X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
    *considers responding to inane post*

*realizes you'll never, ever see past your bias, hatred and vitriol*

*decides to let your zealous "devotion" to ripping down an actress and a character speak for itself*

And btw...it's CANCELED. One "L" (at least that's what the spell-checker is screaming).
    So my post was inane and yet your post wasn't? And cancelled does indeed have two ll's. Unless you are American and after all there is a reason it is called English...the clue is in the name.
    sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
      Oh I don't intend to waste money buying them!!!
      If you have no intention to buy any of them, what's the point talking about them at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Truskawka View Post
        If you have no intention to buy any of them, what's the point talking about them at all?
        I still intend to see them.
        sigpic

Comment

I hope by renting the DVDs, and not another way!

Comment

Originally posted by Truskawka View Post
            I hope by renting the DVDs, and not another way!
            Of course!!!
            sigpic

Comment

But you see when I read over and over again the same tripe from the same small handfull of posters bashing a character I love it gets my back up.

And this thread is about the movies, not the cancelled series. So same personality but different topic.

And since the character we are talking about is about to ruin another show I love and have enjoyed watching and has displaced a character I love, I feel I must continue to post.

Which character do love again (besides Daniel?) And this bashing you do, is in retribution for some people not liking one of your favorite characters? So you read other threads when these people say negative things about your loved character and then look for threads which talk about Carter, enter them and try to get even? Why don't you just put those small handful of people on ignore so you don't have to suffer having one of your favorite characters bashed?

OK, let me see if I understand this. As the series is now over personal likes or dislikes of characters is really a moot point, so you stopped bashing Carter in the series. But now since you're talking about the movies, it's OK to continue on with your same talking points bashing Carter (and AT) because it's the movie and not the series. That's your logic?

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                Which character do love again (besides Daniel?) And this bashing you do, is in retribution for some people not liking one of your favorite characters? So you read other threads when these people say negative things about your loved character and then look for threads which talk about Carter, enter them and try to get even? Why don't you just put those small handful of people on ignore so you don't have to suffer having one of your favorite characters bashed?

OK, let me see if I understand this. As the series is now over personal likes or dislikes of characters is really a moot point, so you stopped bashing Carter in the series. But now since you're talking about the movies, it's OK to continue on with your same talking points bashing Carter (and AT) because it's the movie and not the series. That's your logic?
                I love Daniel, Jack,Teal'c, Vala, Weir, Carson, Hammond, Siler, Walter, Ronin, MacKay and I like Mitchell, Landry and John. I really don't see why I shouldn't post whatever I want to post about a fictional character. If you only want to see positive, nice posts full of things like 'my goodness isn't x wonderful/smart/good looking/the best thing since sliced bread etc, etc, then I suggest you stick to some types of fan fiction, this is a forum and as such negative posts are going to be seen.

I hate Carter. I think she has ruined the show. I think it is a huge mistake to have her in any future movies. I would like SG1 to continue in some form but with Carter on board I don't see that happening. So yes, it is okay and logical to continue on with my opinion of the character, that hasn't changed.
                sigpic

Comment

<snip>
                  I will watch the movies in spite of her not because of her.
                  I know exactly how you feel. You see, I am probably going to actually buy the movie in spite of the fact that it will most likely center around Daniel and Vala saving the galaxy from the ever-boring Ori.

I will probably buy it in hopes that there may be some nice moments between Sam, Teal’c, Daniel, Vala, and Mitchell. I might also buy it in hope that Sam, Cam, and Teal’c will not be practically non-existent like they have been for the past season or two. I seriously doubt my hopes will be realized, but I will probably still take the chance in hopes of seeing some good team interaction.

You know, I almost wish Sam wasn’t in it. That way, fans of the “new” incarnation of SG-1 (like you) could buy/rent the movie and enjoy watching Daniel and Vala save the day single-handedly. Then I wouldn’t have to waste my time and money sitting through 90 minutes of a story I don’t find interesting just for the hope of possibly seeing some interesting scenes with Sam, Teal’c, and Cam (I can’t help it, I actually like the guy lately ). I have already been doing that for the past season and a half and it is getting really old.

If Sam were not in the movie, then we could also see just how popular the general public finds the so-called "team" you seem to adore. I already suspect that sales will be low as it is, even with Sam in the movie. Without Sam, I suspect that sales would probably be low enough to end all hope of any future movies. That’s probably why they decided to include her in the movie. This way fans who agree with you will probably buy/rent the movie just to see Daniel and Vala and fans like me will be more tempted to buy it to see the whole team (including Sam) once more. Smart move on the part of MGM, if you ask me.

Comment

I love Daniel, Jack,Teal'c, Vala, Weir, Carson, Hammond, Siler, Walter, Ronin, MacKay and I like Mitchell, Landry and John. I really don't see why I shouldn't post whatever I want to post about a fictional character. If you only want to see positive, nice posts full of things like 'my goodness isn't x wonderful/smart/good looking/the best thing since sliced bread etc, etc, then I suggest you stick to some types of fan fiction, this is a forum and as such negative posts are going to be seen.

I hate Carter. I think she has ruined the show. I think it is a huge mistake to have her in any future movies. I would like SG1 to continue in some form but with Carter on board I don't see that happening. So yes, it is okay and logical to continue on with my opinion of the character, that hasn't changed.
                    I have no clue what this has to do with my post. I asked who the character is that you love that you think a handful of people are bashing (which seems to propel you to turn around and bash Sam Carter), and why you don't put them on ignore if it bothers you. If you accept that this a forum where negative posts are going to be made, why does it get your back up when you see negative posts about your loved character?

