No announcement yet.

Third SG-1 movie ("Stargate Revolution") Ship Free hopes/speculation/ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm crossing my fingers that Jack will be taking command of this new hypothetical base. Just one nice way to get Jack off world and into the action.
    Yeah, I'd like to see that a lot. It would really work in terms of both the SGU appearance, and the next movie. And I'd just like to see the poor guy get out of Washington. I hate thinking about him being stuck there like that.

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
      Yeah, I'd like to see that a lot. It would really work in terms of both the SGU appearance, and the next movie. And I'd just like to see the poor guy get out of Washington. I hate thinking about him being stuck there like that.
      But isn't that the more realastic approach? Aren't the high brass generals usually stuck in Washington?
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

But isn't that the more realastic approach? Aren't the high brass generals usually stuck in Washington?
        I'm not sure logistics of deployment is an issue when you're talking about a show where people jump into wormhole. If they were to do that in reality, and they did happen to come out the other end, it would be in the consistancy of toothpaste, so...

They can just as easily make up a reason that Jack has to be the one in command as they can make wormholes functional.

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
          I agree. I know that they had to send Jack somewhere since RDA wasn't coming back, but a posting in Washington seems like it would have been the last thing Jack would have wanted. Try as I might, I just can't seem to picture the character happy there.

And as far as realism in the show is concerned, if they were going for a realistic approach, neither Daniel or Sam would have been on SG-1 as they were far too valuable to the program to be going through the gate. Neither Teal'c or Vala would have made the cut either, what with Teal'c being a Jaffa traitor and Vala a former host turned criminal.

If they can find ways for these characters to be on SG-1 when logic says they shouldn't I'm sure TPTB can find a way to give Jack an off-world command and make me one happy fan.
          Originally posted by Callista
          Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
          Originally posted by HPMom
          She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

I can't see Jack being given command of an offworld base. It seems, for lack of a better word, beneath his current rank. I think it'll be more likely that he'll be needed for a specific assignment and that's how he'll end up being involved in the new movie.

Some people think that the Hammond will disappear with Sam on it and he'll rush into the search for her but that's so cliche. I really hope that doesn't happen.
            sigpic
            Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
              I can't see Jack being given command of an offworld base. It seems, for lack of a better word, beneath his current rank. I think it'll be more likely that he'll be needed for a specific assignment and that's how he'll end up being involved in the new movie.

Some people think that the Hammond will disappear with Sam on it and he'll rush into the search for her but that's so cliche. I really hope that doesn't happen.
              That would not make me happy.

I could understand him rushing to the SGC if anything happened to one of his kids, much like he did when Daniel disappeared and came back as a prior, and doing what he could to aid the search. But leading the search and rescue mission...I really can't imagine they'd let a 3-star general join an SAR team and I think Jack would realize that he's probably not the best man for that particular job anymore.

I guess that scenario just seems to...shippy for me. Both the Sam/Jack angle and the Hammond. I want the four together for a good, teamy, offworld adventure, kicking butt and saving the day...and the team aspect gets ruined for me if Sam is cut off from her friends and in need of rescue and the reason Jack rejoins the fray is for a romantic reason. (I don't mind a little ship, but I don't want that to be a catalyst for the film.)

Comment

I could see them getting a mysterious message from Maybourne asking for Jack's help, then losing contact. They'd have to take Sam's ship to get them there and then the fun begins
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                  I could see them getting a mysterious message from Maybourne asking for Jack's help, then losing contact. They'd have to take Sam's ship to get them there and then the fun begins
                  Maybourne I could buy into. I loved Maybourne!

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                    While I love Mayborne and would enjoy seeing him again, I think his story is really done. I would hope the plot for the movie is more grandiose than something just involving Mayborne.

Really, I'd like something like Lost City (which was the best two-part episode ) and/ or something like Enemy at the Gate but in larger scale. EatG could have been great if it had been a two parter and not rushed.
                    sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I agree with you. When it can be really good in fanfics, I don't see it happen in movie. Besides as Ashizuri says, if Sam isn't there for the best part of the movie, well, it would be very disappointing. I want to see her as much as the three others and in action, and as strong as ever, and all geeky and all. I don't really like the way TPTB treated her character since season 9. It was like she was pushed aside.
                      And besides, though I'm a shipper, I'm not very kean on melodrama scenarios.

About Cam, I got nothing against the character. But as Sam was pushed aside, he was too present, too much like the hero type, and it's not his character, but the position he was given. So I don't mind him there, I would even appreciate it, but as long as he stays... how can I say that... I don't mean discreet but maybe... subtle (sorry, I'm having a hard time finding my words )

Edit: and I'm with Leiasky. The Lost City was the best two partners, and a story of this type would be very appealing. Though hoping it doesn't end the same (Jack frozen)

Comment

Originally posted by never_on_earth View Post
                        Yeah, I agree with you. When it can be really good in fanfics, I don't see it happen in movie.
                        It's not even really done well in most fanfic. Sam is not a 'damsel in distress' kind of woman but many people, because of her gender alone, like to think of her as such.

It's usually her coming to Jack's, and the rest of the team's, rescue! LOL!

About Cam, I got nothing against the character. But as Sam was pushed aside, he was too present, too much like the hero type, and it's not his character, but the position he was given. So I don't mind him there, I would even appreciate it, but as long as he stays... how can I say that... I don't mean discreet but maybe... subtle (sorry, I'm having a hard time finding my words )
                        I agree. He's not the hero. He's not the focus. If he stays in the background and isn't front and center, I'll be fine with it. He was too much in AoT and even Continuum.

Amanda and Rick are supposed to have large roles in the new movie and I'm soooo looking forward to hearing more about it!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by never_on_earth View Post
                          Yeah, I agree with you. When it can be really good in fanfics, I don't see it happen in movie. Besides as Ashizuri says, if Sam isn't there for the best part of the movie, well, it would be very disappointing. I want to see her as much as the three others and in action, and as strong as ever, and all geeky and all. I don't really like the way TPTB treated her character since season 9. It was like she was pushed aside.
                          And besides, though I'm a shipper, I'm not very kean on melodrama scenarios.

I agree. I would like to see Cam in the movie, but in a supporting role, not the lead character.

Comment

Amanda and Rick are supposed to have large roles in the new movie and I'm soooo looking forward to hearing more about it!
                            Just out of curiosity, where did you hear that AT will have a "large role" in the movie? I haven't heard anything concrete about her involvement (or anyone else's) beyond that they have been told there is a movie, and the actors want to be involved, but don't know the extent of their involvement yet.

TPTB have said, repeatedly, that RDA will have a large role. And I know both the actors and TPTB have said that the others (including AT) will be in it. But with no contracts, and no other info, we really don't know how large their roles will be. The statements I've heard from TPTB all focus on RDA, and honestly, they make it sound like it's a Jack-centric movie with everyone else in supporting roles. But maybe I'm just not up to date on all the latest news. *shrug*
                            Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
                            Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

I'm guessing that it was in the Sam/AT thread, if it wasn't this one. Some interview or question around a bunch of convention appearances indicated that she would have a large part in the movie. It was probably re-posted on the Sam/Jack Appreciation thread as well.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ashizuri View Post
                                I agree. I would like to see Cam in the movie, but in a supporting role, not the lead character.
                                I am fine with Cam in a supporting role. I just want him in the film.
                                sigpic
                                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                                "...phu...ah..."
                                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X