1MT = 3,3x10^4 J
    1GT = 3,3x10^7 J
    1TT = 3,3x10^10 J

10000m
    1KT = 3,3x10^-1 J
    1MT = 3,3x10^2 J
    1GT = 3,3x10^5 J
    1TT = 3,3x10^8 J

A 1Gt nqa nuke, like the ones from he apohhis invasion attempt from season 1/2 will deliver at a distance of 1km from the hull a energie level of 33000000 joule per sqr cm of the target ship or shield. That is more then enough to vaporize large parts of the hull in that proximity.
    Could you please state the site where you found this information?

Comment

Originally posted by Auralis
      And a Ori ship is certainly not 2000m wide. It is smaller then a ha'tak in fact.
      Question - where did you get that from? We've seen the Ori ships twice onscreen - in Crusade and Camelot - with the battle sequence being the first time we've been able to see the comparative sizes of Ori and alliance ships.

Also, I'd like to say that in one shot from Camelot it is clear that the scale between the Odyssey and a Hat'ak is correct. 26 minutes in (I have it downloaded so can be precise!) the Odyseey jumps out of hyperspace and is clearly smaller than the Hat'ak directly in front of it. The later battlescenes do seem to show a different scale, which I didn't notice before as I was too gripped to notice such detail!
      Last edited by Flibble; 13 March 2006, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Damn, I thought there were 2 more eps coming for this season.
        After looking on tv.com, I noticed there weren't any.

hehe I got post number 7 0 9 Seven of Nine!

Comment

Originally posted by randy
          Could you please state the site where you found this information?
          And maybe find a site that translates it into English?
          I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
            <massive windbag snip >
            Finally, I'll depart you all with a few final observations on the most important part of the show--the team. At least it's most important to me. But, given the content of the massive amount of posts in this thread, it's clearly not to most others. Anyway, the team. Well, there isn't one. Sorry, but if Camelot did anything, it really helped to illustrate just how unteamlike season nine has been. Everyone is very much just doing their own thing, be it Teal'c just taking off on his own, Carter working on the supergate, or Daniel left to his lonesome in Merlin's chamber. Cliffhangers work best when SG-1 is together, and here they just weren't. I know the writers are dancing around the command problem. It's become quite the albatross dangling around SG-1's neck. Carter and Mitchell don't talk about it, Teal'c and Daniel are never in a position to take sides, and the writers are absolutely terrified to alter what has become the status quo. The result, I think due to the actors or directors, is that Carter, Teal'c, and Daniel don't really seem to like Mitchell. They tolerate him, sure. But after a whole year, he doesn't seem to have been accepted by the team. That was highlighted again in Camelot with Carter's and Tealc's reactions to Mitchell's "plan", as well as with a couple of Daniel's looks. I don't know, to me, SG-1 treats him more like a coworker than as one of their own. He's definitely on the outside looking in.
            Well, golfbooy... I've gotta say I agree with you. From start to finish, you've pretty much summed up the pros and cons of this season, some being glaringly obvious and others being a bit more subtle. Nice!

Now, this one stuck out the most to me (though I wholeheartedly agree with your praise or Daniel's behavior, and your bemoaning of the lack of Carter/Teal'c). It's quite a mystery as to why the characters have been allowed to develop in such a way that they somewhat alienate Cameron, not quite treating him as one of their own.

The lack of a cohesive team in any respect will be this show's downfall, if they don't pick it up a notch and raise the bar. They've had more than enough opportunities to work this out, and they haven't. The political stuff that's been going on behind the scenes in regards to addressing the command problem have dragged the show down. It's very jarring when you compare it to other seasons - with the exception of S6-7, where there were evidently other politics at work.

They have a couple of months to work this out. It's odd to think that they're filming the season premiere now, but for me, the writing will be on the wall, if they continue along this vein of thinking/writing/developing. I like to have hope, but if they can't get their act together before July, I think the show is screwed.

Comment

Well, here is what I think, let me know what you guys think.

I think that all the ships were destroyed in the finale, but the ancients have finally realized that they have let the ORI go to far. So they ascend everyone that was defending there galaxy, and them decend them back home. The ancients then finally step in and take care of the supergate, and the ORI ships.
              You have already taken the first steps towards becoming.....The Fifth Race.

