Third SG-1 movie ("Stargate Revolution") Ship Free hopes/speculation/ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by amconway View Post
    I think we all have characters that we don't relate to well. I'm lucky, that in my case it's not one of the most prominent characters in the history of the franchise! Stargate SG-1 is a show about 'team' first and foremost. I'm sure there will be plenty of attention paid to most, if not all, of those characters.
    I agree...Most characters in the last two movies had plenty of time to shine, I don't see how this third movie will be any different
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amaunet View Post
      I agree...Most characters in the last two movies had plenty of time to shine, I don't see how this third movie will be any different
      Exactly! This one won't be any different. All of SG-1 will have their moments.

As for someone mentioning that they believed this could be the last SG-1 movie, I completely disagree. The first two sold really well, and I don't see that changing for this movie. So why would they stop making successful movies? I think we will get at least a couple more movies after this third one.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
        Since I think this might be the last SG-1 movie I'd like as little Cam as possible, and some plot with AUs so we could have back Janet and Jacob if only for a little while...
        LE: Oh, and of course Jack as the leading man and Sam and Jack undeniable CONFIRMATION
        Yes me too....I never really took to Cam, or Vala for that matter....I want my old team back

AND CONFIRMATION between Jack and Sam

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
        Exactly! This one won't be any different. All of SG-1 will have their moments.

As for someone mentioning that they believed this could be the last SG-1 movie, I completely disagree. The first two sold really well, and I don't see that changing for this movie. So why would they stop making successful movies? I think we will get at least a couple more movies after this third one.
        I hope there is more SG-1 movies...I'd miss them way too much!
        sigpic

Comment

I never really took to Cam, or Vala for that matter....I want my old team back

AND CONFIRMATION between Jack and Sam
          The thing about that is, if they leave out characters, or comfirm a relationship, they would make as many people very unhappy as they make happy. While my own feeling is that the character of Vala skewed the show toward overt (and to my mind, somewhat questionable) humor, and that there is no Sam/Jack relationship to confirm (and hasn't been since the Zatarc incident), there are many, many people who would disagree vehemently. Their desires are equally valid, so I expect that we will see any characters whose actors are available appear in the movie, and have neither confirmation, nor denial. That way everyone will continue to be able to take what they wish from the show.

Comment

I love to see them explore the threat in this Unverise that sent the Destiny team fleeing for their lives. There has to be something behind that threat.

And I would want ALL the charactors in the movie (Daniel, Sam, Teal'c, Cam, Vala and of course Jack)!!!
            MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
            MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
            POLARIS TORONTO 2007
            CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
            GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
            VCON VANCOUVER 2010
            FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

The thing about that is, if they leave out characters, or comfirm a relationship, they would make as many people very unhappy as they make happy. While my own feeling is that the character of Vala skewed the show toward overt (and to my mind, somewhat questionable) humor, and that there is no Sam/Jack relationship to confirm (and hasn't been since the Zatarc incident), there are many, many people who would disagree vehemently. Their desires are equally valid, so I expect that we will see any characters whose actors are available appear in the movie, and have neither confirmation, nor denial. That way everyone will continue to be able to take what they wish from the show.
              But everyone won't. At some point, story arcs should be resolved, or it's just bad writing. They've revisited the Sam/Jack story several times since Divide and Conquer, with no clear resolution one way or the other and it really doesn't make most fans of that particular relationship happy to leave it in limbo- and it is (or was) a pretty big fan group, as "single issue" fan groups go.

It's no different than never hearing about the Odyssey ever again- the only people that would make happy are those of us who didn't want to see that kind of ship in Stargate SG-1. It would be poor continuity to never see another 304 again, but I'd like it, just like you'd rather not see any more about a Sam and Jack romance. That doesn't make for good story-telling, though.

