfearing with mythology of SG-1/SGA

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm glad that my original thread started other threads on the supposed to be movies, but everyone is giving Dean Devlin all the credit, but it was co-written and directed by Roland Emmerich, saw something that he wrote the basis of Stargate when he was in college in the early 70s.

in the series if it ever got done, it would branch off what would have happened if sg-1 would never have formed, remember they formed only when apophis attacked through the stargate in the beginning of the pilot, that would never have happened.

it's just an interesting idea, in the original thread i started, i read on what Emmerich said in an interview, he talked to Kurt Russell and James Spader and they both still wanted to do a sequel. i thought it would be interesting if it happened to see how it was gonna be, like in an alternate universe.

but it will never happen cause of sg-1 and atlantis.
    Last edited by Nitegate; 05 November 2007, 12:26 PM.

Comment

I kind of doubt that these sequels will see the light of day too.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I don't care if Devlin's the best Film creator ever, there's no way he could produce a mythology in even 5 feature-length blockbusters that could rival 5 seasons of successful television, well actually 8, but still...
        sigpic
        "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
        ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
          If they were made, I'd probably see them. Just out of curiosity.
          Same here..

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
          Canon is very important, because I think in people's eyes there is always the chance SG1 (if the movies were done) could be relegated to the status of Stargate: Infinity. I don't think that a lot of fans would like to accept that after 10 years SG1's influence on the Stargate continuity and canon would mean nothing.

Despite my belief that SG1 has always been it's own seperate continuity, the original movie and the original show (plus the stuff that came later) still makes up the official canon. Stargate SG1/Atantis/SG1's movies would end up becoming unoffical and I think that's something fans would have an issue with.
          Just like how according to Lucas arts, Episodes 1-3 are canon, but some of what transpired in 1-3 seems to contradict Ep4-6 (like the clones of jango and the stormtroopers, etc)..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            Same here..

Just like how according to Lucas arts, Episodes 1-3 are canon, but some of what transpired in 1-3 seems to contradict Ep4-6 (like the clones of jango and the stormtroopers, etc)..
            Not really.

It's quite possible that once the Clone Wars were over and the Empire was in place, clones were replaced with normal humans. Episode 3 ended giving us the impression that most worlds accepted the Empire and that it was only a few worlds (as seen in the deleted scenes of episode 3) that were taking part in an active anti-palpatine role and in the future creation of the Rebel Alliance.

It's probably something that will be sorted out in Star Wars TV as it will take place (spanning 100 episodes) between Episodes 3 & 4. I would expect us to see more of the anti-Jedi/Pro-Empire propogranda to appear and the slow withdraw of Clone Troopers and the creation of Stormtroopers.

The actor who played Jango redubbed Boba's voice in the special edition DVDs but he didn't redub the Stormtroopers so clones were eventually phased out.

sigpic

Comment

The original Stargate movie wasn't that successesfull at the box office at the time that's why no sequels where were made right after. The franchise owns its success to Robert C. Cooper and Brad Wright for making the TV shows. Now of course seeing the success of the franchise Mr. Devlin want's to make sequels for the original movie. A little to late like 12 years to late to think about it now. Of course Dean Devlin is the one that started the franchise but aparently he didn't care about it that much otherwise he would have done the sequels long time ago. Trying to come back now to make the sequels is just an attempt to make money on the popularity of the frachise. He will make more good if he puts the budget money for the sequels he's planing in future sg1 movies.
              sigpic

Comment

It would be very strange to see the sequels. I read the books that followed the movie and it plays out much differently, imho, than the series played out.
                I'm with MGM, the franchise is fine as it is.
                I want Spoilers! Lots and lots of spoilers!
                I want the film in the can.
                I want Spoilers! Lots and lots of spoilers!
                So don't be asking me why.

I wanna be spoiled!

Comment

Working...
                X