Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm so glad that Carter's getting promoted, she definitely deserves it. I really hope that Mitchell doesn't get promoted along with her (and I'm pretty sure he won't) as I've always felt that SG1 needed/needs a proper chain of command like they had for the first 8 years. Granted, this could also be achieved by Mitchell being promoted instead of Carter but that would just be wrong as Mitchell's ok but Carter's a much better soldier and leader, IMO.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
      I'm so glad that Carter's getting promoted, she definitely deserves it. I really hope that Mitchell doesn't get promoted along with her (and I'm pretty sure he won't) as I've always felt that SG1 needed/needs a proper chain of command like they had for the first 8 years. Granted, this could also be achieved by Mitchell being promoted instead of Carter but that would just be wrong as Carter's a much better soldier and leader, IMO.
      Considering Carter, like Daniel, Teal'c and Jack, is an original main character from Stargate SG-1, I think we'll probably see her in other movies, should MGM decide to go the Bond route and do more beyond Continuum.

I would be very surprised if Mitchell isn't promoted along with Carter by the beginning of AoT. They've pretty much been equals for two years, and I really don't see Cooper & Co. choosing one over the other at this point. In for a penny, and all that jazz...

SG-1's chain of command became the heaving, sweating elephant in the room. But Atlantis is only hers. And I'm OK with that.

Comment

I'm so glad that Carter's getting promoted, she definitely deserves it. I really hope that Mitchell doesn't get promoted along with her (and I'm pretty sure he won't) as I've always felt that SG1 needed/needs a proper chain of command like they had for the first 8 years. Granted, this could also be achieved by Mitchell being promoted instead of Carter but that would just be wrong as Mitchell's ok but Carter's a much better soldier and leader, IMO.
        That is so funny! Carter couldn't lead the team out of a wet paper bag! Mitchell is the leader of SG1, if not him then Daniel, or Teal'c or Vala, or Elmo, anyone but Crapter!!!!!!
        sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

If there's an Atlantis movie after S4 or S5, maybe Carter will be in it.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
            Considering Carter, like Daniel, Teal'c and Jack, is an original main character from Stargate SG-1, I think we'll probably see her in other movies, should MGM decide to go the Bond route and do more beyond Continuum.

I would be very surprised if Mitchell isn't promoted along with Carter by the beginning of AoT. They've pretty much been equals for two years, and I really don't see Cooper & Co. choosing one over the other at this point. In for a penny, and all that jazz...

SG-1's chain of command became the heaving, sweating elephant in the room. But Atlantis is only hers. And I'm OK with that.
            yeah I agree... I have a feeling they will promote Mitchell along with Carter. That way they both remain co-leaders of SG-1... I don't think they will ever resolve that issue. And Certainly if there are more movies for SG-1 Carter would be there. She was mentioned in the original movie and part of the franchise for 10 years. I can't imagine future movies without any of the the main cast... which includes Carter!

Comment

If there's an Atlantis movie after S4 or S5, maybe Carter will be in it.
              Oh god, let's hope not!!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
                yeah I agree... I have a feeling they will promote Mitchell along with Carter. That way they both remain co-leaders of SG-1... I don't think they will ever resolve that issue. And Certainly if there are more movies for SG-1 Carter would be there. She was mentioned in the original movie and part of the franchise for 10 years. I can't imagine future movies without any of the the main cast... which includes Carter!
                There is no issue, Mitchell is the leader, there is no co-leadership.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                  There is no issue, Mitchell is the leader, there is no co-leadership.
                  It's been said in the show and by TPTB that Carter and Mitchell co-lead SG1. He can't give her orders anymore than she can.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

Source? I've never heard any mention of a co leadership in the show...

