Camelot (920)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS***

After watching camalot and seeing Earth do battle alongside the Jaffa Tok'ra and the asgard, even though we lost the battle, i couldnt help but smile. I thought it so fantastic that after all these years, finally Earth is reckognised as a formidable force. We were fighting side by side with the Tok'ra, the Jaffa, and even the Asgard! I just loved it because 15 years ago no one had heard of the Tauri, 5 years ago we were just a pain in the ass to our enemies because we could only make infantry attacks through the gate, and now here we are, with spaceships of our own! i love seeing how we can add our might to the galaxy and not get pushed around anymore. we are on equal terms with the other powerful nations of our galaxy. we are now a superpower if you will. i just think its awesome how far we have come.

does anyone agree?... or am i a loser for taking stargate to seriously lol ?

"But the core of science fiction, is essance has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all..."

Dont let our show die.

Comment

I thought it was pretty cool too. But were the Tok'ra really there? Or did I miss that?

Comment

I doubt it, if they do make the Nox act, it'll sting my continuity opinion of them alot.

Although, there's a chance. *shrug* After all, we know very little as to what the 'Alliance' was about aside from sharing information.

Comment

i heard the captain of the oddesy (his names slipped my mind) mension that they were meeting up with the Jaffa and the Tok'ra Hataks.

"But the core of science fiction, is essance has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all..."

Dont let our show die.

Comment

Originally posted by siXbrownSnakes2
            Wasn't sure where to post this so I posted here, move if it needs moving

Just voted in the camelot fan poll, and apparently over 12,000 people have voted (over one night) and 97% are currently on outstanding.

That sounds bugged to me

Also considering the atlantis poll barely has 800 votes

and the puppets united, all wearing their brand new socks....

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK
              Baal....................Where are you...............................
              Hopefully building a mega badass ship with lasers and space guns and awesome shields.

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

Wouldn't it be great if Atlantis & SG1 get their respective problems to solve each other?

Think of the Wraith Hive Ship appearing right in the battle with the Ori.

Of course, we don't know how their times line up. Also, shouldn't it take the hive ship to make the journey in a month. But then if they have ZPM or an equivalent, they may chop that down to a matter of days.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Hunter
                  He doesn't die, he's back in 'Flesh & Blood' repairing the Hyperdrive, Shields & Transporters on the Odyssey. Hence he's still on board it.

It was the Korelev that was taken out, goto the S10 section of the site & read the spoilers.

In S10 I can see the Asgard ship coming back to help the Odyssey battle the two remaining Lucian Alliance ships.
                  Bloody hell, where the f*** was your spoiler warning?!

Godd*mn it!

Comment

Personally, I hope it's the Odyssey that gets destroyed. The Korolev felt a lot more... flavourful to me than the Odyssey, which just seemed like a Daedalus with blue interior lighting. That, and General Chekov is awesome.

Also, more points of conflict == more interesting viewing.

Comment

yes, we were there to get are few ships practically destroyed in minutes!

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                        My hope for the redemption of Stargate SG1 in S10 is that Carter saves the day by disabling the incoming wormhole and that she then
                        Spoiler:
                        fully heals vala using the goaul'd hand device after she takes the hit from sprog that was meant for danny-boy
                        thereby continuing her lead role as she deserves. (Personally I wouldn't mind one bit if they lost vala in the ori galaxy again for the majority of S10.)
                        i love your 'carter saves the day' idea!

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

i was quite disapointed in the fight, i was hoping for like 50 asgard ships whoopin ass, instead there was like... 1 asgard ship, 2 earth, and about 6 jafaa and tok'ra ones, and then when the lucian(sp) aliance comes, they bring 3 ships... 3... the galaxies finest, here to defend the entire place... like 10 ships.... Boo! the begining of season 10 better be damn impressive cause that fight sucked, and i think all of season 9 had been sub par next to older seasons... first they destroy Prometheus.. which anoyed the hell outta me, now the Brand new Odyssey gets blown up... great..

Comment

I waited a day to get on here because I knew it would be loaded.

All I can say is...WOW. This is the first epi that I've seen with over 12,000 votes (95%) were "excellent" on this site. It was well deserved IMO.

Poor Sam, to have to float there so helpless and small, watching her people get killed with her no doubt thinking her team was killed as well. What she must've felt...angry, little. This was probably the only way they could figure on getting her out of the Odyssey for the fight, 'cause I have a sad feeling that was destroyed. They did such a FABULOUS job when those ships first emerged, using her vantage point!!!

I honestly thought that when the Lucian alliance arrived it would be enough fire power to destroy at least one. My hopes actually rose, just to be destroyed in the next minute it took for the end. I had to go in slow motion to see what ships were destroyed - though all you see in the end is debrie. I saw one of ours blown to bits (my guess the Odyssey), though I didn't see the other. Many Jaffa ships also, though I didn't see the Asgard ship destroyed... Did anyone see whether or not our lovely little grey friend was killed or not? Heck, Daniel and Teal'c had to get out of there some how!

Those Ori ships were amazing. Kudos to the designers and SFX team for a job VERY well done! 5/5 by far.

There is one thing though. Kvazir (?) was talking that if possible, to open the supergate to the other side and aiming the weapon at the gate to destroy any Ori in that galaxy. But, though they might aim that weapon at the gate, it's still bound to have some effect in our galaxy, wouldn't it? In activating it here, wouldn't they run a huge risk of destroying our Ancients in the process of destroying the Ori?
                            Last edited by Dannygirl; 11 March 2006, 09:19 PM.
                            I knew it! I knew it! Well, not in the sense of having the slightest idea, but I knew there was something I didn't know!
                            - Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Comment

i don't know why i have to keep repeating and why ppl are complaining that there was on asgard ship..
                              the likely reason is the asgards werent expecting things the way it turned out.. the plan was to control the gate and send the ancient device towards them..and so things didnt turn out that way.. its likely kvasir alerted the other asgards during the battle.. because if all the other ships are dropping like flies.. the next target will be the asgard ship.

Comment

I don't think the Asgard copted out or else he wouldn't have bothered fighting in the first place.

As for the tension that destroying or even grazing an Ori ship would create, I truly disagree, though it would create a large plot hole. Look at Atlantis, that thing could take hours/days of continual bombardment of Wraith fire and not budge. The Ori are ascended which would mean that their tech/shields would be of equal or better make. Putting a dent in it wouldn't have made sense given their power source probably came from the Ori through the gate. Though heartbreaking, it also followed the direction the season's story was taking, with the easy destruction of the Promie. I liked the fact that the Ori ships weren't damaged, it proved the futility of going up against 50+ million years of tech and ascension. That to me was where the tension was and it was great. I felt hopeful when the Lucians showed up to help, then 2 minutes later that was all dashed which left my mouth open saying things like, "Oh sh*#. That was a massacre. "
                                I knew it! I knew it! Well, not in the sense of having the slightest idea, but I knew there was something I didn't know!
                                - Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Comment

Working...
                                X