No announcement yet.

Camelot (920)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just watched it with a friend (well not in the same place, but thanks to ICQ it worked pretty good ) and wow, it blows me away every time I see it.
    I love that you can't imagine the apocalypse that waits in the end, it starts as a simple explorer episode and slowly makes its way up to the climax.
    John Noble does a wonderful job as a leader, than for once TPTB figured out a really brilliant way to use the whole beaming technology and made in a way fun of it. To beam the team up twice always after Daniel said that magic doesn't exist was priceless.
    The scenes between Cam and Daniel were wonderful (like the one in The Fourth Horseman II), I wish TPTB would write that also in Season 10, but well...it doesn't seem so.

And the Supergate. It was a great idea that they showed the beginning of the invasion from Carter's point of view and wow, Joel Goldsmith, his score totally made this whole apocalypse.
    This battle was so...different. All this despertion and despair, that there was no miracle to save them all, that they all knew they would go down and that the only reason for survival would be that their enemy wanted it that way.
    In Season 9 we thought we saw the power of the Ori, but this was a demonstration...so deeply cruel and perfect, so beyond everything.
    That's all folks.

Comment

I'm with you, Gwin. Although it bothered me just a touch to see Sam put in a position to just stand there while all hell breaks loose (she totally kicks butt IMHO), I thought the ep overall was really cool. Nice touch to have the Team beam up, as you said, after DJ was explaining they weren't magical. And it left both me and my hub wanting to see S10. After all these years, 90% of them outside of the GW forum or any SG discussion, the show in general and this ep left me wanting more.

I listened to the commentary and understand AT was very sick when the show was taping (at least the last part), so I'm glad she didn't have a lot to do, though from what I heard, what she had to do was more than enough considering how she was feeling. As for the mud/no mud thing, it's explained in the commentary. I'm sure TPTB saw the inconsistencies, but sometimes it just has to be for time/money/etc. considerations. Annoying, maybe, but for me it's worth a giggle rather than an angry explosion.

Anyway, Gwin, I get what you said and I agree.

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
      O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

Talk about an apocalyptic ep & season ender... I would have died if I had to wait half a year to see the end/next part of it all. I really thought they'd all get shot to hell.

And man, seeing that Supergate and all those huge, classy Ori ships... That's sci-fi for you ladies and gentlemen. Top stuff.

Yeah I watched the extra's, too, AT was indeed very ill, she couldn't even stand-up most of the time. And she had such a small but very important role...

Btw I don't know of this answer has been given already but, why didn't they try to open a wormhole themselves after the gate closed again? That was the plan wasn't it? ...
        => Complete SG-1 marathon: currently watching Season 10... <=

In the end, only you can decide the fate of your own soul…

sigpic

As your mother, you will listen to *me*, young lady! There will be *no* leading ships on a mass murdering crusade!

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space
          Was it ever stated if the Asgard warship survived the big Ori invasion?
          Not sure but i think landry said something about it getting wasted

Mckay: Size doesnt matter

Sheppard:thats a myth

I like farris wheels,college football and a good cup of tea.

Comment

you mean in camelot????
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

probaly not since vasair was helping out on the oddessy and their beaming capabilties

and his ship only took on secondary fire from the ori ship whereas the daedalus class ship took on a full beam
              sigpic

Comment

They made it clear that only one Lucian alliance and one Earth ship survived the battle. They never showed Kvasir's ship being destroyed, but he was on his ship during the battle and then back on the Odyssey after it was over, thus making it seemingly clear that he would've had to beam back over to save himself before his ship was destroyed.

Anyway, the comment Landry said was this; "All we know is they cut through two of our 304's, an Asgard ship, and a fleet of Goa'uld motherships." Notice he says two 304's so in this context 'cut through' doesn't necessarily mean absolutely destroyed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sicktem View Post
                  They made it clear that only one Lucian alliance and one Earth ship survived the battle. They never showed Kvasir's ship being destroyed, but he was on his ship during the battle and then back on the Odyssey after it was over, thus making it seemingly clear that he would've had to beam back over to save himself before his ship was destroyed.
                  actually there were more ships that survived the battle since the oddesy had to ring serveral jaffa over and he metioned that their life support couldnt take anymore poeple.

and mitchell suggested that the ori wanted more followers so destroyng everyship there would mean no news on what happened and that how truely powerful the ori are.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                    actually there were more ships that survived the battle since the oddesy had to ring serveral jaffa over and he metioned that their life support couldnt take anymore poeple.

and mitchell suggested that the ori wanted more followers so destroyng everyship there would mean no news on what happened and that how truely powerful the ori are.
                    Parts of ships survived with enough air in them to keep them alive long enough for them to be rescued - They showed the remains around the time Mitchell wanted to bring survivors on board and it certainly wasn't anything that could fly or was in one piece.

Anyway, Mitchell said that in relation to why they left those two ships and the point was to show that despite all the destruction they wanted a very limited amount of survivors around to tell others what they had seen. Leaving a lot of survivors by not trying not to destroy more than a very limited number of ships defeats the purpose as then it makes people view it more as an organized retreat. Anyway, I'm sure they knew that the Asgard ship only had one life sign on it and thus wouldn't have been a good choice to leave behind.

Comment

Have to admit watched that episode last night after finishing the season 9 box set which i bought on thursday pretty quick but i have to admit in my opinion bets season yet i know there were complaints, or opinions that it got worse, i was even one of them people who said it was worse i believe that season 9 is the best i've seen. But this episode apart from being my favorite, i saw at the end of the battle no ships or was that just th eview you get at the end of the episode as i can't remember seeing any ships? But then not seen series 10 though.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sicktem View Post
                        Anyway, the comment Landry said was this; "All we know is they cut through two of our 304's, an Asgard ship, and a fleet of Goa'uld motherships." Notice he says two 304's so in this context 'cut through' doesn't necessarily mean absolutely destroyed.
                        It was actually "for all we know....". The FOR implies even more uncertainty.

Best Stargate quote:
                        Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                        Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother View Post
                          It was actually "for all we know....". The FOR implies even more uncertainty.
                          If you say so - I got that off an online transcript and didn't realize that someone would be so stupid as to copy a huge error like that.

Comment

Kvasir was already on Odyssey when the ships came through, they couldn't beam Carter in at the time because of interferance, so they obviously couldntt beam him back out. Thus he was stuck there, which explains about him making the repairs to the ship.

To answer the original question, it wasn't said if it was destroyed. Landry simply said that thhe Ori ships cut through two 304's, an Asgard ship and a fleet of Ha'taks.

So considering that Korolev was destrioyed, Odyssey badly damaged, Ha'taks all destroyed except for the late Lucian Alliance arrivals. Then it's probably a good bet that it was either destroyed or at least severely ass kicked. I'd go for destroyed seeing as it wasn't shown after it, even consulted or talked about by Kvasir. Then the fact that it didn't come to help out Odyssey also plays a part.

Personally I think it was destroyed myself if not for anything other that to simply show off the power of the Ori ships. Even if it wasn't, then it took a heck of a beating & probably just escaped with it's ass attached. Although most likely it will never be officially revealed. Maybe unless you jump over to JM's blog & see if he can answer did it get blown or up just handed an ass kicking!

Comment

Long Answer - Yes
                              Short Answer - No

No body knows
                              Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz View Post

No body knows
                                Except the Asgard,so why doesnt earth just ask them
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X