No announcement yet.

Third SG-1 movie ("Stargate Revolution") Ship Free hopes/speculation/ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the record, I have no problem with Daniel/Vala either. I would love to see an entire series about those two.
    Ahhhh! Noooooooo! *runs wildly in circles, hands waving*

Maybe the third movie will be a theatrical release? I wouldn't put money on it just yet, but it does seem like a lot of people are saying the same things... Maybe this is why it is taking so long for news to come out? If they managed to do it for both old and new audiences like they apparently have with Continuum, then it could be a success.
    That would be fantastic, but I don't see it happening with the folks that made the original movie planning on 2 sequels (with the original cast) to it that don't relate to SG-1, or the canon there.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
      people argue about S/J and you're suggesting that there's even more evidence for J/D?

People already argue about all of the supposed pairings, J/D included. And it's not just my suggestion, J/D is huge. That particular pairing has a massive following and I just think it would be fun for them to go with it in the third movie. I don't think there is a snowballs chance in he** mind you, but still, one can dream.
      sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
        People already argue about all of the supposed pairings, J/D included. And it's not just my suggestion, J/D is huge. That particular pairing has a massive following and I just think it would be fun for them to go with it in the third movie. I don't think there is a snowballs chance in he** mind you, but still, one can dream.
        Of course J/D is huge. Their slash thread is the most viewed one here at GW!

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
          Ah...we may be small, but we're very loyal......

*whispers*.....plus we're too busy doing other things elsewhere in the slash fandom online to be posting much on Gateworld....

Edited to add: the J/D fandom is still pretty active elsewhere on the net...and I'd also like to add that Gateworld is a PG forum and much of my dealings with J/D slash has been waaay beyond PG, so out of respect to Darren and the GW posters I try to abide by those rules if at all possible...henceforth if I want to talk in detail about it I go elsewhere...

As for it in a third movie?....nah doesn't bother me one way or another....I just look for a "rollocking good yarn" which can hold my attention for an hour and half....good story, good acting and a bit of fun is all I'm after...after all, it's only entertainment, not life and death....

Deeds xx
          Last edited by discodiva; 20 June 2008, 02:58 AM.
          sigpic
          Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
          MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
            Oh it's huge everywhere else, trust me. This isn't really the right place for it. Then again this board does allow same sex shipping so why not slash?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
              Yes, of course I do. Jack and Daniel are the two original characters from the movie, they have history to burn. And I have always seen something deeper between them. Even the actors played up that aspect of the characters. I could really see J/D in a relationship, not that I think we ever will on Stargate. I don't think they would ever go there. On the many shows that have given us same sex relationship characters I think it has worked well. I adore Torchwood in particular.

Even on SG1 there have been nods in the direction if you are wearing ship glasses. Jack invades Daniel's personal space so often that to a casual viewer it might almost seem as if they are already a couple. It seems to be accepted that they can speak for each other. It was, after all, on Jack's say so that they let Daniel die in Meridian when Jacob was trying to heal him. No one questioned his ability to speak for Daniel at all.

I have no problem with gay couples, they have as much right to happiness as anyone. I think it would add another dimention to the next movie, but with the current ptb I think we have more chance of seeing Jack run away with an Unas!
              Why on Earth do two males having a close relationship mean it has to be gay! They have shared 10 years of their life together - that is nearly a quarter of Daniel's life (assuming he is the same approx age as Michael Shanks). They have saved each other's lives. Daniel got Jack Home.

If there was any relationship I'd have said Jack and Sam - there was equally a deep relationship between the two of them

Torchwood has been ruined at times by pushing gay relationships too far - like dancing together in 1940! (That would have got a prison sentence for lewd behavior homosexuality was a criminal offense in the UK back in 1940)

Comment

Originally posted by paulschapman View Post
                Why on Earth do two males having a close relationship mean it has to be gay! They have shared 10 years of their life together - that is nearly a quarter of Daniel's life (assuming he is the same approx age as Michael Shanks). They have saved each other's lives. Daniel got Jack Home.

If there was any relationship I'd have said Jack and Sam - there was equally a deep relationship between the two of them

Torchwood has been ruined at times by pushing gay relationships too far - like dancing together in 1940! (That would have got a prison sentence for lewd behavior homosexuality was a criminal offense in the UK back in 1940)
                Not every two males having a close relationship are gay. I just like to think that Jack and Daniel could be. After I think it must be getting on for twelve years now, if not more, I just think it would be a new and for me interesting direction to go in for any future movies.

I have never seen any relationship between Sam and Jack, deep or otherwise, a respect for a team mate and fellow officer yes, but nothing more.

I love Torchwood and thought the dancing scene was so sweet. Lewd? Not really, now if we were talking about the scene between Jack and Ianto in his office...well.

Thank goodness times have changed and Jack and Daniel 'live' in a world where service men and women can proudly wear their uniforms as they openly take part in a gay pride march.

