Third SG-1 movie ("Stargate Revolution") Ship Free hopes/speculation/ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    I hope they don't - because if that were to happen I'm putting my DVD's on sale at once and never want to hear or see any Stargate SG1 ever again.

Guess what I hate with a vengeance and never want to see happen...
    Gee, that seems pretty drastic if you like any other parts of the SG1 series. Just don't buy or watch the next movie if you have any fear of seeing what you don't want to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
      The key being "direct" chain of command. Sam, as commander of the Hammond, does not report directly to HWS as far as I understand it. She should report to the head of USAF Space Command. The main HQ is, oddly enough, at Peterson. She would report then to her air (or space) wing commander, who would then report to the CO of Space Command, General Robert Kehler (USAF).

Let's see...(happily doing research) AFSPC (Air Force Space Command) direct-reports to US Strategic Command. Now, if the Hammond and other fleet ships are not at Peterson, they could be at SIDC (Space Innovation and Development Center) at Schriever AFB, also in Colorado, also near the Springs.

If she's at Peterson, she's part of the 21st Space Wing; at Schriever, either the 50th Space Wing or again, the SIDC (if the Hammond is classed as experimental, which I doubt).

So, back to Strategic Command (STRATCOM). They report to DoD (which we could make HWS) and that CO is now General Kevin P. Chilton (USAF). Oddly enough, it was for a brief time (then Lt. General) Kehler, current head of AFSPC.

Huh. Probably more than you asked for, but this shows that Carter is at least six levels of major command (and several in-between levels) removed from direct-reporting to Jack. Yay!
      Well, that may be the way it would be IRL but I think it's pretty well established in cannon that the ship commanders report directly to General O'Neill. In fact we see Carter doing just that in SGU on two occasions so...

Having said that, I think even though it hasn't been explicitly stated, it's pretty much been confirmed in cannon that Jack and Sam are together. Agent Barrett asks Sam if she's single in Deus Ex Machina and she says no or not exactly or something like that. And then in Trio, I forget if this is from a deleted scene or not (haven't watched it in a while), I think she says something about being in a relationship with some one in Washington. But like i said they may have been in a deleted scene I read. But either way I think it's pretty much confirmed. I know you hardcore shippers want more than that, but I think it's enough.

Perfecto!

Comment

Hi,

Stargate Revolution has been removed from imdb.com? Does anyone know why this has happened?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
          Well, that may be the way it would be IRL but I think it's pretty well established in cannon that the ship commanders report directly to General O'Neill. In fact we see Carter doing just that in SGU on two occasions so...

Having said that, I think even though it hasn't been explicitly stated, it's pretty much been confirmed in cannon that Jack and Sam are together. Agent Barrett asks Sam if she's single in Deus Ex Machina and she says no or not exactly or something like that. And then in Trio, I forget if this is from a deleted scene or not (haven't watched it in a while), I think she says something about being in a relationship with some one in Washington. But like i said they may have been in a deleted scene I read. But either way I think it's pretty much confirmed. I know you hardcore shippers want more than that, but I think it's enough.
          you think, pretty much... it either is or is not confirmed, and if one person has to ask the question, the confirmation's not been done too well.
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post

Or Sam just didn't want to hurt Barrets feelings that she wasn't interested in him
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by candylyn View Post
              Hi,

Stargate Revolution has been removed from imdb.com? Does anyone know why this has happened?
              Most likely because of MGM's financial problems, and not knowing whether the movie will actually get made. Just a guess, though.

Comment

I'm personally hoping it shows the full disclosure of the Stargate and some more insight to the Furlings. Not really into the Jack/Sam marrying in the end part but that just my humble opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  Or Sam just didn't want to hurt Barrets feelings that she wasn't interested in him
                  Deus ex Machina was written by JM a devout S/J fan. please watch the episode with the commentary and you'll understand

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
                    Deus ex Machina was written by JM a devout S/J fan. please watch the episode with the commentary and you'll understand
                    He knows that. He's baiting the shippers. Don't give in

I hope Brad and co. are at Comic Con next month. I'd like to hear more about all these ongoing
                    movie rumblings.
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
                      I understand JM is one writer and just because he feels a certain way towards an arc doesn't mean the other writers do
                      Originally posted by leiasky View Post

I hope Brad and co. are at Comic Con next month. I'd like to hear more about all these ongoing
                      movie rumblings.
                      No I just believe in the facts other then some vague line in an episode
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post

movie rumblings.
                        And you will, of course, give us a full report. My schedule was WAY TOO FULL to make it, though I did get the cred's we discussed. :::sigh:::
                        Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Elminster writes: “Was just listening to Michael Shanks on Sci-Fi Talks and he said the third SG:1 movie is filming this fall. Any comments?”

Answer: News to me.
                          http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...t-and-mailbag/
                          sigpic
                          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post

from joe's blog -

Elminster writes: “Was just listening to Michael Shanks on Sci-Fi Talks and he said the third SG:1 movie is filming this fall. Any comments?”

Answer: News to me.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...t-and-mailbag/
                            the michael shanks interview being talked/asked about isn't new.
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                              And you will, of course, give us a full report. My schedule was WAY TOO FULL to make it, though I did get the cred's we discussed. :::sigh:::
                              Don't worry. You know I'll call you if there's any interesting news.

Comic Con is full of business contacts for me so I make a point of going every year. You really should, too. Especially if you got the cred's to get in as a pro.
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

I agree with what others have said, some of the best Jack centric episodes didn't have much running around and shooting, including my three favorites episodes of the whole series, Abyss, Window of Opportunity, and Zero Hour. As well as episodes like 100 Days, Chain Reaction, Shades of Grey, etc. None of them were huge action episodes, and all of them were great.

Perfecto!

Comment

Working...
                                X