No announcement yet.

Camelot (920)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wondering, was the asgard ship destroyed. It looked like they were bugging out.

Comment

I don't think it was...they probably took off if they were smart.

Comment

Why is my "Gallifreyan Artifact" thread merged into this? It wasn't about the episode, it was about something in the backround of a single shot and an odd coincidence. By merging it you have effectively made it so nobody will see it or respond to it. So glad I posted it for nothing. Annoyed now.
        "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
        "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
        BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Oh thank God for someone finally saying this... Some watch it for the people, others watch it for the stories, others don't watch it at all!

Personally, I watch it for everything... I love the mythological facts that they draw out and spin into a mythology all their own...

I also love the people, the stories, the actors, the humor, and the hope that a SciFi show brings to it's audience... Since we lost Star Trek to their self imposed Bragger/Berman hiatus, TV hasn't had a lot of it! It's nice to see it back again in some form!

Any predictions on how long Stargate is going to survive?

Prongzy

Comment

I have some comments about this episode that i would like to address but first of all, I would like to say that they left this episode with a good cliffhanger and i'm sure people will be speculating for a long time or untill they return with new episodes in July.

Okay In "Camelot" The Season Finale of Stargate Sg-1 Season 9 it was about Sg-1 going to look for merlin's weapon and trying to stop the ori from reaching this galaxy. Okay the First 20 minutes of the episode was okay but they major battle scenes i thought were Cool were the Mitchell/Black Knight scene and him getting @$$ kicked all over the place and The Final Battle sequence with the Korelev, Odyssey, and All the Motherships and That One Asgard Ship.

Okay During the Finale there were some plotholes that they needed to address. 1) The Camelot people need to get a reality check that arthur is never coming back he's dead and a women pulled out a sword to help Colonel Mitchell defeat the black knight. 2) They need to stop using the Dakara/time loop machine device.

What I also wanted to know is why the hell did they send out a new BC-304 out of being built into service when its not even had a shakedown cruise nor a proper crew. Also Why didnt they have Vala Say anything instead of her looking out of an ori window and standing with a stick up her butt.

The Episodes "Crusade", "Camelot", and 10x01 "Flesh and Blood" is a 3-part episode arc and they should had a "to be continued" on both crusade and camelot instead of them acting like stand alone episodes. This is a good episode arc since we knew that the goa'uld were coming in the 1st season.

I thought Season 9 was good. It gave us a chance to have new characters on the show and them working into the rotation at the SGC like Mitchell for example. He came to the SGC after being injured serverly in the Battle of Antartica and it took a year to recover. I'm glad it was jack who was the one that gave him the position to have him command SG-1.

Okay folks only 4 more months intill Season 10. Great

Comment

did DJ and CM get beamed as a last attempt by the Korelev? if so Dj made it on the ori ship, why dont they beam in a nuke? hey a mark 9 war head would do a number on the sheilds
              Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by siXbrownSnakes2
                my speculation is the Ori somehow saved all our heroes.

I think you are probably right. They seem to have a real fixation with Daniel Jackson. I don't think that they would just let him die.

Comment

No 304 was destroyed....
                  http://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/39cfc6ed47.jpg <<< Thats only the nose exploding...
                  WAY TO SMALL EXPLOSION FOR THE HOLE SHIP
                  The WHOLE ship exploded.....there is no getting around it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeppan
                    What i do want to comment on(dont know if this is the right place) is the Ridiculous Size of the Ori ships...If we look right after the sequence where odysseys captain is informed that they have lost Sublight engines... We can see that the Size of the ori ships compared to the COMBINED size of the whole fleet is vast... One Ori ship is basically the size of like 10 hattacks if not more...i mean i would expect more of a technological superiority of the ORI to win this battle... but in this case it seems to be the simple fact of SIZE DOES MATTER rather than the technological advancement... i mean fine they have a Super gun.. but whats from stopping all the other races from building an equally large gun.. just build a ship but make Everything bigger...
                    I would chalk their size up to the fact that the ships have to carry a truck load of people. Besides it makes them scarrier. I can't say that I've been this afraid of an enemy ship since the end of the first season when Apophis comes to Earth.

Comment

Now I know I'm kind of a broken record on the SG-1 threads, but I loved the episode. I thought the ship battle scene was something close to the way the BSG guys would have done a battle.

I have to admit I did have one complaint. I think the asgard ship would have done some damage to those ships. As powerful as the Ori are, they haven't fought a war in thousands of years, and the Asgard I doubt are that far behind in weapons technology. But I guess it makes for a challenge.

"Jack these are the sequals they got to get harder"
                      --Danny Matigan from Last Action Hero.

Don't laugh, that's the only quote from that movie I remember.
                      That and when Arnold says "Leo the Fart is going to pass gas one last time."

Comment

Originally posted by x_sid
                        I would chalk their size up to the fact that the ships have to carry a truck load of people. Besides it makes them scarrier. I can't say that I've been this afraid of an enemy ship since the end of the first season when Apophis comes to Earth.
                        Had the CGI effects in Camelot taken continuity into consideration, things would have appeared much differently.
                        For example, the Daedalus class ships would have been about 200-300 meters shorter than the Ori ships. The Ori ships would have been about half the size of a Ha'tak. A Ha'tak is about three-quarters the size of an O'Neill class ship. (I'm working on scaling all the ships from previous seasons to get better numbers).

In other words, the Ori ships should have been the second smallest in the battle, which would have, in my opinion, made them look much more scary. Seeing a little ship taking down Ha'taks with a single shot would have made a bigger impact on me.
                        Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz!

Yep...know how you feel...kinda been feeling the same since I saw the Prommie!

........hmmm....

....."finally Earth is reckognised as a formidable force"
                          ....."we are now a superpower if you will"

........ sense a hint of megalomania

About to say exactly the same thing...the Wraith aren't stupid...i'm sure they have a jamming perimeter
                          Actually, that should be "The Wraith aren't THAT stupid". We've seen plenty of stupid Wraith before.

Comment

Yeah, but fitting 10s of thousands of people onto a ship that small would be something of a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Finn
                              the supergun in 'Ethon' neded a susstantial period of time to charge up before every shot
                              the ships had an immediate rate of fire, so either the weapon wasn't as powerful or else the Ori are keeping some secrets to themselves
                              Sam said in Ethon that the plans for the satellite were inefficient. They could have simply built the ships to be more efficient. Afterall, the ships, unlike the satellite, are in the possession of hardcore Ori followers. (Possibly even Priors)

Comment

Originally posted by bcharley
                                Spoiler:
                                Daniel was probably beamed onto an ori ship since he responded to their hail with the right passage from the book of orgin.
                                Spoiler:

I think that may have been the salvation of the Russian crewmembers. Since theirs was the only ship that responded with the passage, the Ori vessels might have beamed off the crew before obliterating it. It might also explain why *2* ships fired on it instead of the 1-and-done we saw before--granted, Ha'taks went down with one shot, but still...
                                Last edited by riffcold; 12 March 2006, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X