Camelot (920)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by golfbooy
    ... Ok, so I just tried to post this and the forum called me a windbag and told me to pare it down. I, of course, scoffed at such infantile software and have instead made two posts. Ha!
    golfbooy - superb review. Wanted to green you so bad!
    scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine_nl
      I think they want CB in so that some others get some more depth, another character meaning more angles in the stories, meaning more character development, now we can see how Carter handles herself in Vala's presence and will she take Vala serious after Vala's sacrifice to disable the first supergate.

I am really looking forward to Carter Vala scenes. I so hope they do some good ones next season. It's my main encouragement to give season 10 a chance.
      scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK
        It was kick butt to see that. All of us fighting side by side. To bad we got spanked. Well I guess the battle would kick a lot of butt if you were on the Ori side.
        I'm sure that it wont be the last battle.

Oh and by the way the Music was awesome at the end when the Supergate starts up and the whole battle music was very nice, id love to get my paws on a seperate music track.
        I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

Originally posted by Avatar28
          Yeah, but fitting 10s of thousands of people onto a ship that small would be something of a problem.

Not with the technology the Ori have available, think wraith dart.
          Storage problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by nano
            Like i tried to say...
            No 304 was destroyed....
            http://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/39cfc6ed47.jpg <<< Thats only the nose exploding...
            WAY TO SMALL EXPLOSION FOR THE HOLE SHIP
            It was definitely a 304 exploding, and it was the whole ship. I couldn't tell whether it was the Odyssey or the Korelev, but it was definitely an Earth vessel that was destroyed entirely.
            Μηνιν αειδε, θεα, Πηληιαδεω Αχιληος...

Comment

Originally posted by nano
              Like i tried to say...
              No 304 was destroyed....
              http://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/39cfc6ed47.jpg <<< Thats only the nose exploding...
              WAY TO SMALL EXPLOSION FOR THE HOLE SHIP
              Listen, THE SHIP IS GONE. GET OVER IT.

Honestly, you neg rep me because you don't want to believe a simple fact? Even if, by some freakish occurence, the back of the ship was not destroyed, they've still lost all controls and will all either get sucked out into space pretty quickly or else suffocate.

And that picture is just a picture of an explosion. You can't see the back of the ship in it. You can't see any of the ship in it.

This is a much better picture. Here, we can can clearly see the nose of the ship in tact, while the back of the ship is exploding:
              http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=rays1x
              Last edited by Jonzey; 13 March 2006, 02:33 AM.

Comment

Excuse me but I seriously don't understand why the jaffa didn't use the death glader during the part of the fight we saw, I know these ships doesn't shot big shot but still, it helps if we got a lot of those in the air firing the ori ships! And with the big laser of the ori ship, they can't hit these!

Also the same problem on the earth ships, why they didn't use their X302!???

Comment

The Ori ships had a faster firing secondary weapon which would take them out in one shot. And if an Asgard weapon can't even dent the shields, what chance would a puny death glider have?

Mitchell was heading for the 302 bay at the end of the episode though, to try and draw their fire away from the Korelev.

Comment

Yep. Pretty much.

And yes, the secondary firing mode took our Ha'taks almost as fast as the giant larger beam weapon did.

Their secondary fire takes out Ha'taks like our railguns take out Darts.
                    What hope in anyones' hell do the F-302s/Death Gliders have?

HOWEVER. One thing that did bug me was, where were the Al'khesh? We have prooved time and time again (Prometheus Unbound, that episode where the sun exploded...) that the Al'khesh are incredibly mothership killing machines, because their small, fast, manuverable and can carry incredibly powerful payloads.

The Ori ships seemed to fire as fast as the Ha'taks and they couldn't hit their own ships with some half decent pilots.
                    So, where were the Al'khesh? We even saw them before the Ha'taks all met up at the gate in a previous shot.

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey
                      Mitchell was heading for the 302 bay at the end of the episode though, to try and draw their fire away from the Korelev.
                      Great help that was, two ori ships fired at it at the same time and destroyed it.
                      Betrayed

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin
                        Had the CGI effects in Camelot taken continuity into consideration, things would have appeared much differently.
                        For example, the Daedalus class ships would have been about 200-300 meters shorter than the Ori ships. The Ori ships would have been about half the size of a Ha'tak. A Ha'tak is about three-quarters the size of an O'Neill class ship. (I'm working on scaling all the ships from previous seasons to get better numbers).

In other words, the Ori ships should have been the second smallest in the battle, which would have, in my opinion, made them look much more scary. Seeing a little ship taking down Ha'taks with a single shot would have made a bigger impact on me.
                        Would have to disagree sorry, I just always suspected that the Ori ships would be similar to the size of a Goa'uld supership so larger then a ha'tal but smaller then a wraith hiveship. While it would have been interesting to see i don't think it was possible as bad guys must always have some kind of big intimidating ships against the good guys. I mean if it was small I think people would simply complain and laugh at the small ships even if they were winning.

Plus considering the Ori's goal and their technology it would make sense that they would make larger ships to carry the powerful ship weapons they have as well as troops for battle. Small ships are just plainly used against other enemy ships not to carry thousands of men into battle. And yes the Ori could potentially keep their troops in transporter stasis or something but remember the Ori want to expose their followers to the lowest level of technology possible as thats how they like their followers to be. Wraith is one thing who know technology is technology and not magic.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori
                          Would have to disagree sorry, I just always suspected that the Ori ships would be similar to the size of a Goa'uld supership so larger then a ha'tal but smaller then a wraith hiveship. While it would have been interesting to see i don't think it was possible as bad guys must always have some kind of big intimidating ships against the good guys. I mean if it was small I think people would simply complain and laugh at the small ships even if they were winning.
                          However, this does not changes the fact, that the ship scales in the battle where completly and utterly wrong.
                          A deadalus is not longer then a ha'tak
                          A O'neill is not smaller then a Deadalus.
                          And a Ori ship is certainly not 2000m wide. It is smaller then a ha'tak in fact.
                          They royaly messed up the scaling of the ships in Camelot.

Comment

Originally posted by InUtero
                            Great help that was, two ori ships fired at it at the same time and destroyed it.
                            We don't know if he got to the 302 bay in time or not. But if it was the Korelev which was hit, I reckon he got there in time. I recall seeing 3 white blobby things leaving the ship before the explosion (though they could have just been weapons fire going off at an angle).

Comment

You know, I think that gathering too large of a force around the gate would probably be a bad tactical idea. The Ori have shown themselves to be adaptive and very technologically advanced, and the gate represents a bit of a question mark. All we'd need is for us to gather nearly the whole of our forces there only to have some sort of ubernuke tossed through, crisping our ships with the force of a supernova.

However, there is something that I've wondered. We've seen that an F302 with its naquadriah hyperdrive can do a tiny jump through a ship's shields. Why not use the same method on a missile, detonating the naquadriah payload right as the missile comes out of hyperspace inside the target's shield radius? Might be a little pricey to develop, but I'd imagine they'd pack a hell of a punch.

Comment

Originally posted by Prongzy
                                Well I've just watched the episode and it's is simply one of the greatest SciFi episodes ever... the battle kicks ass over anything that Star Trek pulled off, with maybe one or two of the DS9 battles coming close... Prongzy

It kind of reminded me of that final battle with the Borg.

Comment

Working...
                                X