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                      Source? I've never heard any mention of a co leadership in the show...
                      Mitchell tells Landry in the hall at the SGC... That he and Sam are the same rank, Teal'c is an alien, Jackson is a doctor so there is no one giving order or to give orders too... something along those lines... I'll watch it again and let you know what he said exactly. But from what I gather they are the same rank so neither will tell the other what to do. This isn't the leadership thread and I certainly don't want to start that up again... I only meant that the same relationship in the show will carry over into the movie...

I just watched part of my DVD's last night.. Sorry I can't remember which episode he said that in....that's what I get for watching a couple of them in one night. It may be Insiders and I know it was brought up during Counterstrike with Landry and Cam at Jack's cabin...
                      Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 01 August 2007, 05:43 PM.

Comment

It's been said in the show and by TPTB that Carter and Mitchell co-lead SG1. He can't give her orders anymore than she can.
                        Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
                        Mitchell tells Landry in the hall at the SGC... That he and Sam are the same rank, Teal'c is an alien, Jackson is a doctor so there is no one giving order or to give orders too... something along those lines... I'll watch it again and let you know what he said exactly. But from what I gather they are the same rank so neither will tell the other what to do. This isn't the leadership thread and I certainly don't want to start that up again... I only meant that the same relationship in the show will carry over into the movie...

I just watched part of my DVD's last night.. Sorry I can't remember which episode he said that in....that's what I get for watching a couple of them in one night. It may be Insiders and I know it was brought up during Counterstrike with Landry and Cam at Jack's cabin...
                        Mitchell isn't the leader of SG-1 de jure, but he sure acts like he's the leader of Sg-1 de facto...

Comment

I really think that if there are more than two movies Sam will not be in them. If Atlantis continues for a fifth season no doubt she will stay there and if there is any form of resolution to the supposed J/S ship stuff then she will no doubt be retired or maybe a civillian. I think the characters arc will be well and truly over.

Carter must be coming up to retirement age by now, from the front line. Maybe if she is in any future movies there may be a brief scene or two of her in a lab somewhere. Time to leave the running around and action stuff to the youngsters! It was getting pretty silly showing a man of Jack's age still out in the field by season seven, and they made the right choice to put him behind a desk. I can see them doing something similar with Carter, I guess they already have by giving her Weir's old job, come to think of it.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
                            I really think that if there are more than two movies Sam will not be in them. If Atlantis continues for a fifth season no doubt she will stay there and if there is any form of resolution to the supposed J/S ship stuff then she will no doubt be retired or maybe a civillian. I think the characters arc will be well and truly over.

Carter must be coming up to retirement age by now, from the front line. Maybe if she is in any future movies there may be a brief scene or two of her in a lab somewhere. Time to leave the running around and action stuff to the youngsters! It was getting pretty silly showing a man of Jack's age still out in the field by season seven, and they made the right choice to put him behind a desk. I can see them doing something similar with Carter, I guess they already have by giving her Weir's old job, come to think of it.
                            You're right. Carter's too old for SG-1.

As for arcs ending... Well, it looks like they're somewhat closing the Ori storyline in The AoT. If Daniel, Vala and Sam's arcs are over, then the movies will probably give them all a chance to tackle something new. Hopefully it's a more tangible villain this time.

Comment

You're right. Carter's too old for SG-1.

As for arcs ending... Well, it looks like they're somewhat closing the Ori storyline in The AoT. If Daniel, Vala and Sam's arcs are over, then the movies will probably give them all a chance to tackle something new. Hopefully it's a more tangible villain this time.
                              I don't know I quite like the Ori, I find them very sinister. After all they have gone the false god route, the parasite route, the evil humanoid route, and the robot route I'm not sure what there is left to explore when it comes to villians.

Now they could leave Carter as head of Atlantis and send Daniel,Teal'c, Mitchell and Vala out into the universe exploring. You don't always need a big bad enemy to make a good movie.

If you have interesting characters, played by exceptional actors, people will watch. And they have that in spades with that quartet!
                              sigpic

Comment

Keep your personal snark fests and bicker fests out of the thread. It's off topic.

Anyone sees anymore OT posts, please report them
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X