No announcement yet.

Third SG-1 movie ("Stargate Revolution") Ship Free hopes/speculation/ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I for one sure hope we hear something soon about a third SG-1 movie. I can't wait to see the team again.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I recall a while back the big thing about Wright saying how he believes the SG-1 movies 'need O'Neill' and that the third one is an 'O'Neill story'. There was a lot of discussion as to just what extent he was calling such a thing, as many fans thought Continuum would feature RDA more extensively based on early statements.

If he's talking about a genuine 'O'Neill front and center' piece for the first time in I don't know how long, then we have a general idea of... well, very little, but we have that much.

If he's talking about a 'Special Appearance By' again, then we basically know nothing.
      If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

yes i too was thinking about a trust movie, maybe a 2 part. part 1 gets the supossed elimination of TT but set up part 2 with a few surviving and sg1 finishing the job, but it wouldnt be the main plot (of 2)

Comment

DasNdanger also writes: “If the first movie is well-supported and successful, then how often do you see SGA movies being produced? Once a year? Twice? More - less?”

Answer: This is a scheduling issue. I think that we could produce as many as three Stargate (either SG-1 or Atlantis) movies a year. Four is a longshot but very possible.
          http://gateworld.net/news/2008/08/ma...lantisi_.shtml

I would like to see a Teal'c, Vala, Ronon and Teyla cross-over movie. That would be cool. Only "aliens". Maybe they could play cardgame and speak about their feelings with SGC and Atlantis expedition.
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
            http://gateworld.net/news/2008/08/ma...lantisi_.shtml

I would like to see a Teal'c, Vala, Ronon and Teyla cross-over movie. That would be cool. Only "aliens". Maybe they could play cardgame and speak about their feelings with SGC and Atlantis expedition.
            I would love that!
            If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

If they want to continue SG1 and SGA as a movie franchise I would think they do need to roll out at least 1 movie (for both) per year, won't people loose interest if there's nothing happening for too long?
              sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=SamJackShipLover;8813210]If they want to continue SG1 and SGA as a movie franchise I would think they do need to roll out at least 1 movie (for both) per year, won't people loose interest if there's nothing happening for too long?[/QUOTE]

Yes, they will.

I doubt, though, that we will get any movies after the next couple. If Universe is a success they will ditch SG1 and Atlantis so fast it will make the gate spin all on its own. Out with the old and in with the new, younger, shinier and most important of all cheaper.

We will get a run of cheaply made straight to dvd Universe movies, churned out at a fast rate to milk as much money as possible from all of the Stargate junkies out there.
                sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Stargate : Worlds game can be a great success, which can bring new viewers to the Stargate : Universe and make fans buy the newest SG DVD movies. If they could make 2 SG-1 and 2 Atlantis movie in every year, than they could release a movie in every quarter year. That would be awesome.

But I still believe the biggest jump could be an SG-1 theatrical movie, what could be made from 10-20 million dollar, but they could win back much more.

Jeff O'Connor: Thanks.
                  "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

There will be a thrid movie, this has been confirmed by pretty much everyone, basically it's now a matter of schedule (getting a time when all the actors are free) and writing it. My guess is there will be a third SG-1 movie in production sometime next spring.

Comment

Originally posted by timtonruben359 View Post
                      There will be a thrid movie, this has been confirmed by pretty much everyone, basically it's now a matter of schedule (getting a time when all the actors are free) and writing it. My guess is there will be a third SG-1 movie in production sometime next spring.
                      I sure hope that ends up being the case. I really do. Official confirmation of something will go a long way for me.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

If there is a third SG-1 movie it will ALMOST make up for them cancilling Atlantis but what is really needed is a third SG-1 the first Atlantis movie and then a joint SG-1 Atlantis movie when you see the Rebel Jaffa come and help in peagusus and lots of big space battles and ground battles and some cool history stuff now that will be cool.
                        sigpic

Comment

Stargate
                          Stargate: Ark of Truth
                          Stargate: Continuum

We have three movies already.
                          My signature go bye-bye, Lindbergh is sad.

Comment

Stargate SG-1 third movie. Stargate was not an SG-1 movie, so there have only been two movies. I wonder if the alternate Mitchell meant to say cut the green cheese?
                            That is just my two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Browncoat1984 View Post
                              Stargate SG-1 third movie. Stargate was not an SG-1 movie, so there have only been two movies. I wonder if the alternate Mitchell meant to say cut the green cheese?
                              Actually, Ark Of Truth and Continuum werent SG1 movies, they were Stargate movies, so really we're looking at the Fourth Stargate movie with the Fifth Stargate movie being based around Atlantis.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

We still need a TRUST movie on earth to tie up that and the last of the lesser guaould!

Comment

Working...
                                X