(MS isn't forty yet, btw.)
                sigpic

Comment

Like with most ships, this is just another one of those that exist only within the imagination of the fans.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                    Like with most ships, this is just another one of those that exist only within the imagination of the fans.
                    How very true...and much as I like to joke about it, I think it would be best if they all stayed that way.
                    sigpic

Comment

my idea for a new film:

The wraith somehow find the technology for intergalactic hyperspace travel (huge plothole as i cant think of a way they would do it, other than todd stealing the information)
                      Spoiler:
                      we know he has had access to our computers before and i believe he takes control of the Apollo in series 5

The wraith begin slowly taking over the milkyway, building new factories and stuff to build new ships and use the Naqahdah which doesnt seem to exist in pegasus to power their cloning facilities

the wraith get too big for their boots and an all out massive space battle ensues with an alliance of the milky way (myb call in some Ori help) against the wraith, they could call atlantis back into milkyway and use it to protect earth which means we could have cross over characters

SG-1 (lead by Oniell of course) hatch a daring plan to infect the cloning factories with the asgard disease mentioned in Unending, which sam just so happens to find in the data base cus she rocks (McKay could help too)

the wraith will be killed and pegasus and milky way will return to peace, and with atlantis on earth a proper study of the database could reveal the location of the ship for Universe and so begins the 3rd series

btw this was just a random idea i developed while typing so there are probably lots of plot holes which i miss or anything similar

Comment

Originally posted by paulschapman View Post
                        Torchwood has been ruined at times by pushing gay relationships too far - like dancing together in 1940! (That would have got a prison sentence for lewd behavior )
                        No, it wouldn't. For whatever reason, homosexuality was pretty openly tolerated during the war, in and out of uniform. After the war, when the forces had no use for so many soldiers, a lot of gay soldiers were stunned that despite their COs having known for the past few years that they were gay, they were given dishonourable discharges for being gay as soon as the war was over. Similarly, Alan Turing and a lot of other members of the Bletchley Park crew were openly or even flamboyantly gay during the war, but once the war was over they were expected to be discreet (Turing didn't realise this, poor chap.)

As to the topic... J/D is fun to have in mind when you watch the show, and I'm sure RDA and MS play up to it. Jack especially could easilly be a 'friend of Dorothy' what with how camp he often is, and Daniel seems an open-minded sort

But I think if ever any attempt was made by the writers to do any J/D, it'd be a bit of a train wreck, and I don't mean that as a slur on the writers, I just mean that J/D is fun largely because it is so very implicit without ever being explicit.

That said, I do hope for a couple of decent scenes with the two of them
                        Last edited by Madeleine; 20 June 2008, 12:27 PM.

Madeleine

Comment

I would be happy if the next movie just has a LOT of Tok'ra (preferably Martouf/Lantash brought back somehow). Goa'uld and gate-travel would be nice too. Not too many ships, and PLEASE no focus on Jaffa politics
                          sigpic
                          button and banner made by Luciana SAVE MARTOUF/LANTASH!

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
                            As to the topic... J/D is fun to have in mind when you watch the show, and I'm sure RDA and MS play up to it. Jack especially could easilly be a 'friend of Dorothy' what with how camp he often is, and Daniel seems an open-minded sort

But I think if ever any attempt was made by the writers to do any J/D, it'd be a bit of a train wreck, and I don't mean that as a slur on the writers, I just mean that J/D is fun largely because it is so very implicit without ever being explicit.

That said, I do hope for a couple of decent scenes with the two of them
                            Yes they do. I love this recent quote...Michael Shanks at Creation Convention
                            Vancouver, Canada, 3-6 April, 2008. So Rick and I always were playing with the idea that Jack and Daniel were kind of an old married couple that gripe at each other or (in stereotypical gay/queen-like voice) two fabulous queens!

I find any, and all, attempts to write relationships by tptb result in a bit of a train wreck! The fun is best found in our own imaginations.

I hope for a lot more than a couple of decent scenes between Jack and Daniel. When writen well, and I suspect when RDA and MS are allowed a little wiggle room when it comes to the script, nothing can beat the chemistry between them.Imo.
                            sigpic

Comment

another time travel movie, go back in time and become the knights of the round table.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger Azrael View Post
                                another time travel movie, go back in time and become the knights of the round table.
                                ANOTHER time travel movie!! Dear god, have mercy!!
                                I think we've had those enough already, even if i'd see Daniel at the round table.

For Jack/Daniel; I think it's best as it's just a subtext. Otherway, I believe it'd be end up bad.

Btw, Gunslinger Azrael, your sig quote is really nice. I liked it. Is it from some book? It seems to me terribly Neil Gaimanstic.
                                sigpic
                                Banner made by Stef

Save the sexy female alien, save the SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X