Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by madaboutdanny View Post
    Yes, but he is also a heavy D/V shipper, so even you should be very afraid
    I don't like so much crossover, too characters and too much little time...
    I don't have a problem with DV, so truce?

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
      I don't have a problem with DV, so truce?
      Lucky you! At least you'll have more pssibilities to not be disappointed.
      sigpic
      Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

What kind of movie have you watched? I'm D/V fan and I've barely seen them...especially Daniel, instead I've seen a lot, lot, lot of Cam and Replicator. And to me is the same with BW, it's fond with J/S and I can't imagine a third movie based on them....
        I meant that D/V were part of the main story-arc...plotline A if you will. As for screentime Cam/Vala/Daniel got the most and I think in that order but I can't be sure.

I know you hate BW but still to use it instead of he
        No, I don't think BW is particularly fond of SJ, unlike JM, and you'll see in Continuum SJ ship is virtually non-existent
        As for BW, he has said he is a S/J shipper but I don't think he's ever sacrificed other aspects of the show for the ship...so IMO madaboutdanny, you don't have to worry...I'm fairly sure the third movie will be team-centric.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

It was a joke! Don't worry BW and RCC wiil be busy with SG:Universe, so I think the 3rd movie will be JM's work - an Atlantis/SG-1 crossover. Wait a minute I'm wrong you should be very afraid, JM is a professed SJ shipper
          I really don't think so. JM and PM will be busy with s5 (and hopefully s6) of Atlantis

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
          I meant that D/V were part of the main story-arc...plotline A if you will. As for screentime Cam/Vala/Daniel got the most and I think in that order but I can't be sure.
          you're right, those three got the most screentime

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
          As for BW, he has said he is a S/J shipper but I don't think he's ever sacrificed other aspects of the show for the ship...so IMO madaboutdanny, you don't have to worry...I'm fairly sure the third movie will be team-centric.
          sigpic
          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
            you really don't believe that stuff, do you?

sally

Yes, of course I do. Jack and Daniel are the two original characters from the movie, they have history to burn. And I have always seen something deeper between them. Even the actors played up that aspect of the characters. I could really see J/D in a relationship, not that I think we ever will on Stargate. I don't think they would ever go there. On the many shows that have given us same sex relationship characters I think it has worked well. I adore Torchwood in particular.

Even on SG1 there have been nods in the direction if you are wearing ship glasses. Jack invades Daniel's personal space so often that to a casual viewer it might almost seem as if they are already a couple. It seems to be accepted that they can speak for each other. It was, after all, on Jack's say so that they let Daniel die in Meridian when Jacob was trying to heal him. No one questioned his ability to speak for Daniel at all.

I have no problem with gay couples, they have as much right to happiness as anyone. I think it would add another dimention to the next movie, but with the current ptb I think we have more chance of seeing Jack run away with an Unas!
            sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
              Yes, of course I do. Jack and Daniel are the two original characters from the movie, they have history to burn. And I have always seen something deeper between them. Even the actors played up that aspect of the characters. I could really see J/D in a relationship, not that I think we ever will on Stargate. I don't think they would ever go there. On the many shows that have given us same sex relationship characters I think it has worked well. I adore Torchwood in particular.

Even on SG1 there have been nods in the direction if you are wearing ship glasses. Jack invades Daniel's personal space so often that to a casual viewer it might almost seem as if they are already a couple. It seems to be accepted that they can speak for each other. It was, after all, on Jack's say so that they let Daniel die in Meridian when Jacob was trying to heal him. No one questioned his ability to speak for Daniel at all.

I have no problem with gay couples, they have as much right to happiness as anyone. I think it would add another dimention to the next movie, but with the current ptb I think we have more chance of seeing Jack run away with an Unas!
              Let's get something straight - wishing for something doesn't make it real! Jack and Daniel are as straight as they come they were both married, Jack even had a son! In every AU/AT Sam and Jack were together! The closest to one of them being gay was the geeky Daniel in Moebius, but maybe AT Jack was wrong... And if in 50+ years in Unending Daniel didn't try to hook up with Landry Cam or Teal'c what more proof do you want?