So while it's perfectly valid to have differing opinions over the characteristics and relative importance of any story arc, I wouldn't presume to state that not finishing it is going to let people take what they wish from the show. It won't. They can't make all of the people happy all of the time- when they try they get really twisted up just like they did with Weir in SGA.
              Last edited by VSS; 01 January 2009, 04:20 AM.

Comment

wish they make a movie that doesnt take any history from the series.
                since if it's gonna be a movie that people that havent seen the show dont need 1 days lecture about what has happend in SG.
                watched SG con with a friend , and i had to tell him about baal and what kinda alien he was, and who those other was.
                but would like some good old exploring,guns,lazers,sg1 , a good villain,space battle
                and a good story
                now my brothers in arms,, i stand before you now, like our for father did in the heed of battel,let us take the steel and our honor to victory

Comment

But everyone won't. At some point, story arcs should be resolved, or it's just bad writing. They've revisited the Sam/Jack story several times since Divide and Conquer, with no clear resolution one way or the other and it really doesn't make most fans of that particular relationship happy to leave it in limbo- and it is (or was) a pretty big fan group, as "single issue" fan groups go.

It's no different than never hearing about the Odyssey ever again- the only people that would make happy are those of us who didn't want to see that kind of ship in Stargate SG-1. It would be poor continuity to never see another 304 again, but I'd like it, just like you'd rather not see any more about a Sam and Jack romance. That doesn't make for good story-telling, though.

So while it's perfectly valid to have differing opinions over the characteristics and relative importance of any story arc, I wouldn't presume to state that not finishing it is going to let people take what they wish from the show. It won't. They can't make all of the people happy all of the time- when they try they get really twisted up just like they did with Weir in SGA.
                  We'll have to agree to disagree on this. I've seen nothing that would indicate Sam/Jack to me since 'Divide and Conquer' that wasn't done with a bit of a wink, or as a statement open enough to be interpreted as an indication of 'ship by those that wished, and otherwise by those who do not. And I'm absolutely certain that's completely intentional.

I wouldn't call that bad writing so much as a clear awareness that there are several points of view within the fandom. I don't think there is anything wrong with them giving 'ship fans a little something to work with, just as I don't expect them to explicitly rule it out to please people like me who don't think they'd have broken regs. As long as no one seriously demands (and I'm not implying that statements made here are meant to be taken as a line in the sand) that what they believe be made fact, to the exclusion of all other points of view, I think we're all okay. The very fact that people are calling for 'confirmation', rather than 'resolution' emphasizes what a bad idea it would be for the writers and producers to come down one way or the other on this, because every group feels just as strongly about their own personal fanon.

wish they make a movie that doesnt take any history from the series.
                  since if it's gonna be a movie that people that havent seen the show dont need 1 days lecture about what has happend in SG.
                  watched SG con with a friend , and i had to tell him about baal and what kinda alien he was, and who those other was.
                  but would like some good old exploring,guns,lazers,sg1 , a good villain,space battle
                  and a good story
                  They could do a story with a new villain to contend with, but there's no getting around the need to understand the history of the team, and how their various experiences shaped who they are and how they relate to each other. That's a big part of what makes Stargate SG-1 what it is, and why people have such strong feelings about the characters.
                  Last edited by amconway; 01 January 2009, 03:18 PM.

Comment

I wouldn't call that bad writing so much as a clear awareness that there are several points of view within the fandom. I don't think there is anything wrong with them giving 'ship fans a little something to work with, just as I don't expect them to explicitly rule it out to please people like me who don't think they'd have broken regs.
                    the regs shouldn't be an issue since Threads, assuming they're not in a direct COC

As long as no one seriously demands (and I'm not implying that statements made here are meant to be taken as a line in the sand) that what they believe be made fact, to the exclusion of all other points of view, I think we're all okay. The very fact that people are calling for 'confirmation', rather than 'resolution' emphasizes what a bad idea it would be for the writers and producers to come down one way or the other on this,
                    I guess folks want confirmation because they feel we already got resolution in Threads

because every group feels just as strongly about their own personal fanon.
                    true but we're talking about canon
                    sigpic
                    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I think you better tell me your view of Threads, we may not be on the same page...

