Camelot (920)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hohenzollern
    I would not say TOO powerful, but yes, I am concerned about them being powerful enough to be leading to the deux ex machina solution.

Couldn't the Asgard have ponied up a few more vessels? The goa'ould are defeated, and the replicators. They can "spare a square", as it were?

I was hoping for an Asgard Fleet with some kind of "Vorlon-esque" super weapon to go toe to toe with the Ori Ships.

I have to say I was not prepared for how BIG the Ori Ships are. They looked tiny in the shipyards, I am now suprised they were buit on the planet, and not in orbit.
    The Ori had their knowledge passed to those less advanced, agrarian civilisations (of the Ori home galaxy) who obviously live in the middle-ages and have no kind of advanced science ( let alone a dry-dock in orbit )

.....The writers have said that the HOME fleet is still being produced...hopefully there are some upgrades in the pipeline

As for the Asgard...there has been little light shed on what they are so 'busy' with that they can't even help their old buddies
    ...rebuilding their civilisation they are!? taking along time, yes...hurry up! once they are done with the MW they'll go to Ida and make the Asgard prostrate as well!
    It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit
      You mean like the first episode of Atlantis season 2?
      I've never seen The Siege, Part III. But if you've seen Allies, I'm pretty sure you'll understand what I'm saying. I'm pretty sure I don't mean the same thing as Siege III.

And please refrain from making foolish comments like "We don't need fans like you here." Nothing personal, but that should not be said. People have opinions.

I don't remember who made the Power Rangers comment, but I agree with you. It's so sad for me to see what passes as a "good" story, these days. I'm reeeally hoping Season Nine was just a bit of a slump and that they'll pull out of it sometime in Season Ten/Eleven. I'm tired of them having to find a magical Ancient weapon to fix all their problems. Very reminiscent of Power Rangers.
      Jewel Staite Thunker | Secondary Women of SGA Thunker
      Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show and I should really just relax."

Comment

i love the impossible challenges, Ori rulz ! xD
        Hallowed are the Ori !!!
        Follow the path of the Enlightment !
        Why Sg1 !!?? Why not me!!?? Why !!??

Comment

Originally posted by j619pinoy
          I was very disappointed in the Earth ship's offensive weapons in the season finale.
          For all the technologies we've acquired, you would think the Daedalus class ships would have better weapons. ...

Come on! We can travel to other galaxies but we still use non-energy type weapons? Projectile type weapons are very useful but we do need some powerful energy type weapons as well.

The Jaffa and Asgard have energy weapons and what did they do to the Ori ships...nothing, nada, zip. Just because it’s an energy weapon does not make it better.

EVERYTIME one of our ships was in battle, they were always on the defensive because of their primitive weapons...it's getting old now! If only the Daedalus class ships were equipped with a modified version of the Tollan's Ion cannon....

They probably still wouldn't have worked because they didn't work on Anubis' ship and he was just using some of the Ancient knowledge that he would have learned if he was a regular old Goa'uld so it most likely wouldn't have worked on ships that are built with the knowledge of being that were probably as equally as good at building ships as the Ancients.

Why didn’t they just beam one of those Mark IX (gatebusters) next to the Ori ships, it MIGHT have caused some serious damage.

It might just have cause serious damage but then the fight would be over and they wouldn't be able to make a two parter/cliff hanger out of it, and who knows this still could happen in season 10. If the TPTB really wanted to end it before it started they could have beamed a Mark IX right next to the gate or on one of the links to try and destroy a link before the Ori dialed in, but they didn't because they wanted a cliff hanger and didn't want to wrap it up all nice and neat like previous years.

Comment

Originally posted by skalra63
            dont forget, that on the split of ancients, it was the altarians who carried on researching and developing technology. so the ori are probably using older ships than those of the altarians
            Yeah, but did you see the power source on the Ori ships? It looked the the Project Arcturus experiment in the TRINITY episode in SGA. It appears that the Ori might've perfected the technology. If thats the case then its possible that an Ori ships can annihilate an Aurora-Class Ancient warship 1vs1.
            http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
            http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToOne
              Hell, if we are going to go there, why not suggest the Furlings were involved
              that too is a possibility.

BTW, who else thinks Ba'al (more like ba'als) should have jumped into the battle with Teal'c? Wow, Lucian Alliance and their 3 ships, OH NOEZ!

Uber Hax does Stargate (YTMND)

Comment

Weren't the earth ships basically built to defeat the Gou'ald? It's obvious that they are better than Hatak-class ships. It's just that they never expected to face adversaries like the Ori and now they have to scramble to massively upgrade our ship tech.

