No announcement yet.

Third SG-1 movie ("Stargate Revolution") Ship Free hopes/speculation/ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd think they could use these movies to tie up old story-arcs. The Aschen, the Grace-aliens, Retu and etc.
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
      I'd think they could use these movies to tie up old story-arcs. The Aschen, the Grace-aliens, Retu and etc.
      That would be brilliant!

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

You call that a story arc?!? Just one ep, and booooring too....
        sigpic
        Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
          That would be brilliant!
          Also the aliens from "Spirits"

Originally posted by madaboutdanny View Post
          You call that a story arc?!? Just one ep, and booooring too....
          Yes, but they can delve into it; all of these stories are great for stand-alone movies...

Comment

Would be awesome to see the stargate go public not that it will ever happen...but would make for an interesting story. Maybe a big leak happens or something.

Comment

Having now seen 'moving pictures' of Jack in Continuum I have to say, as much as I love Jack, if tptb make him the main character in the third movie I for one will not be watching it.

Add two or more years to the character and I really don't want to see what happens to him. I want to remember the Jack from the series.

I know I am in the minority here and this is not going to be anywhere close to a popular comment but...Jack got old. And that's fine, it happens to all of us. Speaking only for myself I would prefer to remember him in his prime.
              sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Meh, your loss.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                  Meh, your loss.

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
                    Having now seen 'moving pictures' of Jack in Continuum I have to say, as much as I love Jack, if tptb make him the main character in the third movie I for one will not be watching it.

Add two or more years to the character and I really don't want to see what happens to him. I want to remember the Jack from the series.

I know I am in the minority here and this is not going to be anywhere close to a popular comment but...Jack got old. And that's fine, it happens to all of us. Speaking only for myself I would prefer to remember him in his prime.
                    I agree with you.....I like Jack and Jack/Daniel, but it's been a shock to see him so old...even if I liked the Continuum trailer about him, to see J/D together is always good.
                    sigpic
                    Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

Yeah, I agree with those who are more meh about Jack. I'm tired of the flip comments, and he does not look that great to me. Sorry, but I miss the thinner and hotter Jack who seemed to have some intelligence.

Comment

Originally posted by madaboutdanny View Post
                        I agree with you.....I like Jack and Jack/Daniel, but it's been a shock to see him so old...even if I liked the Continuum trailer about him, to see J/D together is always good.
                        Yes, it's great to see Jack and Daniel back together again but like you I was shocked by Jack. His voice is weak and he looks puffy in the face and just - old. I almost cried as I was watching the little trailer.
                        sigpic

Comment

I have to say that I'm quite appalled at the people who don't want Jack in the movies because of the way he (RDA) looks...that in my opinion is rather shallow. If the reasons behind not wanting him there are because you didn't like the character or an aspect of the character that's fair enough but to say that he 'looks too old or fat' to play Jack is pretty disheartening. RDA is a wonderful man and looks fantastic to a lot of people even if not to others. I think he's an amazing actor who plays Jack O'Neill brilliantly and is still a integral part of this franchise.

Let's put it this way, David Hewlett (Mckay) and David Nykl (Zelenka) do not have what you would call 'cliche superstar good looks' and carry a few extra pounds but does that mean that they shouldn't be playing their respective characters on SGA? No, because they are both fantastic at what they do.

So I really think that people should lay off with their 'he shouldn't be there because he looks too old' etc comments because it's not the way you look but what you can do that counts...and RDA can act just as well, if not better, than any other actor in the Stargate franchise.

And looks pretty darn good to me.

Comment

Originally posted by ShardsofGlass View Post
                            Yeah, I agree with those who are more meh about Jack. I'm tired of the flip comments, and he does not look that great to me. Sorry, but I miss the thinner and hotter Jack who seemed to have some intelligence.
                            Yes, after watching the trailer I stuck a dvd in and watched a random episode, it happened to be The Fifth Man - Jack was magnificent. Brave, strong, intelligent and very hot!

