Third SG-1 movie ("Stargate Revolution") Ship Free hopes/speculation/ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jenks View Post
    Jack of old is my favourite character, but to be frank I just think he's past it. He's too old to be the character he was, I'd rather see a movie with the team as it is now than force him into a story just for the sake of having him around.

I agree. RDA was always too old for the character anyway. I remember doing a double take when Jack said he was only 40 in Brief Candle. RDA is still a fine looking man but he does look his age. Far too old to be playing the action hero, of course we don't know what kind of part BW will write for him. If he is the Hammond/Landry type in the next movie it could work.
    sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
      So is Jack and he's not retired
      Are u talking about Sam? She's 39 FYI
      Ah yes 39. Why is it always 39? I was 39 for 4 or 5 years and my sister has been 39 for so long I don't think even she knows how old she is anymore!!
      sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
        Like Poundpuppy, I would also like to see a movie connected to everyone but mainly Jack, Sam, Daniel and Teal'c...I don't think I could be completely happy with any movie that did not have all these characters in it. They are what made SG1 the success that it is. However, I would also like to see Jonas, Hammond, Janet and Jacob in it (even if the last two are unlikely)...oh and have the Asgard back somehow. I also wouldn't be opposed to having Cam/Vala in it either as long as they don't steal focus from or over-shadow the original team.

EDIT: I forgot to add, that I did also see a change in Daniel S9/10, compared to S1-8 but I think that's because he wasn't with Jack, Sam and Teal'c as much...when back in that setting I think he will be the Daniel of S1-8.
        The only problem with that is it's not the original team anymore so Jack really shouldn't be the focus RDA made a choice and the show went on without him how in keeping with canon how can Jack be the main star Generals generally are a desk job not an action in the field job.

I also don't know how they are going to include Sam either if they are smart they will place her in area 51 so if there is a piece of technology she would want to go retrieve it to study it and then the action happens with all of them.
        sigpic
        My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
        poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
          I agree. RDA was always too old for the character anyway. I remember doing a double take when Jack said he was only 40 in Brief Candle. RDA is still a fine looking man but he does look his age. Far too old to be playing the action hero,
          who said he's supposed to play the action hero?

of course we don't know what kind of part BW will write for him.
          exactly

If he is the Hammond/Landry type in the next movie it could work.
          that would make no sense. Jack's head of HWS, not SGC commander
          sigpic
          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
            The only problem with that is it's not the original team anymore so Jack really shouldn't be the focus RDA made a choice and the show went on without him how in keeping with canon how can Jack be the main star Generals generally are a desk job not an action in the field job.

I also don't know how they are going to include Sam either if they are smart they will place her in area 51 so if there is a piece of technology she would want to go retrieve it to study it and then the action happens with all of them.
            Even though RDA left he can definitely return...I feel due to the time RDA, AT, MS and CJ have spent on SG1 the door will always be open for them to return should they choose to leave. However, I do understand what you're saying; Jack's not a part of SG1 anymore and can't take the role of SGC commander because that would be a demotion...but that doesn't mean Jack cannot still be a part of the movie(s). For Continuum they use the fact that Jack is there to see Ba'al's execution...in the next he could be the representative of earth for trade with a strong potential new allie and in true SG1 style things don't go to plan...or they could bring back the fifth race business where Jack has strong ties with the Nox and Asgard (if they return somehow)...the thing is whatever excuse they use to bring him back into the fold, I can live with as long as the character is there and used well.

Any explanation to bring Jack back into the picture will take a couple of minutes of dialogue max...after that a team movie with Jack and SG1 would be perfect.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

I don't have a problem with him in future movies at all quite the contrary but not as the lead that's why I am nervous about BW's comments I get the impression that BW needs to remember how old RDA is and be a little objective right now he gives me the impression that he's RDA's biggest fan and wants to go back to 1997 when the show first aired. I have no problem with Jack being in Continuum because what I have read about the plot it made sense
              Spoiler:
              Jack had history with Ba'al so it is in character for me

I also want Sam in the future movies too but with her getting her own command it would be hard to have her as member of the team again I really don't want to get into an argument about what happened in season 9 in my mind how they handled fit the character IMHO Sam has always been more passionate about her Scientific work than her military work part of the reason I was aggravated with Sam going to SGA is I really felt it was a waste of her brilliant mind if she went there to work on something or head up a department there that would've been in character to me not how it was done. Sam commanding area 51 makes more sense to me than being the commander of Atlantis. I didn't see Sam getting screwed out of commanding the team I saw it as Sam moving into the next part of her life. I saw Sam choosing that position.
              sigpic
              My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
              poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I don't have a problem with him in future movies at all quite the contrary but not as the lead that's why I am nervous about BW's comments I get the impression that BW needs to remember how old RDA is and be a little objective right now he gives me the impression that he's RDA's biggest fan and wants to go back to 1997 when the show first aired. I have no problem with Jack being in Continuum because what I have read about the plot it made sense
                Spoiler:
                Jack had history with Ba'al so it is in character for me