Comment

Originally posted by siXbrownSnakes2
                  Wasn't sure where to post this so I posted here, move if it needs moving

Just voted in the camelot fan poll, and apparently over 12,000 people have voted (over one night) and 97% are currently on outstanding.

That sounds bugged to me

Also considering the atlantis poll barely has 800 votes
                  I don't think its bugged, I think that SG1's finale was really, really hyped up and it did deliver.

Look at this way. There's new starships being introduced, that of the Ori. There's a huge space battle where the good guys get PWN3D. There's a great sense of doom and "how the hell do we get out of this mess" feeling.

Now compare that to the idiocy portrayed by the SGA team as they got hooked-lined-and-sinkered by the Wraith. Plus 2 big Hives ships ganging up on the little Daedalus.... Tell, me which finale was more exciting to watch?

Comment

I absolutally loved this ep!!!!!!!!!
                    Where do I begin? Okay. First off, very nice horses.(I really like horses, so I'm going to notice that). The ep kept me on the edge of my chair. I felt sorry though when Mitchell (BB) had to go in the mud. Yuck. And something told me that the girl would pull the sword.
                    And the last scene...awsome,awsome,awsome.
                    I mean, Sam floating dangerously close to the wormhole. , Daniel and Cameron in the Russian ship possibly just blown up , and Vala watching helplessly on one of the Ori ships, her husband being one of the soldiers blowing up the other ships, knowing that some of her friends might be dying on those ships, and now, having contractions! She's having a very busy day.
                    And when Teal'c said that he was going to go get some much needed help, Me and my bro thought Assgard. But, the help that Teal'c got was fine. And I was really hoping that Thor was going to show up. But unfortunatly, he didn't.
                    All though I did have one problem.....IT ENDED WAY TO FAST!!!!!!

But again all in all, Writers you have done well!!!
                    *Rachel Luttrel* "Where are the bathrooms on Atlantis?" Now what the heck kinda question is that?

Comment

Having not seen the episode...can I just ask...

Why is the poll rigged?
                      sigpic
                      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                        Having not seen the episode...can I just ask...

Why is the poll rigged?
                        Because, in some people's opinion, the episode really wasn't that good. Also, the Atlantis poll doesn't have nearly that many votes, but this could just be because only SG-1's poll is on the front page. Personally, I don't think the episode seemed like a season finale, in fact I'd say it's the worst of the entire series. The ending was decent, but the rest of it was just dull and routine. Hopefully that helps.

EDIT: Also, if you believe the poll is genuine, Camelot is (in the fans' opinion) the best episode of SG-1 ever. Holy crap, that is utterly ridiculous.
                        Jewel Staite Thunker | Secondary Women of SGA Thunker
                        Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show and I should really just relax."

Comment

I would think it will be damn near impossible to get through the shields. The reason I say this is because if those are stargates on the ships then the shields will stay at 100% all the time, because its drawing its power through the stargate. I guess the Asgard could find the Freq. the shields are on and beam a nuke onboard, but we have no idea how the Ori shields work, so they might not work on a Freq, it might be a different way.

Comment

Originally posted by JackGyver
                            Because, in some people's opinion, the episode really wasn't that good. Also, the Atlantis poll doesn't have nearly that many votes, but this could just be because only SG-1's poll is on the front page. Personally, I don't think the episode seemed like a season finale, in fact I'd say it's the worst of the entire series. The ending was decent, but the rest of it was just dull and routine. Hopefully that helps.

EDIT: Also, if you believe the poll is genuine, Camelot is (in the fans' opinion) the best episode of SG-1 ever. Holy crap, that is utterly ridiculous.
                            It's the long awaited space battle that no one in the other parts of the GW forum can shut up about. Thats why there is such a high amount of votes.

May I also ask why on earth do you and some others are having "conspiracy theories" about GW rigging the polls?

Comment

Yeah, and to go from 4,800 to 12,700 votes in one week? Ridiculous.

It's not GW that's rigging the poll....

Comment

Originally posted by devildogg4444
                                I would think it will be damn near impossible to get through the shields. The reason I say this is because if those are stargates on the ships then the shields will stay at 100% all the time, because its drawing its power through the stargate. I guess the Asgard could find the Freq. the shields are on and beam a nuke onboard, but we have no idea how the Ori shields work, so they might not work on a Freq, it might be a different way.

i know what frequency the ORI ships run at .... it's a spiritual one ... on band 666

MWUHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Comment

Working...
                                X