Third SG-1 movie ("Stargate Revolution") Ship Free hopes/speculation/ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BayGateScape View Post
    maybe after couple of years, they'll make a big screen flick. like they did with star trek.

But ya, I really want to see RDA back in action, no matter how much weight he has gained
    too me. Yeah... I remember is Episode "upon" Jack O'neill ate Pies and cakes. >.>;;

~HolyAngelQueenSG-1~

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
      Not at all...many times...over examination isn't necessary.
      In this case, it is. You assume Stargate will make a return just because Star Trek did. Different era, different circumstances, far more popular.

Comment

If you do some research on the financing of the other movies MGM is involved with it may help to understand just how much money MGM still does not have.
        sigpic
        Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
          If you do some research on the financing of the other movies MGM is involved with it may help to understand just how much money MGM still does not have.
          I guess funding the hobbit doesn't leave much money left for SG.
          sigpic

Comment

Good news!

It was just announced that Warner Brothers will fund MGM's part of the Hobbit budget in exchange for internatrional theatrical rights.

I just posted an article on the campaign forum!
            http://z7.invisionfree.com/SG_Movies...p?showforum=13

Comment

Originally posted by EdenSG View Post
              Good news!

It was just announced that Warner Brothers will fund MGM's part of the Hobbit budget in exchange for internatrional theatrical rights.

Here's the original article dated 6-Jan-11 at Deadline for those who do not wish to be forced to go to the campaign forum.
              -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                Here's the original article dated 6-Jan-11 at Deadline for those who do not wish to be forced to go to the campaign forum.
                LOL RoX.

What do you think of this news though, and how it will affect stargate.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                  LOL RoX.

What do you think of this news though, and how it will affect stargate.
                  It certainly frees up the limited amount of investment money that MGM has so far procured (thought to be around $500 mil) and reflects the same strategy that has made Spyglass successful in the past, seeking partnerships and limiting the effects of several unsuccessful sole ventures in a row, smaller profit but less chance of going bust.

The Hobbitt was always going to take a huge chunk of money to make which meant there would be less for other ventures. I'd be happy if MGM would make more announcements on their direction so we could understand just where the various parts of the Stargate franchise sits in relation to their business plans and their views on the DVD movie market. I'm still hoping for the two scripted movies but there really is nothing to encourage or douse optimism for them being made at this stage.
                  -

Comment

It certainly frees up the limited amount of investment money that MGM has so far procured (thought to be around $500 mil) and reflects the same strategy that has made Spyglass successful in the past, seeking partnerships and limiting the effects of several unsuccessful sole ventures in a row, smaller profit but less chance of going bust.

The Hobbitt was always going to take a huge chunk of money to make which meant there would be less for other ventures. I'd be happy if MGM would make more announcements on their direction so we could understand just where the various parts of the Stargate franchise sits in relation to their business plans and their views on the DVD movie market. I'm still hoping for the two scripted movies but there really is nothing to encourage or douse optimism for them being made at this stage.
                    Oh ya i know the actual money MGM has is a small factor. IF they still dont wanna invest in the DVD market or if its unpractical to produce SGA and SG-1 at the moment MGM could have billions of dollars to fund projects and the movies would not be made....

But still, it is a pretty big factor and it does help brighten up the future for SGU/SGA/SG-1
                    sigpic

Comment

You know folks, some of you can dial back the snark and snotty attitude.

Shockingly enough people sometimes post links out of the kindness of their hearts not some ulterior motive
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                        Oh ya i know the actual money MGM has is a small factor. IF they still dont wanna invest in the DVD market or if its unpractical to produce SGA and SG-1 at the moment MGM could have billions of dollars to fund projects and the movies would not be made....

But still, it is a pretty big factor and it does help brighten up the future for SGU/SGA/SG-1
                        I agree with RoX - Spyglass is known for their ability to make deals and form partnerships. The fact that the money is still there is probably a neutral factor for the movies.

The fact that Spyglass is willing to form partneships and think outside the box, could be a positive thing for SG. It seems to me that the SG business format, at least what we see from the outside, has not changed much from SG1 to SGA to SGU. MGM produces, Syfy pays a licensing fee and gets revenue from commercial ad sales, MGM gets revenue from first run syndication and DVD sales and after first run the syndication rights go back to Syfy for a number of years. I think if the movies, and even the SG franchise is too survivie they likely need fresh thinking, be willing to form different/multiple partnerships and be willing to look at different fee structures and delivery platforms.

If Spyglass can bring that to the table they may be able to work a deal for salvaging the SG franchise/movies.
                        Last edited by EdenSG; 09 January 2011, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          You know folks, some of you can dial back the snark and snotty attitude.

Shockingly enough people sometimes post links out of the kindness of their hearts not some ulterior motive
                          Snark is the key ingredient in my friendship with RoX.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                            Perhaps, but I still have hope and that isn't easy to take away.
                            I feel the same way. SG-1 will always be my favorite of the Stargate shows, and I will never give up on it. Until we are flat out told it is over, I will hold on to some hope of a final movie.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by EdenSG View Post
                              Good news!

I was hoping there had been a press release about this.

I feel the same way. SG-1 will always be my favorite of the Stargate shows, and I will never give up on it. Until we are flat out told it is over, I will hold on to some hope of a final movie.
                              SG-1 will always hold first place in my heart as well though I did enjoy Atlantis quite a lot, except for certain eye-rolling elements.
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

I will see maybe Stargate News.

~HolyAngelQueenSG-1~

Comment

Working...
                                X