Third SG-1 movie ("Stargate Revolution") Ship Free hopes/speculation/ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ladyinred View Post
    Actually the "mini-series", which for me is absolutely the best part of season 9 presents the adventures of the very original team - Vala, Daniel, Mitchell and Teal'c. And IMO this particular team is the best one!
    Vala wasn't part of the team until S10 (how come I know this fact when I noyl watched it once and you don't???)

Comment

Folks, let's keep the continuum stuff to that thread please.

This is for YOUR personal hopes for a third movie, might it happen. It's not the place for in depth discussions of what's happened in the others
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
        Vala wasn't part of the team until S10
        Dak day that it was...
        Meh.

Comment

Vala wasn't part of the team until S10 (how come I know this fact when I noyl watched it once and you don't???)
          Re-watch episodes 1-5 of season 9 and then we can talk again... And my hope for not necessarily third movie, 'cause this one is already doomed to be something completely different, is to see this kind of relationship and adventures of this particular group of people as in these episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ladyinred View Post
            Re-watch episodes 1-5 of season 9 and then we can talk again... And my hope for not necessarily third movie, 'cause this one is already doomed to be something completely different, is to see this kind of relationship and adventures of this particular group of people as in these episodes.
            Vala was not part of the team in Season 9.
            Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
              BW will want a film when he can get them all, scheduling 3 weeks worth of shooting will be a piece of piss, especially given how committed they all seem to be to the franchise.
              The original team have all slowly moved onto other things and how will they react to getting the "old" team back together now Don's dead?

I think the way forward is to realise that Jacks getting on a bit now, Sam's been over to Atlantis (how would this effect SG1, new team member perhaps) and that its time maybe the team itself realises there getting old and maybe its time to slow down, Teal'c has aged a few years (Unending) the Gouald are gone and his people are free so his reasons for being in SG1 are sorted, Daniel has already lost his wife etc etc, whats actually holding the team together from the start of the TV show?

The third film should have a nice crossover from the old team to the new team..
              Fair enough with Cam, he's still young enough to pull it off.
              Daniel and Vala could get it on and bugger off somewhere so Daniel could do his archiology thing with her, you know, he's been doing this for 10 years, his wifes dead, his Father in law and brother in law have ascended, invite Jack/Teal'c over for some fishing or something (maybe Vala's preggers again), Daniel find's something interesting, they contact SGC, SG1 turn up (different team, still lead by Cam), with Carter (not part of SG1 but just into the science thing now since leaving SGA).
              Fill big bits of plot in, maybe something to do with the Asgards original Galaxy and the Furlings (do we know which Galaxy they come from, maybe the same one as the Asgard), anyway, something goes wrong, jack saves the day, ascends, everyone thinks he's dead but whatever this new thing is requires a new team and traveling outside of the known SG-Universe so they cant get back (similar to the original SGA thing, extra chevrons, more power etc etc) so it cant be done every week.
              Hows that for a quick 5 minute idea?

Cam still leads SG1
              Jack "dies"
              Daniel and Vala, leave SG1 and just float off around the galaxy doing stuff
              Carter leaves SGC due to the Jack thing, his death kinda makes her realise that he wasnt going to be around forever and that she really shuold have some sort of life now she's alone as it were.
              Something interesting found leading to spin off series.
              Spin off doesnt involve SG1 directly but as SG1 still exist there's always room to backtrack if needed..

Comment

The third film will be about.......who's available!

Comment

Originally posted by david2708 View Post
                  The third film will be about.......who's available!
                  Well, I think availability shouldn't really be a problem as:

RDA is available (advantages of semi-retirement).
                  AT said she would definitely make herself available even though she has Sanctuary.
                  MS/CJ have Rage of Angels but from Comic Con MS made it sound as though he had sufficient time off from it as he could do some filming for another show (Burn Office?) so I think they'd be available.
                  BB said he's auditioning right now, so given that he doesn't find permanent work hopefully he'd be available.
                  I'm currently not sure about what CB has going on but I do know that she just had a child (second?) so if that's her only responsibility at the time of filming I'm sure she'd be available as well as her child would be about 2 or so then.

That covers the big main cast and them (or most of them) are available then the third movie should be great.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

a cool movie would be ;

SG-1 Goes Atlantis

Comment

Originally posted by Jill_Ion View Post
                      Well, we usually didn't get a lot of deep introspection from Vala - wasn't her style, so it may have seemed a little out of character. Over-acted? Personal call.
                      Agreed.

If they went public, do you think they should use footage from the episode Heroes documentary?
                      The problem is that the movies are filmed in HD while the series wasn't until season 8, but maybe the difference in quality would make the documentary seem more real?
                      That was my question, but you answered it. Actually, there might be footage we haven't seen floating around that might be interesting, as a way to look at an old story from a new angle, as it were. Or to use as flashbacks, like the memories from Upgrades that no one saw until Divide and Conquer.

If they use old footage as part of a memory or dream sequence they could probably use some kind of cool special effect, like the documentary effect you mentioned.

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
                      Well, I think availability shouldn't really be a problem as:

RDA is available (advantages of semi-retirement).
                      AT said she would definitely make herself available even though she has Sanctuary.
                      MS/CJ have Rage of Angels but from Comic Con MS made it sound as though he had sufficient time off from it as he could do some filming for another show (Burn Office?) so I think they'd be available.
                      BB said he's auditioning right now, so given that he doesn't find permanent work hopefully he'd be available.
                      I'm currently not sure about what CB has going on but I do know that she just had a child (second?) so if that's her only responsibility at the time of filming I'm sure she'd be available as well as her child would be about 2 or so then.

That covers the big main cast and them (or most of them) are available then the third movie should be great.
                      That's Burn Notice, it's the only thing i currently watch. But I'll never buy the DVDs like I did for SG-1.

I don't know how much the actors are paid for the movies, but hopefully since the first two have done so well, they'll make it worth their while. Isn't that one of the things the SAG was supposed to address in the new labor contract with the studios? I hope there isn't another strike, they're already behind on making these movies since they held up the release of the first two.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                        a cool movie would be ;

SG-1 Goes Atlantis
                        Oh no.....

Comment

I think a cool third movie would have to include Jack. Even if its a relatively minor role as head of sgc again that would be fine. The mirror universe episodes always worked very well and of course you can get away with using some new or dead characters so thats a bonus.
                          Personally I would like to see the asgard storyline resurrected as I genuinely dont think such an advanced race would have simply petered out like that. If im honest I thought that ending was really bad. Anyway, as long as the main guys are in it im sure it will be good.
                          At least 1 a year is necessary to keep me in good spirits, how likely is that?

Comment

Chris Judge let's slip, new Stargate movie filming in January perhaps?...

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/55749...m/Product.html

Comment

Nice find! That's great!!
                              Somehow, I think they'll still let Chris be in the movie.

Comment

He could be just yanking our chain/ on the plus side I'm sure Sanctuary doesn't film in January...hint, hint

Comment

Working...
                                X