Camelot (920)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amanda Eros
    Normally I'm completely pessimistic, but I will say this. I liked how they chose that girl to commit that selfless act, and because of that she was able to pull the sword from the stone. She didn't do it for herself, she did it for Cam, and that's the stuff that makes real good leaders.
    that was a nice surprise.

although i i half expected her name to be Joan
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Well from what I could see going back through tivo there were...

Four Ori ships against the

Korolev
      Odyssey
      9 Gou'ald Vessels
      1 Asgard Vessel
      3 Lucien Alliance Vessels

and by the end of the episode four Gou'ald vessels, one Lucien Alliance vessel, and the Korelev were completely destroyed.

Like others have already said, the beginning of the episode was really slow to me and while the ending was exciting it just seemed too rushed.

Poor Sam, she just gets to float out there in space watching Earth's ships and their allies be massacred by the Ori. Talk about feeling completely useless.

Comment

Originally posted by siXbrownSnakes2
        I think he's refering to Bruce Woloshyn, the VisFX Supervisor at Rainmaker. He was helping get sam's space suit on.
        Absolutely!! (see my sig)

Originally posted by MoebiusStrip
        Usually Bruce Campbell does A TON of cameos so I think it was that, but I could be dead wrong. I have it recorded so I will watch it again after Atlantis.
        Yes, you are dead wrong. I was referring to Bruce Woloshyn.

And I'm a SHE. (gee whiz!)

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
          Absolutely!! (see my sig)
          I'm afraid your sig doesn't really help. So, Bruce is Bruce Woloshyn, and Bruce Campbell wasn't in the episode?
          I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
            I'm afraid your sig doesn't really help. So, Bruce is Bruce Woloshyn, and Bruce Campbell wasn't in the episode?
            Sorry it's too subtle for you guys, but that's Bruce IN my sig.

I'm aware that not everyone here pays attention to the special effects guys who create the climactic space massacre you just witnessed, but I find their creativity and skills very impressive and am always delighted when the behind-the-scenes stars make cameos.

Comment

Tonight's episode was . . . unusual. I enjoyed parts of it and mocked parts of it, but the episode worked in a rather unusal way.

The Good:
              I like that a girl was involved in the Arthurian tradition, and her support of the team was believable. I appreciate that nothing romantic was involved, and the episode showed SG-1 having to negotiate with other planets again.

The shot with Vala at the end was very nice. In fact, I missed her in this episode.

I enjoyed that the alien races of the galaxy finally came together to fight the Ori, and I enjoyed that unlike the somewhat easy victory of Lost City Part 2 Earth lost a bit and clearly has some weapon development to do.

The team dynamic wasn't great across all of the members, but when present, it was well done.

The Bad:

Episode Pacing--This episode was slow: dreadfully slow until the end. While it was a decent episode, I didn't like it as a season finale. This should be number 19, not 20. Everything in the episode was needed, but I didn't like the way Season 9 ended. It's a good season, so I would have liked a better send off.

Exploding consols and flying ensigns--The slow motion battle damage sequence brought out my saracastic side. If the Ori had said "We are the borg. Prepare to be assimilated," the flying no-name characters and interior explosions would have been worth it, but otherwise I wanted to see more of Carter's reaction to the space battle or maybe the fleet denting one of the Ori ships. A communication from Vala, obviously coded, would have been nice.

Carter in Space: What is up with that? While I understand why she is in space and I can accept that she needs to be there for some currently unknown plot device, I have a problem with her reaction. No tears, shreiks, nothing. She simply stares as Ori ships began kicking the fleet around. Sam has emotions, and this would have been a great place to demonstrate them.

Overall, the episode was a good, but not great. It didn't give the season a climatic note of finality. It set up a great arc so that the first episode of Season 10 should be fantastic, but for a finale, it wasn't the best. 8/10.
              "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

I think Sam just staring shows thats she's in a state of complete shock. She obviously has never seen a battle... excuse me... a MASSACRE, like that.

She was used to the thought of the Ha'Taks being powerful vessels. And now she sees them being obliterated in one shot.

Not to mention possible thoughts going through her mind like...
                "How the f*** do we fight these guys???"
                http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

It was the korelev that got hit, you can only get this from the season 10 spoiler so think before stating total bull****.

I thought it was rather dissapointing that they made the Ori ships pretty much invincible. We didn't even scratch their hulls.

Also they should have done more with the Merlin story, instead, we're left with nothing.
                  Last edited by metroid; 10 March 2006, 07:41 PM.
                  error: signature not found

Comment

Originally posted by metroid
                    PEOPLE STOP SAYING THE ODYSSEY WAS THERE. IT WASN'T THERE. THEY EVEN SAID IT COULDN'T COME BACK BECAUSE IT WAS STILL IN PEGASUS.

It was the korelev that got hit, you can only get this from the season 10 spoiler so think before stating total bull****.

I thought it was rather dissapointing that they made the Ori ships pretty much invincible. We didn't even scratch their hulls.

Also they should have done more with the Merlin story, instead, we're left with nothing.
                    Actually it was the Odyssey there. It believe it was the Daedalus that was still in the Pegasus galaxy. I don't think they would switch commanders of a ship and that was definitely the commander for the Odyssey.

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                      Okay. I was wondering what selfish act, but you mean pulling the sword in order to help Mitchell, right?
                      Maybe I should rephrase. Normally the boys of the village try to pull the sword out of the stone when they come of age. If it was your chance to do it, what would you have in mind. "Oh, if I pull this out that would be totally awesome for me!" And maybe in the back of their minds they would be thinking of Arthur coming back.

Now we know a good deal of Ancient technology opperates from the will of the individual controling it. Such as when Shepard asked for a scanning device in Rising, he got a scanning device.

Perhaps the Sword in the Stone had some sort of Ancient technology that could sence the state of mind the person pulling on it. She was likely thinking that he needed the sword and the device was able to sence that.

It's just a theory of course, most of what I say is, but I at least think it makes sence.

So yes, that was the selfless act. Not selfish.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                        Actually it was the Odyssey there. It believe it was the Daedalus that was still in the Pegasus galaxy. I don't think they would switch commanders of a ship and that was definitely the commander for the Odyssey.
                        Oops!

Your totally right, i meant daedalus and typed odyssey

* edits post *
                        error: signature not found

Comment

Originally posted by metroid
                          PEOPLE STOP SAYING THE ODYSSEY WAS THERE. IT WASN'T THERE. THEY EVEN SAID IT COULDN'T COME BACK BECAUSE IT WAS STILL IN PEGASUS.
                          Wasn't it the Daedelus in the Pegasus Galaxy?

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Really slow start, but when it got to the last 10 minutes, it was the best battle ever!!! My mind was totaly blown away

Comment

Wow.. just wow, this episode was one of the most intensive episodes i've seen in a very long time, .. Ive been watching SG-1 since day one and I must say I am very impressed in the battle scene at the end of this episode.. It left me speechless, Im eager as always for the upcoming season.. Well done! You guys yet again, have me hooked =]
                              SciFi Since 07.27.97

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                                that was a nice surprise.

although i i half expected her name to be Joan

That would have been funny. Though Joan was French, and Arthur was Anglo? The French didn't come over until 1066. Unless the legend is from after that, not sure...?

Comment

Working...
                                X