I want to remember him like that, not as a shadow of his former self.

It's not just because he looks old, or a little on the puffy side, it's because that just isn't Jack to me. I honestly think from the bottom of my heart that it's time for Jack to step aside, let him retire and ride off into the sunset, where he can live on in our memories or ff as the Jack O'Neill we know and love.
                            Last edited by flynn1959; 25 June 2008, 01:54 PM. Reason: To add something.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
                              I have to say that I'm quite appalled at the people who don't want Jack in the movies because of the way he (RDA) looks...that in my opinion is rather shallow. If the reasons behind not wanting him there are because you didn't like the character or an aspect of the character that's fair enough but to say that he 'looks too old or fat' to play Jack is pretty disheartening. RDA is a wonderful man and looks fantastic to a lot of people even if not to others. I think he's an amazing actor who plays Jack O'Neill brilliantly and is still a integral part of this franchise.

Let's put it this way, David Hewlett (Mckay) and David Nykl (Zelenka) do not have what you would call 'cliche superstar good looks' and carry a few extra pounds but does that mean that they shouldn't be playing their respective characters on SGA? No, because they are both fantastic at what they do.

So I really think that people should lay off with their 'he shouldn't be there because he looks too old' etc comments because it's not the way you look but what you can do that counts...and RDA can act just as well, if not better, than any other actor in the Stargate franchise.

And looks pretty darn good to me.
                              It's more about age for me and what kind of franchise this is it is an action adventure franchise not a dialog drama franchise. I just watched another interview with BW about Continuum and he is too far in the forrest to see the trees when it comes to RDA because if he wants the third move to be Jack centric he is missing the point RDA can't be the star anymore it's 2008 not 1997 when they first started. RDA can't be wall to wall anymore in SG he just can't. He needs to take off the rose colored glasses because even in the series toward the end RDA wasn't doing the same things he did in the beginning. Both David Hewlett (Mckay) and David Nykl (Zelenka) are how they have always been they were not action stars RDA was and he isn't anymore. William Shatner had to learn the hard way too do you want that for RDA?
                              sigpic
                              My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                              poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                                It's more about age for me and what kind of franchise this is it is an action adventure franchise not a dialog drama franchise. I just watched another interview with BW about Continuum and he is too far in the forrest to see the trees when it comes to RDA because if he wants the third move to be Jack centric he is missing the point RDA can't be the star anymore it's 2008 not 1997 when they first started. RDA can't be wall to wall anymore in SG he just can't. He needs to take off the rose colored glasses because even in the series toward the end RDA wasn't doing the same things he did in the beginning. Both David Hewlett (Mckay) and David Nykl (Zelenka) are how they have always been they were not action stars RDA was and he isn't anymore. William Shatner had to learn the hard way too do you want that for RDA?
                                Exactly. You hit the nail on the head there...characters evolve and grow. He doesn't have to be in the thick of it all the time, just some of the time. I'm sure RDA is still more than capable of doing some great action sequences (Reckoning, Macgyver/Mastercard advert, The Return). And action-adventure franchise? Are you kidding me, that is just one aspect of Stargate. Eg. AoT - subplot A, the D/V/Ori arc had no action adventure at all...zilch, nada - that's what subplot B was for (the Cam/Replicator fight). Subplot A was dialogue drama and if I seem to recall correctly you were quite happy with that aspect of movie as were others apparently as the movie happened to sell quite well.

And Jack-centric would mean that the plot is associated with the Jack character but that doesn't mean he has to be in every scene. Take, AoT again - the Ori storyline was centred around the characters of Daniel and Vala, however I'd say Cam got just as much screentime as the two of them did. TPTB know that you can't just have an SG movie centred around two/one character(s), it's a team based franchise. Plus, in my opinion BW is far better at doing team stories, so I'm sure that the third movie will have a lot of the team in it as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X