Third SG-1 movie ("Stargate Revolution") Ship Free hopes/speculation/ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jenks View Post
    They're also interested in money, and I doubt anything they'll be appearing in will pay as well as the Stargate DVD movies
    I doubt that's true. Who knows what the future holds for any of them. Stargate isn't exactly well known is it, I doubt they are paid more than the going rate for tv movies.
    sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Waiting (Im) Patiently writes: “Brad’s Q&A?? Before you guys break?”

Answer: Brad has four scripts to work on in addition to a series to prep. The Q&A will have to wait until I get back from Tokyo.

ShardsofGlass writes: “On November 17 you said the SG-1 DVD movie had been greenlighted. Then on the 18th, you said that there was only a plan to produce one SGA movie next year. Does that mean, even though SG-1 was greenlighted, it won’t be made next year?”

Answer: The SG-1 movie and the SGA movie are two different movies. Both will be produced next year.
      http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...d-the-mailbag/
      sigpic
      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
        I doubt that's true. Who knows what the future holds for any of them. Stargate isn't exactly well known is it, I doubt they are paid more than the going rate for tv movies.
        Well yeah, it is. I'm not saying the movies are exactly massive projects, but what else are they likely to be appearing in? A few guest appearances in TV shows or a regular role (in Amandas case) at best? And as for their pay check, I'm sure it'll be well over the going rate for TV movies, I mean these actors have had 10 years worth of negotiated contracts under their belts (well AT, MS and CJ have) and I seriously doubt they'd accept anything less than what they were already getting, in fact they're probably getting paid more.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
          Well yeah, it is. I'm not saying the movies are exactly massive projects, but what else are they likely to be appearing in? A few guest appearances in TV shows or a regular role (in Amandas case) at best? And as for their pay check, I'm sure it'll be well over the going rate for TV movies, I mean these actors have had 10 years worth of negotiated contracts under their belts (well AT, MS and CJ have) and I seriously doubt they'd accept anything less than what they were already getting, in fact they're probably getting paid more.
          Stargate isn't that well known in general, it airs on minority stations etc, that's what I meant.

As for what else they could be appearing in, well in Michael's case he has already won recurring parts on 24 and Burn Notice. Voiced two audio dramas, made a number of movies and is currently filming yet another movie. And managed to fit in a couple of episodes of Atlantis. All since SG1 finished - I don't get the feeling he's exactly hanging around waiting for the Stargate ptb to call! That said I am sure he will find the time to fit in another Stargate movie if it does happen.
          sigpic

Comment

I think they need to be very careful just how they use RDA/Jack in the next one, if it doesn't shoot until next summer he will be almost sixty and even though he is still a great looking guy he does look his age. If they don't try to write him as the all action hero type then I hope we get lots of him, leave that stuff to the young guys like Daniel, Mitchell and Teal'c. I found watching Harrison Ford in the last Indie movie more than a little sad and really don't want something like that for RDA.
            he was 56 in s8, not much of a difference imo
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
              I still believe in a big screen SG-1 movie. I hope the new Star Trek movie will convince MGM that it could work. Maybe they should make an SG-1-Atlantis cross-over episode to win every SG fan. The Serenity movie cost "only" 30-35 million dollar, so if we count how perfect could the SG staff divide up such budget (for bigger paying check, shooting locations, alien creatures and environments), than I think they could make a such scifi movie, what will reach the heart of every scifi fan. And even if it would be weak, than they could earn the money back from ticket and DVD sales. I really can't understand why MGM doesn't try to bring the franchise to an ever higher level.
              Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
              IIRC it was actually 39 million
              Serenity barely broke even

Domestic: $25,514,517 65.6%
              + Foreign: $13,354,947 34.4%
              = Worldwide: $38,869,464

Production Budget: $39 million

I think that as long as tptb are willing to make further movies the actors will be too. Don't forget that these movies are made very quickly and that after so many years the actors know their characters and can slip back into them easily. They can always shoot around people just like they did with Michael when he couldn't make the Continuum artic shoot because of his other work commitments.

AOT and Continuum made money and there is no reason why the next movies shouldn't either as long as they don't shoot themselves in the foot with one of them and end up pis*ing off too many of the fans.

I think they need to be very careful just how they use RDA/Jack in the next one, if it doesn't shoot until next summer he will be almost sixty and even though he is still a great looking guy he does look his age. If they don't try to write him as the all action hero type then I hope we get lots of him, leave that stuff to the young guys like Daniel, Mitchell and Teal'c. I found watching Harrison Ford in the last Indie movie more than a little sad and really don't want something like that for RDA.

