Camelot (920)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me too.
    I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Did anyone happen to notice if the Asgard ship was
      Spoiler:
      distoryed in the battle with the Ori?
      McKay:...ZedPM
      O'Neill: Zed?
      Jackson: He's Canadian
      O'Neill: I'm sorry

Comment

i didn't see no evidence of it. only know that all hataks and one 304 were ownd.

Comment

Spoiler:
          No, the Asgard ship was just maneuvering round their ships firing, but dont forget they actually have shields that work

Just wanted to see if it worked

Comment

Who do you guys think Authur is?! haha I think it'll be vala's baby. I don't know why lol but I doubt they'll create a jesus and the only other character they keep mentioning is Authur and how he's coming back soon.
            We are followers of eternal Hathor!!

"We are the queen of the Gods, we are the mother of all Gods."

Comment

Maybe he will just appear sometime, who knows but I have just thought, if he descended then that would make him sort of mortal and he can be affected by age so he could very well be dead now and no use to us whatsoever

Comment

Originally posted by WraithWarrior
                ^Its true and for all we know the ships may have a lot more weapons (not that they need it looking at the performance of the main cannon in Camelot) but we aint seen them yet cuz they never needed to use them and as for more weapons, it might have been an Hatak but I swear that I saw one of the Ori ships firing small energy bursts at an approaching Hatak. The burst of energy bullets was coming from the back but like I said, it may have just been me not seeing correct
                Yeah, I am 98% sure we saw a secondary weapon firing from the back and sides- just little energy bolts. We see them destroy one of the Hatak vessels in the battle.

Comment

Maybe he will just appear sometime, who knows but I have just thought, if he descended then that would make him sort of mortal and he can be affected by age so he could very well be dead now and no use to us whatsoever
                  Yeah I was thinking that too but then I remember how the people in camelot kept mentioning Arthur's return and it so happened to coincide with Vala's birth so maybe it was some weird ass prophecy where the powerful child of the ori would turn on them and become the new arthur? ahah It was just a stupid idea that popped into my head haah.
                  We are followers of eternal Hathor!!

"We are the queen of the Gods, we are the mother of all Gods."

Comment

Do you think that after seeing what the Ori can do first hand, the Asgard will decide Earth needs their more advanced tech (weaponry included) and hand it over? This obviously still wouldn't give Earth an easy victory, but the technology gap (recently discovered Ancient superweapon aside) between Earth and the Ori must be closed at least a little bit to defeat the Ori, don't you think?

EDIT: Sorry if this has already been posted, but there are a lot of pages to trawl through.
                    Last edited by AsgardBob NoPants; 18 March 2006, 05:38 AM.

Comment

^^^So I wasnt seeing things

^^It could be but then again the people in Camelot also thought the black knight was a magical curse and so would believe that he will return plus the fact that when he wrote that he will return maybe he was still ascended and then had problems once he descended. Just another thought, dont the Ancients lose their knowledge once they take back human form (ie descend)

^Thats a good idea actually I mean the Asgard were part of the massacre and athough they didnt get destroyed themselves, they saw what the Ori did to our ships. Another thought is that the Asgard must have some ZPMs to power their shields to the full potential so where are they getting them from. Maybe thats why we cant find any

Comment

One other thing I liked about this episode is how it blurred the line between Technology and Magic. I mean, the Goa'uld were using all these advanced technologies which we could see were not magic, but in this it's harder to see a difference (if you get what I mean).

Makes you wonder what other myths and legends were actually based on advanced technologies.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey
                          One other thing I liked about this episode is how it blurred the line between Technology and Magic. I mean, the Goa'uld were using all these advanced technologies which we could see were not magic, but in this it's harder to see a difference (if you get what I mean).

Makes you wonder what other myths and legends were actually based on advanced technologies.
                          I kind of get where youre comin from but dont you mean races/cultures because that is what myths and legends are based on

Comment

I kind of get where youre comin from but dont you mean races/cultures because that is what myths and legends are based on
                            No, I mean myths and legends. Think about it- a hologramatic black knight being interpreted as a 'curse' when it's just a piece of technology could lead to other similar things being attributed to magic.

For an example off the top of my head, they could do stories about things like the truth behind the myths of vampires or dragons and stuff.

Ooo... but I've just had a great idea- they should have a crossover ep with Atlantis where they find a Wraith has been hiding out on Earth for centuries, waking up every few hundred years to feed on the inhabitants of some small rural town in eastern europe or something, and was the origin of the Vampire myth...

But that's off topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey
                              No, I mean myths and legends. Think about it- a hologramatic black knight being interpreted as a 'curse' when it's just a piece of technology could lead to other similar things being attributed to magic.

For an example off the top of my head, they could do stories about things like the truth behind the myths of vampires or dragons and stuff.

Ooo... but I've just had a great idea- they should have a crossover ep with Atlantis where they find a Wraith has been hiding out on Earth for centuries, waking up every few hundred years to feed on the inhabitants of some small rural town in eastern europe or something, and was the origin of the Vampire myth...

But that's off topic.
                              It may be off topic but its a possibility and the reason he couldnt tell any other Wraitha bout Earth was because he took some damage to his ship when he was entering hyperspace and accidentally came to the MW and didnt know where he was so found Earth and stayed there. Just a modification on your idea there, hope you dont mind

And I know what you mean now about the myths and legends

Comment

I would've at least liked to have seen the System Lords (aka Baal because the writers forgot that there was more than one) make a showing, but maybe that'll come later down the line.
                                I will rule the world... and find that truly good cup of coffee.

Comment

Working...
                                X