Comment

I am not putting a spoiler tag on the topic name because lets be honest if you dont know from the name that this is a spoiler from the episode Camelot then I would honestly suggest going to a doctor
                -
                -
                -
                -
                -
                -
                -
                -
                -
                -

Now there have been some posts in other threads (not connected to this topic) where some people where talking about the fact that our ships don’t move when in a battle... why is that? if you watch the final battle scene it seems like the asgard are the only ships with the right idea ... right when the battle started there seemed to be in a formation with all the hataks and 304's fighting directly at the Ori ships... however once the first waves of beams started firing and obviously taking out some hataks the Asgard ship went into a aggressive attack run on the Ori ship and as far as we could tell (although it wasn’t completely clarified) the Asgard ship wasn’t destroyed in that battle. Both earth ships if we didn’t have the advanced shielding we had would have been destroyed instantly when hit by the ori beam weapon. Now my question is why didn’t our 2 304's go into a defensive attack run on the ori ships? when i say defensive I mean not go right in the face of the ship because lets be honest the Asgard ship has the power to do something like that our ships would have been more then likely destroyed doing that kind of attack run. When I say defensive I mean keep a safe distance but constantly moving to make it a little more difficult for the Ori beam to hit us. We did see a few hataks move into a offensive fire mode and made very close passes at the ori ships assaulting them. Which in my opinion might have actually kept them alive long because they where moving and from what I could tell the ori ships because of there massive size are actually slow in combat maneuvering. Our ships just sat there firing from the same location the whole time... what the hell is that?

I hope not too many of you completely disagree with my observation and have some suggestions or even strategy techniques that might keep us alive longer in ship to ship combat with the Ori

See Jaffa are Crazy! (pic of a Tia food place in the US of A )

Comment

So.....season 10 will be 1 episode long?
                  "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

I think the reason our ships don't move as much is because of the lack of engine technology in our ships, I know we have asgard hyperdrive and shields but I think our sub-light engines suck. Thats why we just sat there. I think. How big was the Supergate I think it was massive so the Ori ships must be enormus but remember so is space so maybe they are more manervrable than you thinkhttp://forum.gateworld.net/images/gw_icons/icon4.gif
                    Exclamation
                    Stargate Season 9...What Happened?????

Comment

bah what the heck why was it moved into the camelot thread? there are tons of camelot threads in teh season 9 that wherent moved into here...

See Jaffa are Crazy! (pic of a Tia food place in the US of A )

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                        And maybe find a site that translates it into English?
                        Just want to find out if the source is a valid one, not sites like Wikipedia or .com.

Comment

What ship got destroyed, the Odussey or the Korolev?

My guess is that not even TPTB doesn't even know or atleast didn't know when this episode was made. I guess it will quite much depend on if the guy playing Chekov is available when doing the season premiere.

I'm really looking forward to the new episodes!

Comment

Originally posted by randy
                            Just want to find out if the source is a valid one, not sites like Wikipedia or .com.
                            Well, I couldn't say, because I couldn't make any sense of it. For all I know, it was directions to do the hokey pokey. But, actually, I don't really want an explanation. I doubt I'd understand it.
                            I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

What I want to find out is when they will start using Hebridan Ion Drives, which they started studying a couple years ago. If they can manage to install these on Daedalus-class ships, they would probably have a better chance in evading some of the energy attacks during battles

Comment

I think the reasons our ships didn't dodge enough is because the only have thrusters to move them forwards. The Asgard and Jaffa engines are much more refined for moving in a 3D space, however ours our limited. Imagine if our ship made an attack run under the Ori ship (since I don't think we have any weapons which fire downwards). Once we get to the other side, we have to stop completely, turn and then go back. Otherwise it would be like trying to turn sharply on ice, and the ship will just spin.

Because this is space, theres nothing to stop them while they're moving, except an equal force on the other side. Too little force will not stop it, and too stong a force will move it backwards. So they have to get it all balanced out, and carefully and quickly too. Which is why it's probably easier to stay more or less stationary. Plus most of the ships weapons fire forwards. What I don't understand is why they don't just stick a Hatak weapon on it, which might actually be good against shields. Really, the oddessey couldn't kill a turtle.

Comment

Working...
                                X