Camelot (920)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler:
    The Korolev. Season 10 spoilers say that the Odyssey squares off against Lucian Alliance ships in the first episode, so it has to be the Korolev.

Comment

thanks

Comment

Well I've just watched the episode and it's is simply one of the greatest SciFi episodes ever... the battle kicks ass over anything that Star Trek pulled off, with maybe one or two of the DS9 battles coming close... And while there was a little bit of predictability about the episode, it's in it's 9th season so those of us who've been watching from the beginning are going to be predicting stuff anyway... so stop complaining!

And all I have to say is thank God for spoilers and news of a July season 10 launch... While it's a few months away, I think I can hold out with a re-viewing of seasons 8 and 9 and some spoiler reading!

Yay for Claudia Black being made a regular cast member next season! I can only hope that Stargate makes it well in to the teens!

Prongzy

Comment

Y'know, they really should have tried parking their ships within the SuperGate before it was activated, thus "burying" the gate. Mighta worked.

Awesome episode. Looks like we've just been thrown back into Season 1 territory when we had nothing that could effect Goa'uld vessels at all.

-IMF
          "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
          "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
          BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Guys, let's please remember the spoiler tags.
            no, you don't need them for camelot discussion, but you DO need them for season ten speculation
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Prongzy
              Well I've just watched the episode and it's is simply one of the greatest SciFi episodes ever... the battle kicks ass over anything that Star Trek pulled off, with maybe one or two of the DS9 battles coming close... And while there was a little bit of predictability about the episode, it's in it's 9th season so those of us who've been watching from the beginning are going to be predicting stuff anyway... so stop complaining!

And all I have to say is thank God for spoilers and news of a July season 10 launch... While it's a few months away, I think I can hold out with a re-viewing of seasons 8 and 9 and some spoiler reading!

Yay for Claudia Black being made a regular cast member next season! I can only hope that Stargate makes it well in to the teens!

Prongzy
              Aussies have all reasons to be proud of her, she's definitely the best actress on TV these days

Comment

If you look closely at Merlin's Treasure seen in "Camelot" you will see a Gallifreyan artifact amongst the goodies. One of the "Reflector Staffs" from the Eye of Harmony room in The TV Movie. Not surprizing, as the TARDIS set was built at Bridge Studios, so it was probably lying around, and does fit in with the overall decor.

Y'know, the Doctor does indeed have a connection to Merlin...
                "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

there seem to be artifacts from many time periods

"Their victims knew no peace until the Ori came and whispered to them"Sleep for the end draws near"and on that day all will rejoice when the Ori come and lay them low. "

Comment

Originally posted by Øsiris øf the Øri
                    there is also a standerd for a roman legoin see the large bulky pole in the back on the right
                    The large bulky pole is the Gallifreyan artifact I'm talking about. That is Rassilon on top, the Omnicate on the portion beneath, and the reflector bit (no longer reflecting) beneath. I checked it agains the TVM and that is one of the reflector staffs. All the details match. It is not a Roman Standard.
                    BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

yeah I just noticed that

"Their victims knew no peace until the Ori came and whispered to them"Sleep for the end draws near"and on that day all will rejoice when the Ori come and lay them low. "

Comment

My only fear at this point is that this will turn into the borg situation. It starts with just a few taking on an entire fleet, then the good guys find some super weapon and destroy 44 enemy vessels in one hit each.
                        We are the ori. You will be assymilated. Resistance is futile.

Comment

One thing I want to touch on. How much has Teal'c changed since Season One? Watch the beginning of this episode again, when they enter Camelot. As they pass two villagers on the way in, Teal'c smiles and holds up a hand in greeting, inclining his head in respect. Would Season One Teal'c have done that?

He just seems happier and more rounded now. I love that Teal'c has grown as a character during this series's run.
                          BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey
                            My apologies. See, here I was thinking that people watch programmes for reasons other than just having their favourite actor/actress in it.
                            Where have you been? I'd say almost all of the regular posters on OS have admitted they only watch for Daniel/MS; that if he left, they would leave as well. There are varied reasons why people watch a show and YES, many DO watch because of their favorite actor/actress.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightspore
                              Where have you been? I'd say almost all of the regular posters on OS have admitted they only watch for Daniel/MS; that if he left, they would leave as well. There are varied reasons why people watch a show and YES, many DO watch because of their favorite actor/actress.
                              Wrong. Many people who post here watch for their favourite actor/actress. Many people who just tune in to chill out and watch a tv show really don't care who's in it.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                                Thats what I always thought. But considering the number of BB\CB fans who have actually told me they never watched stargate before and are only watching now becase BB\CB are on... well I guess we were both wrong.

I personally only watch TV shows for characters and plots, but thats just me.
                                As one of those who started watching SG-1 for BB and CB, I need to defend this. Personally, I think an actor can draw someone to a show. But if the show stinks, not many fans will stick around. If I didn't enjoy SG and like all the other characters on it, then believe me, I wouldn't be here. I've seen posts from BB fans who've said they went back and watched all the previous seasons of SG-1 once they heard Ben would be on the show. I've seen posts from other fans who said they took a look at SG in S9, and even though BB and CB are on it, they still didn't like the show and stopped watching.

Everyone's different, but I think most people don't continue to watch a show if they don't like it, no matter who's on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X