Third SG-1 movie ("Stargate Revolution") Ship Free hopes/speculation/ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jenks View Post
    It would be a nice way for him to go I suppose, but a bit out of character IMO, I mean he wouldn't ascend before when his life depended on it...
    He wouldnt ascend when his SOUL depended on it, he would rather had Daniel "end it".

Jack would never choose to ascend
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Originally posted by stargatefan234 View Post
      He wouldnt ascend when his SOUL depended on it, he would rather had Daniel "end it".

He also said he wouldn't blend with a Tok'ra. Of course, that didn't end so well either...

Comment

It would be a nice way for him to go I suppose, but a bit out of character IMO, I mean he wouldn't ascend before when his life depended on it...
        Originally posted by stargatefan234 View Post

If it would only mean his saving Jack wouldn't ascend, what if it meant saving Earth?
        No, I don't want Jack to die; after all they didn't kill Hammond they retired him!
        When/if RDA doesn't want to be involved in the movies I want him to retire and be with Sam, Landry takes over HWS and Sam takes over SGC...

Comment

No-No-No Why in the world should Jack die? Yes, he will die sometime but now that for the most part he is no longer in the field there is every reason to believe his death will come about at the end of a very, very long and rich life. Maybe he could get married or at least have someone he could be close to that wouldn't involve a breach of command protocols.
          Michael Shanks in Local Custom and Ben Browder in Interlopers

Comment

Originally posted by ruach View Post
            No-No-No Why in the world should Jack die? Yes, he will die sometime but now that for the most part he is no longer in the field there is every reason to believe his death will come about at the end of a very, very long and rich life. Maybe he could get married or at least have someone he could be close to that wouldn't involve a breach of command protocols.
            He's already been married.

And he's had a richer life than most of us; travelling through the Stargate for 12~ years. Heck, even outside of the Galaxy on a fair few occasions.

58's reasonably old; my dad's age actually... Wow.

But still, better him to go out in his "prime", guns blazing, warrior-klingon style; than from some fatigued induced illness when he's 90~ something.

It ties up the character nicely, and gives him a proper farewell, instead of petering out.

Comment

Originally posted by ruach View Post
              What good is that for the viewer?

Comment

Originally posted by Murdock View Post
                If there is to be a third movie mainly involving richard dean anderson as the star shouldnt he just finally go out in a hail of glory like shooting some bad guy to death or fist fighting a regenerating bad guy to death or drive a ship into a bad guys ship or something amazing?! I mean come on he has really not had his heart in it since season 7. And season 8 was a joke oneill was hardly in it. what do you guys think. Remember he is aging and he isnt as young as he used to be. I think he should give this 3rd movie everything he had left and then they kill him off. seriously glorify him in his final movie. Cause that 5 mins in continuum was a JOKE. well let me hear what you guys think. by the way i am a big RDA fan i just want i last blast from oneill and then he go out with a bang.
                NO

He does?
                nah he doesn't
                sigpic
                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                  NO
                  I second that. With a slighty bigger NO
                  sigpic

Comment

Teal'c would never let Jack die in battle unless he died too. As much as I would love to see Jack and Teal'c fighting side by side to the death to save SG-1/Earth, I don't think they should kill off Teal'c and Jack.

But seriously, Jack is my favorite character and if they killed him off I wouldn't mind, because:

A: The show's over and movies are a whole 'nother ball game, in fact killing off a major character for real makes you think that others could die and therefore makes the movie better.

B: Jack's been gone since S7. I thought he made a comeback in TLC and then in S8 as the SGC commander, but that only lasted one year and he still wasn't the Jack of yore.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                      I second that. With a slighty bigger NO
                      I'm gonna third that with a red NO!
                      sigpic
                      Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

I hope TPTB don't kill Jack. But I'm one vote among many and writers do what writers do. SG1 was never the same without Richard Dean Anderson and I would be hard pressed to enjoy any further movies if Jack died in the third one.
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                          I hope TPTB don't kill Jack. But I'm one vote among many and writers do what writers do. SG1 was never the same without Richard Dean Anderson and I would be hard pressed to enjoy any further movies if Jack died in the third one.
                          Take it you didn't like Ark of Truth, then?

Or most of Continuum?

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post
                            Take it you didn't like Ark of Truth, then?

Or most of Continuum?
                            Yes, and yesl oh and S9-10 too...

Comment

No, no, no ,no, no, no,
                              no means no, and so does pepper spray
                              Sig by The Carpenter
                              sigpic

Comment

He does?

Yes, of course Jack still loves Sara. She is the one he calls out to, the one he writes to when he thinks he is dieing. He still has her picture on his wall. He refused to discuss her with a subordinate officer, preferring to keep their relationship private. In so many episodes his love and concern for her has been plain to see.

I don't think killing Jack in the next movie would be a good way for them to send off the character.

The amazing chemistry between Jack and Sara and between RDA and the actress who played his wife should be revisited. I really think Jack deserves a happy ending after all these years of being alone. J/S have so much history, they loved and lost a son, they were married for years and I think that if Sara hadn't been the one to leave Jack they would still be together.

If the third movie turns out ot be the last we see of Jack I for one don't want it to end with his death.
                                sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Working...
                                X