Camelot (920)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jedi_Rocker
    I think the reason our ships don't move as much is because of the lack of engine technology in our ships, I know we have asgard hyperdrive and shields but I think our sub-light engines suck. Thats why we just sat there. I think. How big was the Supergate I think it was massive so the Ori ships must be enormus but remember so is space so maybe they are more manervrable than you thinkhttp://forum.gateworld.net/images/gw_icons/icon4.gif
    Exclamation
    I think you are right, I can't remember I ever seen a 304 or a 303 for that matter doing any quick manouvers. However I've noticed that the Gould motherships seems to have similar problems, so most battles are done head to head. The question is why the designers of the earth ships didn't take that into consideration and added a big fixed frontal gun.

If I had designed those ships I would make two heavy railguns running through the entire ship and accompanied them with some lasers. Ok, lasers would probably don't have much effect on a capitol ship due to their large mass but they might help weaken the enemy shields so the railguns would have more effect.

Comment

So, did anyone see the sparks flying between Kvasir (?) and Sam? I'm going to assume Kvasir is a he, for simplicity's sake. The way he said "Colonel Carter" when he first beamed up just spoke luv.

I know, but surely there must be some interest in something other than ships and weird scientific or mathematical equations to explain ships.
      I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

721 posts! Oi!

I really enjoyed this episode. Such a hardship to have to wait til July to see how it all turns out. <wah!>

Camelot was a lovely mix of the old and the new SG-1, with the first half of the ep looking like it was taken out of seasons1-3 and the last half from 8-9.

Teal'c got another gem this week, to rival his "Darth Vader" comment in Crusade. "The Easter Bunny!" ROTFLOL! Loved Sam's face as she tried to work out why he'd say that.
        I don't know if they planned it that way of if CJ ad libbed it, but I got the mental image of the Goa'uld goddess Astarte inviting all Jaffa over to her planet once-a-year for a high-stakes egg hunt.

Cam was good this week. No complaints, and its gotten to be quite fun to watch him get beat up... er... I mean, to swordfight. I kinda wish the girl had grabbed the sword at the end, kneeling over Cam and under the Black Knight and about to thrust it into him when Daniel shut the hologram off. As it is, I got a kick out of how the villagers ignored Cam to flock around their homegrown hero.

Daniel was a joy to watch, and his timing was sooo off! It was delicious watching him in his element and I loved the dirty look he gave Cam when he said, "you know we're working under the clock, here."

I though Daniel's final solution was more him channeling Jack than Cam, though.

My hubby is now convinced that Vala is pregnant with Merlin himself - who lives backwards through time. He thinks she got impregnated back when they discovered Merlin's place in England. Kinda, sorta, possible spoiler for season ten..
        Spoiler:
        (He doesn't come onto this forum so he's blissfully unaware of any spoilers and it's fun to watch him work out all the possibilities. <sigh> Fun in a tragic sort of way....)

Vasir and Sam were terrific together. Really.

Cool battle... er... massacre scenes, with Sam stranded outside and the rest of SG-1 getting their butts wiped by the Ori Toilet Seat(tm) ships of DOOM! Man, are they BIG!

I had really hoped Teal'c was going in search of Ba'al(maybe he was enroute when the LA caught him). Is this the ep arc where we say good bye(good riddance) to the Lucian Alliance?

The shot of the supergate opening in space was a thing of beauty. I have to say that my heartrate went up considerably when that happened. That would have been nice to see on the big screen....

What an interesting shot of Vala in the ship window. It looked like she was in a livingroom with, well... one heckova view, that's for sure.
        Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
        "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
        One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
        resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
        confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
        A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
        The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess

I had really hoped Teal'c was going in search of Ba'al(maybe he was enroute when the LA caught him).
          You know, that would have made more sense. Ba'al has helped them out before, when it benefitted him. But, *sob* now that's making me think of Reckoning, which was similar, but seemed to emphasize characters more.

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
            So, did anyone see the sparks flying between Kvasir (?) and Sam? I'm going to assume Kvasir is a he, for simplicity's sake. The way he said "Colonel Carter" when he first beamed up just spoke luv.

I know, but surely there must be some interest in something other than ships and weird scientific or mathematical equations to explain ships.
            Oh that is wrong on so many levels. Just disturbing!
            "The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably the day they start making vacuum cleaners."
            - Ernst Jan Plugge

Comment

*whistles innocently*

Comment

Nice episode. I loved season 9 so much. Way better than any other season I think.

So I haven't looked through all posts and sorry if it's been mentioned but did anyone else see Sam say the F word when the Ori ships came through the super gate?

Adding:
                Spoiler:

So the Holy Grail is right before their eyes? Hmm did they think to use that dimension shifting thing, go to the other dimension and look in that same room for it, pick it up and go back to their own dimension with it in hand?
                Last edited by Nathan; 13 March 2006, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Adding:
                  Spoiler:

So the Holy Grail is right before their eyes? Hmm did they think to use that dimension shifting thing, go to the other dimension and look in that same room for it, pick it up and go back to their own dimension with it in hand?
                  Spoiler:
                  But the phase-shifting device completely ran out of power, as was referenced in Kvasir's and Sam's speculation on the nature of the anti-Ori weapon

Comment

does anyone think the asgard ship made it out of that battle?

See Jaffa are Crazy! (pic of a Tia food place in the US of A )

Comment

Originally posted by riffcold
                      Spoiler:
                      But the phase-shifting device completely ran out of power, as was referenced in Kvasir's and Sam's speculation on the nature of the anti-Ori weapon
                      True, but I still think that's where it is.

Comment

Originally posted by randy
                        Could you please state the site where you found this information?
                        This explaoins it quiet handily and is the best you will find out there for nukes in space and actually most other weapons from a purely scientific viewpoint.
                        http://www.projectrho.com/rocket/rocket3x.html

Comment

Originally posted by Flibble
                          Question - where did you get that from? We've seen the Ori ships twice onscreen - in Crusade and Camelot - with the battle sequence being the first time we've been able to see the comparative sizes of Ori and alliance ships.
                          Take a good look in Crusade at those ships, there they scale to about 350m wide,
                          They also scale in Camelot to about 350m wide, IF one takes the ship alone into view.
                          however, if one does scale the supergate in Camelot the ship scales up to nearly 1900m wide.
                          If the ships would realy be that big, the scene in Crusade with the ships on the ground would either require Vala to be looking down at the vally from more then mount everest hight and one would not be able to even see a single hint of the people on the ground around those ships.
                          Therefore the scaling of the supergate and the ori ships is wrong.

Comment

Personally, I'd get a kick if the anti-Ori weapon, the Holy Grail, was actually a part of the hologram of Merlin, since we know Ancient holograms can be both physical, and immaterial, it actually could have been right in front of them, and when Daniel destroyed the control crystals it slipped right through his fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman
                              Why is my "Gallifreyan Artifact" thread merged into this? It wasn't about the episode, it was about something in the backround of a single shot and an odd coincidence. By merging it you have effectively made it so nobody will see it or respond to it. So glad I posted it for nothing. Annoyed now.
                              your thread's not the only one to be merged with the 'camelot' thread. while i'm not a fan of space ship threads, the ppl that started said threads and the ppl that are replying in them 'are'... and now they've been merged with 'camelot' and this thread seems schizophrenic.

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nathanaus

So I haven't looked through all posts and sorry if it's been mentioned but did anyone else see Sam say the F word when the Ori ships came through the super gate?
                                ooh, i don't know, but i'll have to go back and look at that again.

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X