I also want Sam in the future movies too but with her getting her own command it would be hard to have her as member of the team again I really don't want to get into an argument about what happened in season 9 in my mind how they handled fit the character IMHO Sam has always been more passionate about her Scientific work than her military work part of the reason I was aggravated with Sam going to SGA is I really felt it was a waste of her brilliant mind if she went there to work on something or head up a department there that would've been in character to me not how it was done. Sam commanding area 51 makes more sense to me than being the commander of Atlantis. I didn't see Sam getting screwed out of commanding the team I saw it as Sam moving into the next part of her life. I saw Sam choosing that position.
                That's where we differ...I do want Jack to be the lead, as well Sam, Daniel and Teal'c...like it was S1-8. I'm a huge fan of BW, I love most if not all of what he's done for the Stargate franchise, so I have faith that he'll be writing a great team-centric script for the third movie. I know he has mentioned that he wants it to be Jack-centric but if you look back at the Jack-centric, Sam-centric, Daniel-centric, Teal'c-centric episodes in S1-8 they all have a lot of the team in them all working towards the same goal. That's why in the 'fun and games' section of this forum when you look at games such as 'fav Jack ep' there are a lot of eps there which are also in the 'fav Sam ep' game as well, for example. And that applies for all of J/S/D/T.

If RCC was writing the script I'd be a little worried because I feel he can't do team very well...for example AoT was made to wrap up the Ori storyline and centred on D/V...Teal'c was by himself or not there at all during a lot of the film and S/C had a secondary non-Ori related storyline to deal with. That was not my cup of tea even though it may have been for Daniel or Vala fans.

As for where Sam fits in now that's she been promoted I agree, being back on SG1 wouldn't be right unless of course she lead SG1, which would be perfect, IMO. I personally disagree with you and think she did deserve command at the start of S9 but I agree we shouldn't get into all of that again. But just to add, however passionate and gifted Sam is for science she has always been very motivated and ambitious...I doubt she'll give up being in the AF until she makes at least Major General (unless she dies )...she's always been great at being both an officer and a scientist, I doubt she would neglect either side even if she had command of SG1, which she coped with well in S8.

But I guess we'll just have to wait and see on what TPTB decide.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

I want to see Jack and Daniel together, to me they are Stargate. They are the two who started the whole thing. RDA and MS have the most chemistry together - the two of them light up the screen. They, J/D, also have a ton of unresolved issues that I am hoping tptb will be brave enough to address! Maybe BW will have a blinding epithany and suddenly realise that this is 2008, not 1908.
                  you really don't believe that stuff, do you?

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

They, J/D, also have a ton of unresolved issues that I am hoping tptb will be brave enough to address! Maybe BW will have a blinding epithany and suddenly realise that this is 2008, not 1908
                    No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no - deep breath - No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no - breathes again - No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no... No. No.
                    Last edited by amconway; 16 June 2008, 09:26 PM.

Comment

I am a minor Jack & Sam shipper but I really don't think Jack should be the focus of future movies because after season 4 I really didn't like how Jack was written. Now I find the character too standoffish and aloof.

I used to like Daniel, but haven't really cared for how he was written after Season 8 so I don't think Daniel should be the focus of any future movies. I'm hoping for very little of Vala and her sidekick Daniel in any and all future movies. Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post

If RCC was writing the script I'd be a little worried because I feel he can't do team very well...for example AoT was made to wrap up the Ori storyline and centred on D/V...Teal'c was by himself or not there at all during a lot of the film and S/C had a secondary non-Ori related storyline to deal with. That was not my cup of tea even though it may have been for Daniel or Vala fans.
                        What kind of movie have you watched? I'm D/V fan and I've barely seen them...especially Daniel, instead I've seen a lot, lot, lot of Cam and Replicator. And to me is the same with BW, it's fond with J/S and I can't imagine a third movie based on them....
                        sigpic
                        Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

Originally posted by madaboutdanny View Post
                          What kind of movie have you watched? I'm D/V fan and I've barely seen them...especially Daniel, instead I've seen a lot, lot, lot of Cam and Replicator. And to me is the same with BW, it's fond with J/S and I can't imagine a third movie based on them....
                          I know you hate BW but still to use it instead of he
                          No, I don't think BW is particularly fond of SJ, unlike JM, and you'll see in Continuum SJ ship is virtually non-existent

Comment

I know you hate BW but still to use it instead of he
                            No, I don't think BW is particularly fond of SJ, unlike JM, and you'll see in Continuum SJ ship is virtually non-existent
                            Sorry for that
                            No, I don't hate him, I don't like J/S and I know that HE is fond of them, and thank god for Continuum but I'm afraid for a third movie.
                            sigpic
                            Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

Originally posted by madaboutdanny View Post
                              Sorry for that
                              No, I don't hate him, I don't like J/S and I know that HE is fond of them, and thank god for Continuum but I'm afraid for a third movie.
                              It was a joke! Don't worry BW and RCC wiil be busy with SG:Universe, so I think the 3rd movie will be JM's work - an Atlantis/SG-1 crossover. Wait a minute I'm wrong you should be very afraid, JM is a professed SJ shipper

Comment

It was a joke! Don't worry BW and RCC wiil be busy with SG:Universe, so I think the 3rd movie will be JM's work - an Atlantis/SG-1 crossover. Wait a minute I'm wrong you should be very afraid, JM is a professed SJ shipper
                                Yes, but he is also a heavy D/V shipper, so even you should be very afraid
                                I don't like so much crossover, too characters and too much little time...
                                sigpic
                                Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

Working...
                                X