Comment

Let's get something straight - wishing for something doesn't make it real! Jack and Daniel are as straight as they come they were both married, Jack even had a son! In every AU/AT Sam and Jack were together! The closest to one of them being gay was the geeky Daniel in Moebius, but maybe AT Jack was wrong... And if in 50+ years in Unending Daniel didn't try to hook up with Landry Cam or Teal'c what more proof do you want?

Being married doesn't mean you can't be bi-sexual.

I really do think that there is more than enough evidence to show J/D, as much if not more than for any of the 'supposed' pairings. I just think it would spice things up a bit if tptb went that way in a third, or any furture movies.

After all, it would only take a line or two from the writers and there you go! Gay!

Imagine the Jack we got in 'The Shroud'... now that character had 'old queen' written all over him! I know that both RDA and MS have enjoyed 'playing it gay' over the years for fun, I think it would be fun if they ran with that in the movie.
                sigpic

Comment

Being married doesn't mean you can't be bi-sexual.

I really do think that there is more than enough evidence to show J/D, as much if not more than for any of the 'supposed' pairings. I just think it would spice things up a bit if tptb went that way in a third, or any furture movies.

After all, it would only take a line or two from the writers and there you go! Gay!

Imagine the Jack we got in 'The Shroud'... now that character had 'old queen' written all over him! I know that both RDA and MS have enjoyed 'playing it gay' over the years for fun, I think it would be fun if they ran with that in the movie.
                  They didn't solve Sam/Jack yet and you expect Jack/Daniel in the 3rd movie? Maybe Cam/Daniel they look cute together

Comment

They didn't solve Sam/Jack yet and you expect Jack/Daniel in the 3rd movie? Maybe Cam/Daniel they look cute together
                    Yes, I can see Cam/Daniel too, I also happen to think Teal'c and Jack would make a great couple. I really can't see J/S though, I can't get over thinking that Jack is gay. I did like him with Sara in the first season but after the third season or so I just don't get a 'straight vibe' from the man at all. And,, like I said, it would certainly spice things up a bit and bring the whole franchise into this century.
                    sigpic

Comment

A couple of points. First, I'm not arguing against this because I have a problem with gay characters being portrayed on television. I just disagree with you that it is represented here.

We could quote examples of canon back and forth forever, so I'll skip that part and go directly to my biggest objection. This premise negates the possibility that two straight men can have a deep and meaningful friendship. It says "if they care that much, they must be gay." That really bothers me. It really devalues male friendships.

My other point is that when asked about this at a convention, Michael Shanks replied (in a very nice way), "You're deluded." Then he acknowledged that he can see how one might think that given the way they argue and proceeded to do a very funny impression of Jack and Daniel arguing as a gay couple. But he concluded with "No, they aren't." (paraphrase on this last bit- the You're deluded is a direct quote) If Michael Shanks doesn't know what's up with Daniel, then no one does!

PS. I have just as many problems with Daniel/Vala, but that's the subject of another post!

Comment

OK, my 2 cents on this...In the show I have hard time to see something remotely near to a gay relationships between them, especially in the first 2 saeson I see Jack as father figure to Daniel, mostly because Daniel seems very very young, now I see their relationship as a deep friendship, especially after Daniel return from Omaland. Said that, I have no problem with that, 'cause I like too much them
                        However, the fact tha Jack and Daniel was married, with women, means nothing....and it's true that Jack, often, shows more feelings toward Daniel rather than the others, look at TBFTGOG or Icon, or how he doesn't let Daniel goes to Atlantis or how reluctan he was to let him go with Hammond in PU...So, I can understand the slasher...but nothing more. To me they are straight, and Daniel and Vala have had a lot of fun in their 50 years on the Odissey
                        Sorry if my english is bad.....
                        sigpic
                        Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
                          A couple of points. First, I'm not arguing against this because I have a problem with gay characters being portrayed on television. I just disagree with you that it is represented here.

