Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone who wants to chat about a possible stargate movie in works fell free to chime in. any one who wants to talk about gays in the military, american imperialism or religion don't.
    Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

Comment

I'm jusr rather shocked at all of the closed minded prejudicial people here to be honest.

Daniel Jackson, I brought your neg rep to light because frankly... Your only negged me because I negged you.

As there apears to be demand for it. Back to Stargate 2.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
        I'm jusr rather shocked at all of the closed minded prejudicial people here to be honest.

Daniel Jackson, I brought your neg rep to light because frankly... Your only negged me because I negged you.

As there apears to be demand for it. Back to Stargate 2.

I agree with a lot of what you said I have to say but boy did this thread get off topic!

Wouldn't it be an idea to start a thread about gay characters in stargate as I think it's a valid discussion, perhaps there's already one somewhere, I'll attempt a search (still trying to find my way around here)

Anyway on topic......Stargate 2, I wouldn't be interested in a Devlin movie, I don't want to see Jack and Daniel played by anyone except RDA & MS, even in another universe. I think it would be just too confusing for more casual viewers to have two different Stargate universe versions floating around (if that makes sense)......

Thanks to Kidwizz for sig

Comment

Back on topic...

We have official news of two SG-1 movies being released directly to video.

Is there any official news about the Dean Devlin sequel?

Comment

Suprising, considering you're one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by grasshopper64 View Post
              I agree with a lot of what you said I have to say but boy did this thread get off topic!

Wouldn't it be an idea to start a thread about gay characters in stargate as I think it's a valid discussion, perhaps there's already one somewhere, I'll attempt a search (still trying to find my way around here)

Anyway on topic......Stargate 2, I wouldn't be interested in a Devlin movie, I don't want to see Jack and Daniel played by anyone except RDA & MS, even in another universe. I think it would be just too confusing for more casual viewers to have two different Stargate universe versions floating around (if that makes sense)......
              lol, indeed. I just want to apologise actually because it was me who brought up the discussion. Sorry!
              I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
              Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                Back on topic...

We have official news of two SG-1 movies being released directly to video.

Is there any official news about the Dean Devlin sequel?
                Not really, TPTB have speculated there may be a divect to DVD release, from what I've read, nothing has been confirmed...

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                  Can we just please stop this? it's turned into a war and not a civilised discussion.
                  I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                  Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by WTFOwned View Post
                    Then it would be Stargate SG-1 and not Stargate 2. For Stargate 2 was written a long time ago.
                    *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                    *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                    *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                    *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                    *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                    *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                    *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

What the hell!?

How am I prejudice for supporting the acceptance and equality of every man and woman regardless of gender, sexual orientation, colour or race?

Would you say a man who is racist is justified in his beliefs?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

What the hell!?

How am I prejudice for supporting the acceptance and equality of every man and woman regardless of gender, sexual orientation, colour or race?

Would you say a man who is racist is justified in his beliefs?
                        Beliefs don't need to be justified to anyone else, and will you stop comparing alternate views than your own to racism! Just accept that other people have different views to you and you are no more right than they are... this is the narrowmindedness I was refering to...

You may swallow all of this political correctness (imo) bull****, but it doesn't mean all of us have to!

Comment

Actually it does.

And can we stop talking about "gays" as if they're some piece of crap to be feared or hated. People who happen to be gay are just like other people and deserve the same levels of respect credited to them.

Oh and just as a side note:

In response to that. That was the second neg rep I've ever given. You earned it for refusing to engage in mature debate about a serious issue whilst rolling your eyes at valid points made by other people. You demonstrated a lack of willingness to hear any view that was not yours and you uphold what standards that are deemed unacceptable by the majority of the nations of this world that are no better than that of a racist. That is why you earned yourself a negative reputation. Not because I hate anyone who disagrees with me.
                          You do know you just ripped him for his strong religious beliefs, right. We all have opinions and some stronger then others. But don't go ripping ones religion and society as a hole doesn't approve of gay sex. And if you feel this way it doesn't make you a rascist so stop calling people rascist for their strong religious beliefs. I for one know that the majority is what makes up societies rules so gays are not excepted yet so get over it.
                          *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
                            STOP! EVERYONE JUST STOP!

This is a thread on Stargate 2! Everyone in this planet is equal to everyone else and that race, age, gender, sexual orientation are not problems at all. It's a part of who they are! They're people like you and me, dont put yourself above them because of they're different.

Right. End of.

Now, Devlin's designs for SG2 follow on from the movie - does this mean a possible return of Ra? or another evil alien from his race? Because I heard it was Hathor...
                            I heard it was another taking revenge for Ra's death.

Comment

Beliefs don't need to be justified to anyone else, and will you stop comparing alternate views than your own to racism! Just accept that other people have different views to you and you are no more right than they are... this is the narrowmindedness I was refering to...
                              It isn't about 'Daniel Jackson's' homophobia anymore, or his glaring hypocrisy.

Back to Devlins shattered dreams.
                              Teal'c: I have read of a place where humans do battle in a ring of Jell-o.
                              O'Neill: ...Call Daniel.

Comment

You may swallow all of this political correctness (imo) bull****, but it doesn't mean all of us have to!
                                Discriminating someone because of the way they are born is wrong. Maybe its just the British courts that hold that rule though?

I dont hold with over-political correctness, but I do hold with the very belief that supposedly founded the USA, all men are equal.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X