Third SG-1 movie ("Stargate Revolution") Ship Free hopes/speculation/ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
    Whilst I would like it if he were around more...he is not neccssary to the third movies plot. They can do it with out him.
    actually he is
    GW: Will future SG-1 movies necessarily include the entire cast or might you choose to tell a story that doesn't involve everyone?

BW: That's a very good question. For me, an SG-1 movie should include O'Neill. That's how I feel about Stargate.

GW: You were spinning your third movie idea. What can you tell us?

BW: It's an O'Neill story, and I would include as many of our cast as we could, both financially and in terms of availability. These are talented people. They may well not be available at our beck and call the next time we want to make a movie, and that's what happens. But you know what? They have a good time when they come. I think these guys had a good time making Continuum.
    http://gateworld.net/interviews/brea...e_part_1.shtml
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
      Well...that can mean anything...and he is not neccessary, they are just choosing to make a third movie about him.

Comment

Well...that can mean anything...and he is not neccessary, they are just choosing to make a third movie about him.
        BW said it's a Jack story which means he is necessary
        sigpic

Comment

BW said it's a Jack story which means he is necessary
          But he is not neccessary to make future movies, they are just choosing it, it could just as easily be about the Monkies of P-99-10000000

Comment

But he is not neccessary to make future movies, they are just choosing it, it could just as easily be about the Monkies of P-99-10000000
            true but you were talking about the third movie
            Whilst I would like it if he were around more...he is not neccssary to the third movies plot. They can do it with out him.
            sigpic

Comment

true but you were talking about the third movie
              Well, even then he is not. As much as BW wants it to be about him, it might not be.

Comment

there's been SOOO much news lately about the franchise, that it's easy to get things confused (for me that is ).

so...

atlantis movies will be written by joe mallozzi and paul mullie.

the 3rd sg1 movie will be written by brad wright.

stargate universe will be written by brad wright and rob cooper.

i hope the 3rd sg1 movie is filmed before universe. i want the movie to get first priority (for selfish reasons ).

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                  there's been SOOO much news lately about the franchise, that it's easy to get things confused (for me that is ).

so...

atlantis movies will be written by joe mallozzi and paul mullie.

the 3rd sg1 movie will be written by brad wright.

stargate universe will be written by brad wright and rob cooper.

i hope the 3rd sg1 movie is filmed before universe. i want the movie to get first priority (for selfish reasons ).

sally
                  Yeah, SGU might be good. But it will never be classic like SG-1.

Comment

Well, even then he is not. As much as BW wants it to be about him, it might not be.
                    huh? how so? BW said
                    It's an O'Neill story [...]
                    sigpic

Comment

huh? how so? BW said
                      And yes that is his descsion, but he could just have easily have said that it was a Furling story.

Comment

And yes that is his descsion, but he could just have easily have said that it was a Furling story.
                        true but all I'm saying is if the third movie is indeed an O'Neill story then Jack's most certainly essential to the plot
                        sigpic

Comment

true but all I'm saying is if the third movie is indeed an O'Neill story then Jack's most certainly essential to the plot
                          Well then you get down to precisely which Jack O'Neill he is talking about.

Comment

As far as market saturation, I'd say anything beyond two of each show would be pushing it. Personally I wouldn't spend $90+ a year on Stargate movies of the current caliber. I've liked them, but they're popcorn flicks, and Continuum didn't even add any level of character development other than saying the System Lords are defeated (which we knew) and that Jack is still close with SG-1 (which we assumed).
                            sigpic
                            "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                            ~David Hewlett

Comment

I think they should get david Hewlett involved with the movie, not in acting, but I liked "a dogs breakfast" and he's a terrific actor, I bet he'd have a new fresh take on directing or producing stargate shows that the current guys' who've been around for a decade or so, may not think about.

Comment

Here's where BW says he's writing the script:
                                Along the Continuum Part 2.

But yeah, the ball definitely needs to get rolling, I had certainly hoped to have heard something by now. I wonder how much time he will have to work on this with SGU supposedly premiering in the summer.

Comment

Working...
                                X