We could quote examples of canon back and forth forever, so I'll skip that part and go directly to my biggest objection. This premise negates the possibility that two straight men can have a deep and meaningful friendship. It says "if they care that much, they must be gay." That really bothers me. It really devalues male friendships.

My other point is that when asked about this at a convention, Michael Shanks replied (in a very nice way), "You're deluded." Then he acknowledged that he can see how one might think that given the way they argue and proceeded to do a very funny impression of Jack and Daniel arguing as a gay couple. But he concluded with "No, they aren't." (paraphrase on this last bit- the You're deluded is a direct quote) If Michael Shanks doesn't know what's up with Daniel, then no one does!

PS. I have just as many problems with Daniel/Vala, but that's the subject of another post!

Oh I see them as great friends too and agree men can be friends and not gay, I just think it would be fun in the next movie if we got some J/D.

I have heard MS say a great many things about the whole slasher thing too! Some I couldn't post on a public forum! But really it would be down to the writers and like I said it would only take a couple of lines.

For the record, I have no problem with Daniel/Vala either. I would love to see an entire series about those two.
                          sigpic

Comment

OK, my 2 cents on this...In the show I have hard time to see something remotely near to a gay relationships between them, especially in the first 2 saeson I see Jack as father figure to Daniel, mostly because Daniel seems very very young, now I see their relationship as a deep friendship, especially after Daniel return from Omaland. Said that, I have no problem with that, 'cause I like too much them
                            However, the fact tha Jack and Daniel was married, with women, means nothing....and it's true that Jack, often, shows more feelings toward Daniel rather than the others, look at TBFTGOG or Icon, or how he doesn't let Daniel goes to Atlantis or how reluctan he was to let him go with Hammond in PU...So, I can understand the slasher...but nothing more. To me they are straight, and Daniel and Vala have had a lot of fun in their 50 years on the Odissey
                            Sorry if my english is bad.....
                            You see, that's why I love the whole J/D thing, those two are so complex! You can see just about anything you want in them, a lot of that is down to the wonderful actors who portray them.

Like you I think Daniel and Vala had a whole lot of fun in those fifty odd years!!!

Your English is amazing, no need to be sorry.
                            sigpic

Comment

Chris Judge Interview

We just screened Continuum, and it blew me away. I went to Brad after the screening and said, 'ooh boy, this could have been a huge feature film!'.

I kind of think these two movies were an audition, if you will. I mean, let's face it, we started twelve years ago, so it was more to see if we were still a viable product, if we still had fan support, and I think they've pushed us a lot of the way to finally get to that next level - of doing feature films.
                              Now with Universe coming along, we're at to the point where Stargate is no longer the 'retarded cousin' of the Star Trek franchise, but stands on equal footing.
                              It wasn't ever that we were ever cowed by the Star Trek legacy, but we were always respectful of it. Finally as years went on, and some of the lustre was knocked off the franchise and we stopped being the 'red-headed step child'.
                              (laughs)
                              It's amazing how we're perceived now. But - one Star Trek movie will bring it all back!
                              (laughs)
                              But Continuum is not really shot for TV - everything is bigger. It's made to fit BIG screens. The Stargate feature films - it used to be something that was whispered about, but now I know it's being talked about.
                              Maybe the third movie will be a theatrical release? I wouldn't put money on it just yet, but it does seem like a lot of people are saying the same things... Maybe this is why it is taking so long for news to come out? If they managed to do it for both old and new audiences like they apparently have with Continuum, then it could be a success.

Comment

people argue about S/J and you're suggesting that there's even more evidence for J/D?
                                sigpic
                                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X