Comment

I think you better tell me your view of Threads, we may not be on the same page...
                        Sam dumped Pete and Jack said he'd always be there for her (resolution). then they promoted him and he moved to Washington which meant Sam wasn't in his COC anymore. there have been several hints at S/J throughout s9, s10, s4 of Atlantis and Continuum imo. also BW said he's writing a shall we say romantic scene (S/J) for the third SG-1 movie...
                        sigpic

Comment

Sam dumped Pete and Jack said he'd always be there for her (resolution). then they promoted him and he moved to Washington which meant Sam wasn't in his COC anymore. there have been several hints at S/J throughout s9, s10, s4 of Atlantis and Continuum imo. also BW said he's writing a shall we say romantic scene (S/J) for the third SG-1 movie...
                          Okay, that's what I thought you meant, but I wanted to make sure. This doesn't negate what I'm saying, as there is nothing overt here, just things that were specifially written to be interpreted as the individual fan saw fit. The only actual canon it that Sam dumped Pete, and Jack went to Washington. Everything else is open to interpretation-there is no 'right' and 'wrong' about it. Quite purposely, in my opinion. I'm not saying that you are wrong in your belief, what I'm saying is that neither am I. That's a good thing, not a writing error. ; ) As to the romantic scene, that could mean many, many things.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                            Sam dumped Pete and Jack said he'd always be there for her (resolution). then they promoted him and he moved to Washington which meant Sam wasn't in his COC anymore. there have been several hints at S/J throughout *s9, s10, s4 of Atlantis and **Continuum imo. also BW said he's writing a shall we say romantic sceneS/J) for the third SG-1 movie...
                            *Where?
                            **I hope you aren't talking about Fruit loop.....
                            Last edited by madaboutdanny; 01 January 2009, 04:54 PM.
                            sigpic
                            Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

Okay, that's what I thought you meant, but I wanted to make sure. This doesn't negate what I'm saying, as there is nothing overt here,
                              S/J's always been very subtle imo

just things that were specifially written to be interpreted as the individual fan saw fit. The only actual canon it that Sam dumped Pete, and Jack went to Washington. Everything else is open to interpretation-there is no 'right' and 'wrong' about it. Quite purposely, in my opinion. I'm not saying that you are wrong in your belief, what I'm saying is that neither am I. That's a good thing, not a writing error. ; ) As to the romantic scene, that could mean many, many things.
                              yup I completely agree however it'd be kinda strange (and against regs) for her to have a pic of Jack in her Atlantis quarters if they're not in a relationship anyway it's pretty obvious imo. even some of TPTB have said they've been together since Threads ie Joe and the actors seem to agree. however that's off-screen so not canon

Originally posted by madaboutdanny View Post
                              *Where?
                              I don't remember everything, you'd have to ask the S/J shippers for a complete list. Sam used several Jackisms during s9 and s10. as for Continuum, I was referring to Sam's reaction when Cam asked her what was going on
                              sigpic

Comment

*Where?
                                I was purposely trying to avoid specific debate on the correctness or incorrectness of any individual subsection of fandom, partly because we know where that will go (brrrrrr......), and partly because my argument is that it doesn't matter. That's why I only responded in the most general sense. Canon does not give us answers on this, and that is all to the good. It allows each of us to cherish our own beliefs as fans.

yup I completely agree however it'd be kinda strange (and against regs) for her to have a pic of Jack in her Atlantis quarters if they're not in a relationship anyway it's pretty obvious imo. even some of TPTB have said they've been together since Threads ie Joe and the actors seem to agree. however that's off-screen so not canon
                                Y'know, I'm really trying here... It would be very helpful if you met me halfway, instead of giving me a response that virtually demands that I rebut with specific arguments as to why it's not obvious.

Comment

Working...
                                X