I also don't see why it would be a huge mistake to have Carter in future movies. Sorry, the fact is that xx number people like Sam Carter; xx don't, as well. Just like xx like Vala and xx don't. If you want to sell DVDs, you try to include the likes of most of the fanbase; hence, Sam, Vala, Teal'c, Mitchell, Daniel, Ba'al, Landry, Lam and Jack (in the second movie) will all appear. If a fan's hatred of one character keeps them from buying the DVD, it's that fans own personal issue, not the PTB.

I must say that very little of what you've said in response makes sense to me, but maybe that's just me.
                    Last edited by Hubble; 20 April 2007, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                      I have no clue what this has to do with my post. I asked who the character is that you love that you think a handful of people are bashing (which seems to propel you to turn around and bash Sam Carter), and why you don't put them on ignore if it bothers you. If you accept that this a forum where negative posts are going to be made, why does it get your back up when you see negative posts about your loved character?

I also don't see why it would be a huge mistake to have Carter in future movies. Sorry, the fact is that xx number people like Sam Carter; xx don't, as well. Just like xx like Vala and xx don't. If you want to sell DVDs, you try to include the likes of most of the fanbase; hence, Sam, Vala, Teal'c, Mitchell, Daniel, Ba'al, Landry, Lam and Jack (in the second movie) will all appear. If a fan's hatred of one character keeps them from buying the DVD, it's that fans own personal issue, not the PTB.

I must say that very little of what you've said in response makes sense to me, but maybe that's just me.
                      You asked me which characters I love besides Daniel, so I listed them for you. At least that's what I thought you were asking.

It is my opinion that Carter in the movies will be a huge mistake, you don't need to see it that way at all. She is the least popular character and as such the best one to exclude if they want the movies to be a hit. I don't really understand most of your post either, even after a second read.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Melora View Post
                        I know exactly how you feel. You see, I am probably going to actually buy the movie in spite of the fact that it will most likely center around Daniel and Vala saving the galaxy from the ever-boring Ori.

I will probably buy it in hopes that there may be some nice moments between Sam, Teal’c, Daniel, Vala, and Mitchell. I might also buy it in hope that Sam, Cam, and Teal’c will not be practically non-existent like they have been for the past season or two. I seriously doubt my hopes will be realized, but I will probably still take the chance in hopes of seeing some good team interaction.

You know, I almost wish Sam wasn’t in it. That way, fans of the “new” incarnation of SG-1 (like you) could buy/rent the movie and enjoy watching Daniel and Vala save the day single-handedly. Then I wouldn’t have to waste my time and money sitting through 90 minutes of a story I don’t find interesting just for the hope of possibly seeing some interesting scenes with Sam, Teal’c, and Cam (I can’t help it, I actually like the guy lately ). I have already been doing that for the past season and a half and it is getting really old.

If Sam were not in the movie, then we could also see just how popular the general public finds the so-called "team" you seem to adore. I already suspect that sales will be low as it is, even with Sam in the movie. Without Sam, I suspect that sales would probably be low enough to end all hope of any future movies. That’s probably why they decided to include her in the movie. This way fans who agree with you will probably buy/rent the movie just to see Daniel and Vala and fans like me will be more tempted to buy it to see the whole team (including Sam) once more. Smart move on the part of MGM, if you ask me.
                        Thanks for that, I really needed a good laugh! Wipes a tear from my eye so that I can post. It's good to lighten the mood now and then.
                        sigpic

Comment

Oh I don't intend to waste money buying them!!! Or on a stamp to write to MGM, I have never written a letter to tptb yet and don't intend to start now.
                          But you see when I read over and over again the same tripe from the same small handfull of posters bashing a character I love it gets my back up.

And this thread is about the movies, not the cancelled series. So same personality but different topic.

And since the character we are talking about is about to ruin another show I love and have enjoyed watching and has displaced a character I love, I feel I must continue to post.
                          So my post was inane and yet your post wasn't? And cancelled does indeed have two ll's. Unless you are American and after all there is a reason it is called English...the clue is in the name.
                          Of course!!!

You asked me which characters I love besides Daniel, so I listed them for you. At least that's what I thought you were asking.

It is my opinion that Carter in the movies will be a huge mistake, you don't need to see it that way at all. She is the least popular character and as such the best one to exclude if they want the movies to be a hit. I don't really understand most of your post either, even after a second read.
                          Thanks for that, I really needed a good laugh! Wipes a tear from my eye so that I can post. It's good to lighten the mood now and then.
                          I like your idea of retiring Sam and marrying her to Jack ! (I'm a shipper). But let's be realistic it ain't gonna happen so long as AT wants to have something to do with Stargate. If you hate the character so much write a letter, an email, post a comment on JM's blog, anything just stop trolling this thread !!!

Comment

I think you meant she is the least popular character to you. I have yet to see any concrete data that proves Sam is an unpopular character. I have also yet to see any evidence that the movies would be "a hit" without her. I guess we will just have to wait until they make a movie without Sam to see if your theory is right.

Needless to say, I doubt MGM would have put her in both movies if they felt her presence would hurt sales. I agree with Hubble. As it stands, they stand to make money off of fans of all persuasions - Daniel fans, Vala fans, Sam fans, Teal'c fans, Cam fans, team fans, and even Jack fans with the second movie. A wise move, IMHO, as they will need all the fans they can get to buy these if they want the franchise to continue. It would be foolish to alienate any group of fans right now.

Comment

On what basis do you conclude that Carter is the least popular character of all the characters? Care to cite the statistics?

And if you love all characters you listed besides Carter, then you really must get your dander up anytime anyone says anything negative about *any* of them. So this handful of people then that you perceive to be bashing the characters you love must be quite large by now, eh?

Comment

Glad to oblige. Logical, well thought-out posts usually improve my mood as well. They are always a most-welcomed respite in the sea of lunacy that is fandom.

Comment

Working...
                                X