No announcement yet.

Third SG-1 movie ("Stargate Revolution") Ship Free hopes/speculation/ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What if Baal's host turns out to be just as evil as Baal was? I think up until now all the hosts that have become free have resented being a host to a Goa'uld. (Examples- VALA, SKAARA, SARAH)
    Both Baal and his host could have work together on some kind of backup plan. His host knows everything that Baal knows and Star Gate Command does not see him as a threat.
    The Gate Walker

Comment

Ba'al's host won't survive very long without his Goa'uld as seen what happend to Apophis when he lost the Goa'uld in The Serpent's Song
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        Disclosing the Stargate program doesn' mean the military rules for jack and sam changes
        i know. but it's not stopping them being together *now*, even with him being a general.
        sally

sigpic

Comment

To live in the world of delusions that is jack/sam shipping
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Watch it.

Comment

Ba'al's host won't survive very long without his Goa'uld as seen what happend to Apophis when he lost the Goa'uld in The Serpent's Song
              Actually, he could. Remember, the Ba'al that was extracted was a clone, as was his host - he isn't thousands of years old like Apophis' host, he's three.
              Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig View Post
                Actually, he could. Remember, the Ba'al that was extracted was a clone, as was his host - he isn't thousands of years old like Apophis' host, he's three.
                lol for some reason that sounds funny.

However, I think I'm gonna have to disagree (although they'll use your idea on the show ), because the Ba'al clones, symbiotes and hosts, were genetically identical to the orginal, they should suffere the same fate as Apophis...
                Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
                  It wasn't meant as an insult, just for his health. Did you notice the non-action he did in Continuum because of the weight gain? Don't get me wrong I loved him in the show but I'd rather not see an actor risk his health to play a role.
                  I have no idea where you got the information that his non-action scenes were due to his weight gain. First of all, his part in the movie was very small, and that would have been the case even if he had been 30 pounds lighter at the time; I can't see that they would have written that part any differently, regardless of his size.

As for not wanting to see an actor risk his health to play a role....many actors due it by wanting to do as many of their own stunts as possible. RDA certainly did many of his own action scenes in MacGyver, which later affected his health adversely, so any concern at this juncture that you don't want to see him risk his health due to his "weight" doesn't seem to be consistent with concerns for him in the past.

He's very aware of his weight gain and I have no doubt that if the 3rd movie features more of O'Neill than did "Continuum," RDA will have worked hard to lose the extra weight by the time filming starts. As for action hero, we're not talking Rambo type stuff here – Jack O'Neill was never that kind of character from the beginning. Jack can certainly still carry and shoot his P-90 and walk up hills. And since he knows about 10 different ways to kill someone with his bare hands, I'd say he can still provide fans with more than enough action – certainly this fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                    I have no idea where you got the information that his non-action scenes were due to his weight gain. First of all, his part in the movie was very small, and that would have been the case even if he had been 30 pounds lighter at the time; I can't see that they would have written that part any differently, regardless of his size.

As for not wanting to see an actor risk his health to play a role....many actors due it by wanting to do as many of their own stunts as possible. RDA certainly did many of his own action scenes in MacGyver, which later affected his health adversely, so any concern at this juncture that you don't want to see him risk his health due to his "weight" doesn't seem to be consistent with concerns for him in the past.

He's very aware of his weight gain and I have no doubt that if the 3rd movie features more of O'Neill than did "Continuum," RDA will have worked hard to lose the extra weight by the time filming starts. As for action hero, we're not talking Rambo type stuff here – Jack O'Neill was never that kind of character from the beginning. Jack can certainly still carry and shoot his P-90 and walk up hills. And since he knows about 10 different ways to kill someone with his bare hands, I'd say he can still provide fans with more than enough action – certainly this fan.
                    Exactly! Let's take my favorite episode (which IMHO wipes the floor with both AoT and Continuum) Lost City: I can see RDA doing all the things he did in it even with the little weight gain! The fact that he had no action scenes in Continuum is because he had almost no scenes in it...

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
                      However, I think I'm gonna have to disagree (although they'll use your idea on the show ), because the Ba'al clones, symbiotes and hosts, were genetically identical to the orginal, they should suffere the same fate as Apophis...
                      Genetically identical, yes, but considerably younger. The reason you can't tell the difference is that the original was kept young by his symbiote. The clones, however, wouldn't need to be artificially kept young, in fact, they'd have to be artificially aged somehow.
                      Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

It's been a while since I've watched Serpent's Song, but I thought Apophis' host died because he and Apophis had been tortured by Sokar.

Baal's host wasn't tortured by the Tok'ra, so I think he'd have as good a chance of surviving as Vala did after Quetesh was removed.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                          It's been a while since I've watched Serpent's Song, but I thought Apophis' host died because he and Apophis had been tortured by Sokar. Baal's host wasn't tortured by the Tok'ra, so I think he'd have as good a chance of surviving as Vala did after Quetesh was removed.
                          Thats why the symbiote was dying. Also if you rewatch of Summit, the hosts of the System Lords are too damanged to survive without their snake.
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
                            Exactly! Let's take my favorite episode (which IMHO wipes the floor with both AoT and Continuum) Lost City: I can see RDA doing all the things he did in it even with the little weight gain! The fact that he had no action scenes in Continuum is because he had almost no scenes in it...
                            And if I recall correctly, none of the rest of the cast had much of anything physical to do beyond walking - no running, chasing, fighting. The most action took place in the F-15s and in Ba'al's fortress when they were trying to reset the machine to send them back in time. And a firefight didn't require much running around.

Comment

If TPTB want to RDA to play a bigger role in the 3rd movie w/more action sequences I'm sure they'll let him know in advance. Giving him time to slim down a bit. That's if he accepts it.

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                                It's been a while since I've watched Serpent's Song, but I thought Apophis' host died because he and Apophis had been tortured by Sokar.

Baal's host wasn't tortured by the Tok'ra, so I think he'd have as good a chance of surviving as Vala did after Quetesh was removed.
                                Vala was only host to Quetesh for like 4 years (?), or another short period, hence her body hadn't become reliant on the symbiote to keep it young
                                Meh.

Comment

Working...
                                X