It would be great to see a return to the wonderful relationship between Jack and Daniel, to explore how the dynamic of that relationship has changed. Daniel has become bigger and stronger over the years, he has become the action hero type now - which is a natural progression given all that has happened to the character. I would like to see that role reversal explored and have it acknowledge by the characters. I miss seeing MS and RDA in scenes they really do bring out the best in each other. I miss the real Jack and if we get the alternate Jack from Continuum I will be more than happy.
              Seriously?
              INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL

TOTAL LIFETIME GROSSES
              Domestic: $317,023,851 40.3%
              + Foreign: $468,977,560 59.7%
              = Worldwide: $786,001,411

Obviously, the majority didn't agree with you!

Comment

he was 56 in s8, not much of a difference imo
                ok I respect that you are a RDA fan but in 2009 when they are going to shooting the movie RDA will be 59 past leading man action hero status there comes a time when people have accept that he's not that man anymore he was good before but not as the lead anymore
                sigpic
                My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                  ok I respect that you are a RDA fan but in 2009 when they are going to shooting the movie RDA will be 59 past leading man action hero status there comes a time when people have accept that he's not that man anymore he was good before but not as the lead anymore
                  see post above! Harrison Ford helped earn over 700 mil $ for the last Indy movie! It's all about how they write him! RDA/Jack can be the leading man once again; it's up to the writers!

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
                    see post above! Harrison Ford helped earn over 700 mil $ for the last Indy movie! It's all about how they write him! RDA/Jack can be the leading man once again; it's up to the writers!
                    I watched that movie too and I thought it was Harrison's last big pay day it was all about the money they wrapped up story lines and decided to give Indy one last adventure and give him a son

Harrison Ford is also a much bigger actor than RDA and has more range
                    sigpic
                    My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I watched that movie too and I thought it was Harrison's last big pay day it was all about the money they wrapped up story lines and decided to give Indy one last adventure and give him a son
                      So? That means the 3rd SG-1 movie might be the last (I personally think it will be the last one since most of the actors have new projects to work on, I admit I'm a little surprised it'll even be made)

Comment

of course RDA's not the action hero anymore, so what? this movie will focus on Jack, he's in charge of HWS. btw how old was Hammond in s3's Into the Fire? 60?
                        sigpic

Comment

So? That means the 3rd SG-1 movie might be the last (I personally think it will be the last one since most of the actors have new projects to work on, I admit I'm a little surprised it'll even be made)
                          I think it should be Jack's last one but the way BW is inlove with RDA it won't be but I would like to see more from Daniel, Vala and Cam. I don't know about Sam in my mind she is running area 51 and doing all the projects she wanted to do but didn't have time to spend on while she was on SG-1 and running Atlantis. I have always seen her scientific work as more of her passion than her military service others may disagree with me but from my own experence with members of my family who are scientists and engineers it is a major driving force in their lives their scientific work. I have had many debates with people on this site about this so that's why I am testy about this subject. In my mind it makes sense for Teal'c to be finally governing the Jaffa unless they make it so Teal'c likes to expore all of the sudden.

With the movies it is much more easier to be flexible so MS,CB,AT,BB,BB,CJ and RDA can have the best of both worlds doing their projects and getting together with their buddies.
                          sigpic

Comment

of course RDA's not the action hero anymore, so what? this movie will focus on Jack, he's in charge of HWS. btw how old was Hammond in s3's Into the Fire? 60?
                            But the problem with that is Hammond was always a supporting character Jack was the lead character. Jack as a general didn't work for me he didn't have the presence Hammond did. DD was also a character actor RDA is not so it is apples and oranges to me
                            sigpic

Comment

Serenity barely broke even

Domestic: $25,514,517 65.6%
                              + Foreign: $13,354,947 34.4%
                              = Worldwide: $38,869,464

Production Budget: $39 million

Seriously?
                              INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL

TOTAL LIFETIME GROSSES
                              Domestic: $317,023,851 40.3%
                              + Foreign: $468,977,560 59.7%
                              = Worldwide: $786,001,411

Obviously, the majority didn't agree with you!
                              Seriously? Yes. How on Earth does that prove that the majority didn't agree with me? I paid to see the movie, took my family along too. It was after watching it that I formed the opinion that it was indeed a little sad to see Ford in the role. Who knows how many people who went along don't agree with me?

There comes a time in every actors life when some roles are just not suitable anymore. Ford as Indie in the last movie was an example of this to me and I believe that RDA has also reached the point where if Jack is written as an action hero then maybe he should think about turning down the role, or requesting a rewrite.
                              sigpic

Comment

Seriously? Yes. How on Earth does that prove that the majority didn't agree with me? I paid to see the movie, took my family along too. It was after watching it that I formed the opinion that it was indeed a little sad to see Ford in the role. Who knows how many people who went along don't agree with me?

There comes a time in every actors life when some roles are just not suitable anymore. Ford as Indie in the last movie was an example of this to me and I believe that RDA has also reached the point where if Jack is written as an action hero then maybe he should think about turning down the role, or requesting a rewrite.
                                I think it's idiotic to pay for something that you can sample first, without sampling it first...

Comment

Working...
                                X