This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by angelfire east View Post
    At the most we get more 'gory' violence but as people have pointed out, we've had Vala burned alive so I doubt we get much 'goryer'.
    You obviously haven't scene "Talion". I wouldn't be surprised if the BBFC gave it a 18 rating here in the UK.
    Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
      How do you think TPTB will capitalize on this? Silly or Serious answers.
      My guess is; they won't. At least not in a big way. I can't see them doing nudity for the sake of nudity, and I doubt they'd push the violence and/or swearing much further than they have on the show.
      Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

I don't believe they will make the movies anymore than a PG 13 rating. Violence maybe a little swearing and some suggestive nudity. Like bare back shots, ect. The movie and the pilot were aimed at an older audiance. Since the show has been on ten years and it's aimed at families...why ruin that target audiance with a rated R movie.
        Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
          I don't believe they will make the movies anymore than a PG 13 rating. Violence maybe a little swearing and some suggestive nudity. Like bare back shots, ect. The movie and the pilot were aimed at an older audiance. Since the show has been on ten years and it's aimed at families...why ruin that target audiance with a rated R movie.
          Thats basically what they already do (see New Order part 2). Any nudity or language was relevant to the plot and they really try to watch that as they want to keep it family oriented. I don't see them doing anything more than they already do.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Other than goring the combat up, i don't see them doing anything to capitalise on no sensoring..

Comment

Well since the movies aren't being produced for basic cable, network censors won't be in the equation.

How do you think TPTB will capitalize on this? Silly or Serious answers.
              Graphic Daniel Tealc Slash?

XD

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                Bet she would for the right price.
                Shes in her 40s and has had a kid.... Do we REALLY want to see that?

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                  Just look at Angelina Jolie...

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                    I think the nudity and violence of Sha're's scenes of becoming a host in COTG's served to show the viewer the stark reality of what the Goa'uld could do by taking away all vestiges of human dignity, setting the scene for the type of enemy Earth was now faced with on opening the gate. I don't think they really need to make that point again, we all know now!!!!
                    That is a good point. That scene did show us how 'degrading' it was to become a host..

Vala's scene was used to show how single minded the Ori are in ensuring all keep in line and follow Origin. This event was the point at which we saw what the Ori were about. Again, we don't need any more reminders.
                    Good point, and it also showed imo how evil the Ori are, for killing someone who is an unbeliever, just to prove a point.

The Stargate movies I guess won't have to do these types of scenes again and I suppose there could be a bit more of the cursing as they are faced with ever more difficult challenges and become distressed..(remember Daniel in Menace after O'Neill shot Reece?!!). There will more than likely be a greater number of Ori soldiers or Jaffa to mow down with vicious gunfire too!!
                    WEll, we did get some cursing here and there, through out, mostly like a "darn, or holy s**t... but that was about the max of it..

Ignoring the fact that AT said she wouldn't do nude scenes
                    Wasn't she nude for the scene where replicarter came out the wall, the first time, with Fifth.??

Just look at Angelina Jolie...
                    Or cathryn zeta jones..

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                      He did? The only thing I remeber being edited was the first scene after the credits in Within the Serpants Grasp. When the long range comunication device is set up he says "Think it gets Showtime?" and in any subsequent airing either in regual syndication or on Scifi he says "Ooo cool tv".
                      Crichton on Farscape got away with an uncensored S-Bomb in one episode on Sci-Fi. I guess their censors missed it.

Comment

Originally posted by GateShip One View Post
                        Crichton on Farscape got away with an uncensored S-Bomb in one episode on Sci-Fi. I guess their censors missed it.
                        Probably on purpose since at that time it was their baby.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

About use of a "S-bomb", I remember Jack almost using it twice, the time you guys have pointed out and in Double Jeopardy when he was starting to fight with the robat Jack. He never finished the word becuase they started fighting. I think he said it another time when SG1 was figthing but I can't be sure.

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
                          You obviously haven't scene "Talion". I wouldn't be surprised if the BBFC gave it a 18 rating here in the UK.
                          I forgot about Talion I won't be surprised either.

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                          What a woman stops being sexy once she hits her 40s and has kids I know everything isn't as great looking as it once was but come on, women and men don't suddenly stop being sexy in their 40s or 50s.

Originally posted by GateShip One View Post
                          Really? What episode? I don't remember that, of course I'm watchign it on A-Channel and they might have taken it out.

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                          Wasn't she nude for the scene where replicarter came out the wall, the first time, with Fifth.??
                          I think she was half naked. I saw this behind the scenes thing where she was talking about how cold the room was and she wasn't looking forward to being half naked that day.
                          Last edited by angelfire east; 13 April 2007, 06:34 PM.
                          Ben Browder on who'd win a fight, Mitchell or Critchon..."Cameron would have the upper hand until Aeryn kicked his ass."

Comment

Originally posted by angelfire east View Post
                            What a woman stops being sexy once she hits her 40s and has kids I know everything isn't as great looking as it once was but come on, women and men don't suddenly stop being sexy in their 40s or 50s.
                            Heather Locklear & Morgan Fairchild.
                            sigpic
                            "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                            ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                              Oops I remember now. It's when he is talking to Klorel.
                              Yup. Klorel said something to O'Neill, to which he replied "that's bull****".

Comment

Heather Locklear & Morgan Fairchild.
                                Salma Hayek

Comment

Working...
                                X